What happened with Rob Ryan?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

PrometheusFaulk

Starter
I know there were some difficulties with the scheme (4-3 vs 3-4), can you offer any specifics about what was learned during that period where he was meeting with Fisher that led to thinking he wouldn't be a fit?

kdemoff

UDFA
I know we are thrilled to have Coach Walton as our defensive coordinator. We had pursued Tim for two years and he is a bright up and coming coach who will work with our entire defense to make it better while keeping elements of the "Fisher" defense that made us so difficult to play last year.

As for Coach Ryan, to be honest, I think it was a scenario where Rob was very excited about the future of the organization and working with our other coaches, but after spending some time with the group and seeing if he would be a good fit, there was some apprehension by both parties about whether this was the best fit for him or whether he wanted to remain in a 3-4. I give credit to both sides for realizing each side may be better off going in a different direction rather than to be bullheaded and try to make a situation work just for appearances sake.

KD