What Chiefs Fans Are Saying

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Sorry if I offend some people with this comment but...can we get rid of the contraction "y'all"?
Keep-calm-and-say-y-all.png

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I was just being a sarcastic sh!thead.

Then you'll fit right in here at ROD. :)

If the Chiefs team is as pathetic, limp and lifeless as their fan boards we shall win easily. One site has posts from the 16th as the latest posts in a thread.

Exactly. It's been tough this week trying to find any comments worth posting. I even signed up for their main board Chiefs Planet which only allows access to members but they still won't allow me in.

jjab360

Legend
Chiefs fans are really full of themselves apparently, can't wait to bring these assholes down a notch or two on Sunday.

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
@WoodsideRam Try using another even more annoying plural of you all the time such as "You-uns Guys".

http://mentalfloss.com/article/12916/yall-youse-8-english-ways-make-you-plural

1. Y'all
Used primarily in the Southern US, this is a shortening of the phrase "you all," which is also used in its full form as a plural address. It may have been introduced to America by Ulster Scots immigrants who used the phrase "ye aw." Y'all also has a possessive form, as in, "How was y'all's day?"
2. Yinz
This one is a hallmark of the dialect known as "Pittsburghese." People who speak this dialect are referred to as "yinzers."
3. You-uns
Yinz originates from this form, also used in the Ohio River Valley around Pittsburgh. It's a shortening of "you ones," a usage that goes as far back as Chaucer.
4. You Guys
In the parts of the U.S. where they don't use "y'all," they use "you guys" instead, as shown on the map above.
5. You Lot
The "you guys" of Britain.
6. Yous/Youse
This one is found all over the English-speaking world, from Ireland to South Africa, to New Zealand, to New Jersey. It makes a lot of sense. How do you make something plural? Add an 's'!
7. Ye
When English had a plural form back in the Renaissance, this was it. It is still used in Ireland.
8. Super Plurals
Sometimes a plural is simply not plural enough. That's when it's time to pull out "yees," "all y'all," and "youse guys."

My Addition: You People

Last edited:

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Sorry if I offend some people with this comment but...can we get rid of the contraction "y'all"?

What?! Y'all have some kinda problems with Southern Boys?! Once I'm done tendin ma still and wrastlin some gators for dinner, I'mma gonna wup yer Yankee Ass!

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
@WoodsideRam If you are really a Yank living down South here is a good joke that will make you real popular with your co-workers....after they think about it for a while.

'Why can't they ever solve murders in (name the state you are located in, or your workmate hails from)?

Because there aren't any dental records and all the DNA is the same!':D

dbrooks25

Pro Bowler
Like I said before, we're talking about fans and team analysts (amateurs at at that) who hardly pay attention to any team outside of their division so I'm not surprised at all about their perception of the Rams. They just look at box scores and think they know who this team is? Weak defense? Yeah, we have some problems, but weak? Nope, try again. I really don't get the downplay of our offense at all. If they paid attention, there hasn't been a team out there capable of really shutting our offense down since Tampa game and the only team that has truly stopped the Rams was the Rams with the stupid penalties and mistakes. That's ok, because I think the team will put together a complete game on Sunday. If they do that, then KC doesn't have a chance. They're a one trick pony with their running backs. Take them away and the Chiefs are in deep shit.

woofwoofmo

65 Toss Power Trap
As a KC resident, I can tell you this game is getting less attention than any Chiefs game in recent memory. The town is bleeding blue right now and most people are only using the football game as the opening act to the main attraction Game 3 of the World Series. I'm looking for a little more subdued crowd as there are a lot of us who don't have much of a voice left after last Tuesday and/or Wednesday. Rams may be catching the KC fan base at a good time.

