What Cowboys Fans Are Saying

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
3 poor teams we've faced/going to face, three fan bases talking as if the they're the SB champs. What was Dallas, 8-8? Fearsome. They got us good last year yes, but we were a better team last year over the last 8 games.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
I think if the d stays disciplined and swarms to the ball it will greatly help the run d. I also think Dunbar,McDonald, and Brockers need to have great games.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Unfortunately the Cowboys offensive line is one of the few that may not need as much help from a blocking TE.

http://boards.dallascowboys.com/topic/38472-our-o-line-was-supposed-to-be-so-improved/

Our O-line was supposed to be so improved.......

Tony couldn't get the ball snapped to him before the Titans were in his face in the first half. They better figure out their problems before we wind up starting Weeden because they got Tony killed.
-----------
I have the best solution.........don't pass, keep running it. A six minute drive to close out the game yesterday and Romo I don't think threw it once. They would probably be be 2-0 if they just stuck with the run in week 1.
----------
It is improved. Didnt you notice the new smash mouth syle of running game. It's ur QB which isnt improved:)
-----------
Free is the weak link on the line...he would have more success if he just fell on the ground once the ball was snapped, atleast the defender would have to jump over him then instead of a one handed shove that spins him around a few times
----------
We have 3 really good OL's, and two subpar ones. We desperately need a dominant OG or RT, pending where Martin ends up, though I truly believe he was taken to replace Free next year.
----------
They need to improve greatly in pass protection. We also need to call less plays that take 3 seconds to develop and get the ball out quickly.
-----------
They have improved and let's not forget to look at both sides of this. The Titans have a decent pass rush. That's no excuse for how badly they got beat at times, but I'm not about to say they have regressed or underacheived with the way we've been running the ball down people's throats through 2 games. The pass protection could certainly be better, but Romo could certainly get rid of the ball faster too (on some of them anyways).
----------
The O-Line run blocking is fine which is to be expected, that's the thing that a young O-Line will do well first. Now we need D. Free to get his pass blocking together because as solid as we've been running the ball, it's a matter of time before teams start stacking the box and forcing Romo to make plays with his arm and mobility which is not up to par just yet.
-----------
I saw several sacks where our QB was hit before he even finished his drop. It isn't all on him, Free and Leary completely missed several blocks.
----------
There's more to blocking than pass protection. The run blocking was outstanding.
Doug Free, will be the death of Tony Romo.
----------
Who needs pass protection when you run the ball like we just did?
-----------
our line is not good enough where a team can stack the box with 8-9 and we can still run..SOMEBODY'S gotta stop the pass rushers but then again.... we still have doug free so..um yeah
-----------
Quarterbacks are getting blasted all over the league. Protection problems abound.
Plus, those are two really good defensive fronts Dallas has faced so far.
-----------
Had a few issues with pass blocking, but the run blocking the last 2 weeks has been tremendous. Frederick and Martin are still learning so I think they will start picking up the interior rush better as time goes on. If that happens then Free's moments of weakness won't be as much of a problem because it's easier for Romo to step away from a pass rush from one spot than when it is coming from several angles.
----------
Dallas needs to sign a blocking tight end to help Free. I hate using Witten that way, but they don't have much choice.
----------
I don't know if the blocking was really all that bad. Romo just seemed to be unwilling or unable (take your pick) to move around much at times. This is the NFL. QBs are generally not just going to be able to drop back 5-7 steps and just stand there surveying the field. He has to be able to slide left or right, step up in the pocket or just flat out run out of trouble from time to time. It seems Romo's back isn't letting him do that. He was clearly hurting for much of the game yesterday but it seemed like once the vicadin kicked in he was at least able to throw it mostly on target and move around just enough.
----------
Yes Free got abused a few times there in that first half.. but the fact remains that pre-back-surgery Romo makes that guy whiff and turns it into a big play while post-back-surgery Romo looks for a soft place to lay down. It's entirely possible that it's mental with him.. Maybe he's scared to torque his back because that's how he hurt it last year. Nonetheless, if he doesn't get that escapability back he's not going to be anywhere near as good a QB. Point blank.
----------
free does not have good footwork. he is a continual work in progress in this respect. he also needs to learn to flex his knees and quit letting defenders get underneath him, reducing his leverage. on the plus side, frank pollack is one of the best 0-line coaches in the game. we are lucky to have him.
---------
I have been saying for a couple weeks now Doug free is going to need to get Tony Romo a power wheelchair if he don't pick it up! I did notice one sack was On Jason Witten.
----------
Set Doug free.

Sign Incognito.

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick
It's funny to me that none of the comments by the Cowgirls fans mentioned their defense. I think their offense could very well have success, but they're completely leaving out the fact that their D is quite suspect. I think if our O can turn some of our FG drives into TDs this week that we have a chance. IMO we should score 24+ to beat Dallas. And I think it's possible. They lost Ware, Ratliff, Hatcher, Lee and Claiborne and Carr have underperformed since coming to Dallas. I also think we can have success on the ground, and without Lee (who's a good cover LB) I think Cookie could have a nice day.

I think we play Murray similarly to the way we played AP week 1. Bring TJ down near the box to help limit his yardage at times. IMO we should shade Jenks to Dez's side of the field bc I prefer that matchup to having EJ cover Dez

AZRamsFan93

If we play run defense like the first 2 games we are in big trouble. Something has to change and quickly!

JohnnyTX

UDFA
It's funny to me that none of the comments by the Cowgirls fans mentioned their defense. I think their offense could very well have success, but they're completely leaving out the fact that their D is quite suspect. I think if our O can turn some of our FG drives into TDs this week that we have a chance. IMO we should score 24+ to beat Dallas. And I think it's possible. They lost Ware, Ratliff, Hatcher, Lee and Claiborne and Carr have underperformed since coming to Dallas. I also think we can have success on the ground, and without Lee (who's a good cover LB) I think Cookie could have a nice day.

