What Eagles Fans Are Saying

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
I agree that we should be cordial. Welcome Joey. Our teams have not played in quite some time and we have had some very meaningful epic battles in the past. As for this year a lot remains to be seen with both teams in a bit of a rebuilding phase with the Eagles O looking like it has the makings of some excitement once the OL puts it together. I think this weeks matchup will be won in the trenches with our D trying to keep your OL from establishing the run. We will see what happens.GL

joeyknish

UDFA
Easy does it guys. We welcome fans from other teams and joeybuttafuco, sorry knish :sneaky: is welcome here if he plays by the rules, and so far he is.

Btw some of us here have accounts on other NFL teams' sites for the purpose of having a discussion on upcoming games. No trolling, just discussion.

Thank you, Prime Time.

joeyknish

UDFA
I agree that we should be cordial. Welcome Joey. Our teams have not played in quite some time and we have had some very meaningful epic battles in the past. As for this year a lot remains to be seen with both teams in a bit of a rebuilding phase with the Eagles O looking like it has the makings of some excitement once the OL putsvit together. I think this weeks matchup will be one in the trenches with our D trying to keep your OL from establishing the run. We will see what happens.GL

I still have nightmares of Donovan heaving that interception against the Greatest Show on Turf, at what should have been his finest hour.

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
I hope your only experience wasn't Genos?
That is my frame of reference. I'll admit, that growing up on the Hill, I'm a bit biased, but nothing beats the Italian roast beef at Gioia's, especially the hot salami duo, though that goes way outside the theme.

Heck, I usually just make my own beef when I'm feeling all boujie on the matter, and no one can do the onions and peppers like my wife.

People have no idea how something can actually be improved upon until they at least attempt to cook it for themselves in my opinion.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
Yeah we have all been on the wrong side of those type of plays. I feel ya. I like these sort of threads. Passionate rational talk about the sport we love. We have a motto here attack the topic not the poster. Argue and make your points with class. If ever in Philly I will certainly try me some cheesesteak. I would love to see a great game on Sunday.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I want to discuss the game. If you any of you guys can keep it to that, I would welcome responses.

I'll bite (sorry too many food references), what do you see as the biggest worry for the Eagles in this game and going forward. Many have said, well Warren Sapp says, the fastest adapting organism on earth is an NFL defense, and I agree, but will add it's the coaches that adapt. Seems as if Chip's time is up, as in, no surprises, and trying to make a elite QB outta Nick Foles is gonna bite him in the ass. I remember Foles from college, he's tough, but as soon as he gets hit, his passes lose some accuracy. Not a bad trait, lots of QB's start to shart their pants, see Brady last night. But it seems as if the offense is having some hiccups if they don't run the ball well. Losing D-Jax has got to hurt. I still think you have a good line, but it's based on speed/athleticism not power. Hard to win in the NFL with that. You have to scheme every little thing...
You defense remains a Chip weakness from college. Much like the offense, all speed based, and while I like this concept, the speed isn't in the secondary where it is most needed. When will the short comings be addressed?
The Rams are a power based team. Our O-Line starts 4 players over 330 lbs. Physical...In your face...With play-action mixed in. Our recievers are big, powerful types (Quick, Britt, Cook, Kendricks) with a power back. See where I'm going? We beat teams down physically. We just need to limit mistakes.....Your thoughts.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
@joeyknish I know you're counting on a W come Sunday, bur realistically do you think your D can keep you in the game? We are built to run the ball and our 3rd string QB has been surprisingly effective. I have only seen your iggles play once (the SF game) so I'm leaning more heavily on stats than I normally like to but in 4 games I think it is safe to say that if you don't put up 30+ your chances are slim. I don't see that happening with your OL matching up poorly against our DL.

AZRamsFan93

I still have nightmares of Donovan heaving that interception against the Greatest Show on Turf, at what should have been his finest hour.
Donovan used to live 2 doors from me here in AZ (he moved but still owns the house). He is a really nice guy. I would like to have thanked him for that wonderful pick, but he is way bigger than me.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

I still have nightmare's of hearing Donovan's 'Mellow Yellow' for the first time. "Electrical banana" indeed. :banana::banana::banana:

joeyknish

UDFA
@joeyknish I know you're counting on a W come Sunday, bur realistically do you think your D can keep you in the game? We are built to run the ball and our 3rd string QB has been surprisingly effective. I have only seen your iggles play once (the SF game) so I'm leaning more heavily on stats than I normally like to but in 4 games I think it is safe to say that if you don't put up 30+ your chances are slim. I don't see that happening with your OL matching up poorly against our DL.

No. I have not had any faith that this D can carry the Eagles to a win, but they have shown a knack for opportunistic plays (like Malcolm Jenkins with three straight games with picks). And the special teams have been lights out, so far. I don't know when I have been able to say that.

joeyknish

UDFA
Donovan used to live 2 doors from me here in AZ (he moved but still owns the house). He is a really nice guy. I would like to have thanked him for that wonderful pick, but he is way bigger than me.

