What I'd like to see vs Tampa

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Obviously what really matters is a win, no matter how ugly it may be. But overall I am at the point where I just want to see improvement, baby steps so to speak...

1. Better OL play. This needs to be the basis of any resurgence by this team. The OL was a big disappointment to me in the opener, seemed like they regressed and hopefully it is something Coach Bou will get them past quickly. They can't be turnstiling the DL and letting them blow up the running game. Need to see some consistent push and guys making their blocks in the running game, that is critical in my estimation.

2. Davis raising the bar. If the OL gets the running game going, all Davis has to do is move that ball around quick off of the play action. Key I am looking for from him is getting rid of it fast, and not turning it over. Not gonna get all crazy and look for deep ball accuracy, or him having a big game. Just spread the ball around quickly and avoid putting our defense in a bad spot.

3. Defensive improvement. This defense can't give up points in the high 20s. Even the high teens in points allowed may be a loss while this offense is trying to find its way following the loss of Bradford. I have enormous faith in GW, and I know he's going to give this team a ridiculously good defense at some point, just don't know how long it's gonna take him. For now, they just have to keep those points allowed down, and if they can set our sorry offense up with a short field that would be even better.

So if they do the above, we should see a game where at least the Rams don't get blown out. I really don't know if I can stomach another lopsided loss. Here's hoping if it is lopsided it's in our favor.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I fear he will start, yes. Even if Hill gets the start, I have little faith he will play most of the game.