I think we play Murray similarly to the way we played AP week 1. Bring TJ down near the box to help limit his yardage at times. IMO we should shade Jenks to Dez's side of the field bc I prefer that matchup to having EJ cover Dez
Cowboys defensively are ranked 12th overall right now. 5 spots ahead of the Rams. The defense has definitely been a surprise.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
Something suspicious about JohhnyTX......

nope, can't put my finger on it.:)

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
If you lock down Dez, Demarco is literally all they have left. If Janoris locks him down, it opens the door to stack the box.
Last year Callahan knew how Waufle coached techniques and had his guys grab the triceps of our guys and ioutcoached Waufle. That won't happend again . . .Wale will be prepared and Rams will get off the blocks and make tackles.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I really want this to be the week that the defense we're all expecting shows up. Would love for those guys to eat their words. And being Cowboys fans, the sky will be falling if they lose to the Rams.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
I guess I don't get the disappointment. We're near the middle of the pack in team defense after two games in a new defensive scheme. Had the offense carried their weight in week one we'd be even better.

I can't speak for the poster to whom you were responding, but I am disappointed in our 30th ranked run defense. We did OK against AP but got gashed by Patterson, and then the next week got gashed by Rainey. We've got to get back to where we were in the latter half of last season.

Happy with the pass defense despite the lack of sacks, as it is clear from the way our first two opponents are playing us that they are sticking with shorter, quicker passes and massive amounts of offensive holding to negate our pass rush. And particularly happy with the secondary, which has kept things in front of them and not given up huge YAC.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
Quite frankly with this talent after weeks against average teams I expected at the very least a top 10 defense. 30th in any catagory is a failure at this point. I'm optimistic that we turn that around.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Cowboys defensively are ranked 12th overall right now. 5 spots ahead of the Rams. The defense has definitely been a surprise.

It's also only been two weeks. And the first week, they gave up 28 points. Their rush defense gave up 116 yards on 23 carries(5.0 ypc) to Hyde and Gore and 73 yards on 11 carries(6.6 YPC) to Greene, McCluster and Sankey.

The Cowboys can be run on. The Rams just need to keep from falling behind early.

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
"Every year we hear how the Rams have all this talent and this is the year they make noise. And every year they are the exact opposite."

REALLY? REALLY? coming from a Cowboys fan?? rocks in glass house man. dumbass

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=112&f=1786&t=13154747

Rams game wont be easy

Titans dline was all over Romo and the Rams Dline is much better.
-------------
No game is easy. As for the Rams front 7, it's proven overrated so far. Bobby Rainey gashed it for 150 yards and Matt Cassel picked the Rams D apart in Week 1.

As long as our O avoids turnovers, we will be good.
-----------
Dmarc has had his BEST games against the Rams, and him and the oline are better now!!! If they blitz than we counter with screens and draws! I dont fear the Rams. Kinda wish Sam was activated for this game
tongue.gif

-----------
I echo that NO game is gonna be easy for us on the schedule - we just cannot have this Rams will be a cake walk mentality.

I don't expect Romo to have it any easier but the best thing to avoid your QB from getting hit is to keep the game close enough to run the ball. Keep him out of those long yardage situation as much as possible.

i'll trust Tyron Smith going up against Quinn, but Free needs to handle himself -even if it's not Chris Long

Also it's a dome stadium that will get LOUD !! - especially since the Cowboys are visiting.

So snap count and signal communication is likely to be a big hassle.
------------
I doubt the bolded part. I live in the Saint Louis area and it seems everyone around here is a fair weather fan. I wouldn't be surprised if we see the same thing as we saw at the Titans stadium. Everyone here is still wrapped up in baseball.
------------
Stopping the run and running the ball will be key. Quinn and Brockers are monsters upfront. They will be a true test to the o-line. And Zac Stacy is a tough between the tackles power back. We're going to have to contain him and make their QB try to beat us.
-----------
frabz-So-you-dont-like-this-Rams-will-be-a-cake-walk-mentality-OK-then-66ecdb.jpg

------------
We should beat them if we win the turnover battle.
-------------
How do teams not just stack the box and blitz over Free every play?
------------
I see that too. It was usually SOP to run a draw to the side of an OLB / DE that just sacked your QB or stuffed your RB in the back field. They almost always gear up and bull rush the next play and you are guaranteed a runner at the next level.

We used to pull the shovel pass out as well.
-----------
I am calling this one already. It is an easy win. Put it in the W column and lets start talking about the Saints.
----------
on the road. It will be a tough game
---------
We are going to blow them out in a rout.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les

Romo still hasn't gotten it going yet and against the Rams front four he isn't going to have a "get well" game. The defense being decent is for sure a surprise for your team but the O isn't as advertised yet.

iced

I'm not confident we win this one - while our defense is more than capable and pretty dam good, this team constantly shoots itself in the foot with penalties...and this is one of those match ups where i don't think we can keep up - they have an offense and no d, but i wonder how much Davis can put up. He's gonna have to shoulder some load this sunday

cowboys123

It's also only been two weeks. And the first week, they gave up 28 points. Their rush defense gave up 116 yards on 23 carries(5.0 ypc) to Hyde and Gore and 73 yards on 11 carries(6.6 YPC) to Greene, McCluster and Sankey.

The Cowboys can be run on. The Rams just need to keep from falling behind early.

14 of the 28 were offense giving up turnovers for TDs. So really 24 points in 2 games.