He is without question the best quarterback to have played for the Eagles, but he also had a penchant for throwing the choke-job pick at the highest levels.

And good call!

RamzFanz

Damnit
The Eagles are a bottom tier pass defense and that's gonna be the Rams' biggest opportunity. With the emergence of Quick, the addition of Britt, the return of TA and Bailey, and the Cookie Monster, the Rams could go absolutely nuts passing. Of course, that begs the question if Hill is able to do that if he starts. I'm very confident he can. If he can't, I hope the Fish yanks him without hesitation as I'm SURE AD can in this particular game.

Of course, the Eagles are also in the bottom tier of rush defenders so Zac Attack could have a monster game if they DON'T STOP RUNNING HIM WHEN IT'S WORKING! Sorry, a little frustrated.

If there is going to be an emergence of the run defense for the Rams, this better be the game. If not, they are going to have to score a LOT to win. For the most part, they are just a few plays away from being good but those few big plays lose games.

With the secondary playing pretty well and the pass rush creating pressure, I'm sure we can count on N Foles coughing up a few.

joeyknish

UDFA
That is my frame of reference. I'll admit, that growing up on the Hill, I'm a bit biased, but nothing beats the Italian roast beef at Gioia's, especially the hot salami duo, though that goes way outside the theme.

Heck, I usually just make my own beef when I'm feeling all boujie on the matter, and no one can do the onions and peppers like my wife.

People have no idea how something can actually be improved upon until they at least attempt to cook it for themselves in my opinion.

Yes, but good quality products are essential to make it at home.

I will put Gioia's on the places to try.

Last edited:

joeyknish

UDFA
I'll bite (sorry too many food references), what do you see as the biggest worry for the Eagles in this game and going forward. Many have said, well Warren Sapp says, the fastest adapting organism on earth is an NFL defense, and I agree, but will add it's the coaches that adapt. Seems as if Chip's time is up, as in, no surprises, and trying to make a elite QB outta Nick Foles is gonna bite him in the ass. I remember Foles from college, he's tough, but as soon as he gets hit, his passes lose some accuracy. Not a bad trait, lots of QB's start to shart their pants, see Brady last night. But it seems as if the offense is having some hiccups if they don't run the ball well. Losing D-Jax has got to hurt. I still think you have a good line, but it's based on speed/athleticism not power. Hard to win in the NFL with that. You have to scheme every little thing...
You defense remains a Chip weakness from college. Much like the offense, all speed based, and while I like this concept, the speed isn't in the secondary where it is most needed. When will the short comings be addressed?
The Rams are a power based team. Our O-Line starts 4 players over 330 lbs. Physical...In your face...With play-action mixed in. Our recievers are big, powerful types (Quick, Britt, Cook, Kendricks) with a power back. See where I'm going? We beat teams down physically. We just need to limit mistakes.....Your thoughts.

I'm not going to lie that this sounds like the type of offense with which the Eagles struggle.

I can't blame Chip for this defense yet. Andy left him with slop on defense, in addition to much of the talent on offense.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
No. I have not had any faith that this D can carry the Eagles to a win, but they have shown a knack for opportunistic plays (like Malcolm Jenkins with three straight games with picks). And the special teams have been lights out, so far. I don't know when I have been able to say that.

Don't expect Sproles to be as effective against us. We have two of the most effective kickers in the game right now. Hekker moonshots the ball, and our coverage team is shaping up. Greg Zuerlein will be kicking out of the end zone.

LetsGoRams

Pro Bowler
Name
Thrasher
I'll put a vote in for Gioia's. They actually have a food truck that comes downtown now, so it's really easy to get a hot salami at lunch! Never been to Philly, but definitely want to go and try a good philly cheesesteak. My wife went to culinary school, so we always try to re-create things we've tried at restaurants at home - and she usually beats 'em every time! But yes, it's expensive, because you have to get tons of ingredients to re-create something that these restaurants typically always have on hand.

Back to the game - I think this is the week our D-line breaks out. They've been too damn quiet and they are too damn good to be sitting on one sack. I look for Donald, Quinn, Hayes, Brockers to be incredibly disruptive this Sunday. If we can eliminate the stupid mistakes / penalties, and the refs aren't wearing green on Sunday, I seriously think we go in and win the game.

joeyknish

UDFA
Don't expect Sproles to be as effective against us. We have two of the most effective kickers in the game right now. Hekker moonshots the ball, and our coverage team is shaping up. Greg Zuerlein will be kicking out of the end zone.

That's a relief then. ;-)

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I'll put a vote in for Gioia's. They actually have a food truck that comes downtown now, so it's really easy to get a hot salami at lunch! Never been to Philly, but definitely want to go and try a good philly cheesesteak. My wife went to culinary school, so we always try to re-create things we've tried at restaurants at home - and she usually beats 'em every time! But yes, it's expensive, because you have to get tons of ingredients to re-create something that these restaurants typically always have on hand.
No. noo! why stop...why, WHY!?!
I'm hungry!!!!