What if the Rams weren't the Rams?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Would You Support a Rebranded Rams?

• Absolutely! Go Stallions!

• No way. I guess I'll just spend my Sundays with my family (sigh)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
How does changing the name change their history? History can't be changed, it's already happened...:confused:
I don't know. They've (revisionists) been changing history in text books for a long time now but I know what you mean.

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
I wouldn't be a fan if they changed their name. I'd probably become an AZ Cardinals since I live in AZ. Plus I could still carry over my animosity towards the 49ers and Seahawks. I'd also still have Kurt Warner History there.

Note: I've clearly spent to much thought into this. But I'm a Ram until I die or the team does. That being said, I would totally make the new "stallions" the rams in every single Madden game that ever comes out. It would be my mission.

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
I'll one up you. maybe he'll get crazy and name change IF the location changes ; )
from an NFL league official being asked questions on the set of Inside the NFL about LA said it'll be a couple years but it will happen. and it's down to Chargers, Raiders and Rams. BUT she said they want a hot handed team doing well. could it be the...

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Then why do the Titans wear the old Oiler unis when they do their "retro throwback" days?

Meh, I think it's more of a publicity stunt. I mean yes, they are technically still the Oilers, but you don't remember them for that. Plus, they don't have a throw back uniform to wear. Because they've had the same ones since they became a team.

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
Our logo could be this;

wal-mart-smiley.jpg
When life is hard, I pick up that card, with the smiley face!

mrniceguy-434.jpg

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
I always taught STL Savages had an amazing ring to it.

River Cats would be awesaone

I love our logo, though. I would still be a fan.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
No, the name leaves, I leave. Won't ever happen, but yeah, I wouldn't be able to root for them anymore.
I'd find another Team to root for, or just quit watching all-together!( But after 63 years the idea would probably kill me!! (n) (n) (n) (n)

reggae

Imagine...

Sitting in his office in stately Kroenke Manor perched high atop Mt. Wal-Mart, Rams owner Stan Kroenke has an idea that hits him like a fastball off the the head of his namesake.

The Rams have been mediocre for so long, maybe what we need is a change…
OF NAME!

From now on the Rams will be known as the Stallions. Or the Pilots. Or the SuperStars!
The colors will be the same. The history will be the same. The only difference will be the name.

Are the former Rams (TFKAR for short) still your team?
How about the just move to LA? What then?

Cullen Bryant

Rookie
Name
Will
I've been an LA/STL Rams fan my whole life, I'm a Rams fan not an organization fan. Owners, management and players come and go but the Rams are who I'm a fan of. If they changed the name and uniform then the Rams would be history and I would no longer have a favorite team. I would eventually become a fan of whatever team moved to LA. I would also be very pissed.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
Horns gone, name gone, I'm gone.

BTW , Mt . WalMart was untrue. SK was a billionaire in his own right prior to hooking up with Ms Walton.

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
As a St Louisan, I am happy we didn't get the proposed expansion team now known known as the jags mainly because of that queer name "the stallions" and purple colors as proposed. The purple stallions?!?! Seriosly?!? You actually are positing a world where the Rams with perhaps the best unis in the NFL (first to have decorated helmets, btw) turn into the purple stallions. Sorry, no. As a St Louisan I might just quit them if Stan decides to do that.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
Whatever team is in St Louis, that's my team. Name doesn't really matter to me.

Oldgeek

I'm old and can't wait another 20 years for a SB W
Name
Steve
Flaming thumbtacks has to be the worst logo around. It looks like a 6th grade design contest winner.
I'd be okay with the St Louis Moles. They are fearsome creatures that have destroyed my yard this summer.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Has a real Arena Football feel to it.

Sorry. No horns - no longer my Rams. I couldn't do it.

That's how I felt thankfully the name moved with the Rams unlike the Cleveland Browns who kept their name and thus when the team moved to Baltimore they became the Ravens because of Edgar Allan Poe of course.

The St. Louis Stallions was going to be the name of the St. Louis franchise if they were granted a franchise back in 1992, however, the NFL opted for Carolina & Jacksonville.

MerlinJones

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Horns gone, name gone, I'm gone.

BTW , Mt . WalMart was untrue. SK was a billionaire in his own right prior to hooking up with Ms Walton.

Mt. Wal-Mart didn't have anything to do with where ESK's money came from.

The Walton heirs do, in fact, own a massive, military-like mountain facility (along with the mountain) in Colorado where they can hole up when the world comes to an end.

It just so happens it's also a lovely spot for a stately manor.