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick
http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/145838/nfl-nation-week-8-game-predictions

Nick Wagoner
: The Chiefs have one of the best outside running games in the league (fourth in yards per carry outside the tackles at 5.96), while the Rams are the worst in the league at defending the perimeter allowing 8.15 yards per attempt. Further complicating matters is a Rams offensive line that has protected quarterback Austin Davis well against lesser pass rushes but has yet to see a pass rush as good as Kansas City's, which ranks third in the league in sacks per pass attempt. Adding the Arrowhead advantage to the mix makes this too much for the Rams to overcome. Chiefs 27, Rams 17

Adam Teicher: The Chiefs gave a large workload to Jamaal Charles and Knile Davis in last week's win over San Diego. That allowed the Chiefs to have a huge edge in time of possession, something Andy Reid and any head coach would like. The Chiefs are eighth in the league in yards per carry (4.53), while the Rams allow a generous 4.75 yards per carry, which is 28th. The ingredients are there for a big game for Charles and Davis -- and for Reid's team to have another sizable advantage in time of possession and the Chiefs to win another game. Chiefs 24, Rams 17

As much as "experts" want to bash our run D for being near the bottom in the league in most run defense categories, imo they are short sited. Our real issue is defending the running QB (Wilson, Kaep) & one bad game defending Patterson (3 for 102).

So yeah we've given up 183 carries for 870 yards for 4.8 ypc and 5 TD, BUT if you remove non-RBs we've fared much better. In fact an entire YARD better.

Conversely we've allowed RBs 158 carries for 595 yards for 3.7 ypc and 1 TD. And that's facing AP, Murray, McCoy, Gore, & Lynch!

I agree we need to clean up the perimeter, but I think our boys will be up to the task (calling Ogletree). Jamal Charles is at the top of the defenses priority list on Sunday, and for the most part, we've done well limiting teams #1 offensive threat this year (AP, VJax, Bryant, McCoy, Gore/Davis, Lynch).

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
Well, then I'm sorry, but we can't communicate. :)

Just kidding man. It's not the phrase, it's the person it brings to mind when I read or hear it being used. I was just being a sarcastic sh!thead.

Also, there is no need for the "censorship" (hahaha) with the exclamation. Just type it.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/145838/nfl-nation-week-8-game-predictions

Nick Wagoner
: The Chiefs have one of the best outside running games in the league (fourth in yards per carry outside the tackles at 5.96), while the Rams are the worst in the league at defending the perimeter allowing 8.15 yards per attempt. Further complicating matters is a Rams offensive line that has protected quarterback Austin Davis well against lesser pass rushes but has yet to see a pass rush as good as Kansas City's, which ranks third in the league in sacks per pass attempt. Adding the Arrowhead advantage to the mix makes this too much for the Rams to overcome. Chiefs 27, Rams 17

Adam Teicher: The Chiefs gave a large workload to Jamaal Charles and Knile Davis in last week's win over San Diego. That allowed the Chiefs to have a huge edge in time of possession, something Andy Reid and any head coach would like. The Chiefs are eighth in the league in yards per carry (4.53), while the Rams allow a generous 4.75 yards per carry, which is 28th. The ingredients are there for a big game for Charles and Davis -- and for Reid's team to have another sizable advantage in time of possession and the Chiefs to win another game. Chiefs 24, Rams 17

As much as "experts" want to bash our run D for being near the bottom in the league in most run defense categories, imo they are short sited. Our real issue is defending the running QB (Wilson, Kaep) & one bad game defending Patterson (3 for 102).

So yeah we've given up 183 carries for 870 yards for 4.8 ypc and 5 TD, BUT if you remove non-RBs we've fared much better. In fact an entire YARD better.

Conversely we've allowed RBs 158 carries for 595 yards for 3.7 ypc and 1 TD. And that's facing AP, Murray, McCoy, Gore, & Lynch!

I agree we need to clean up the perimeter, but I think our boys will be up to the task (calling Ogletree). Jamal Charles is at the top of the defenses priority list on Sunday, and for the most part, we've done well limiting teams #1 offensive threat this year (AP, VJax, Bryant, McCoy, Gore/Davis, Lynch).

100% correct

And Smith doesn't out run our D like Wilson did.

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
As a KC resident, I can tell you this game is getting less attention than any Chiefs game in recent memory. The town is bleeding blue right now and most people are only using the football game as the opening act to the main attraction Game 3 of the World Series. I'm looking for a little more subdued crowd as there are a lot of us who don't have much of a voice left after last Tuesday and/or Wednesday. Rams may be catching the KC fan base at a good time.

Obviously, that means that KC is now a baseball town and the Chiefs should look into moving immediately!

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=287631&page=6

Let's talk about the Rams

http://www.walterfootball.com/nflpicks2014_08early.php

ST. LOUIS OFFENSE: Everyone is saying the Rams had such a garbage win against the Seahawks. While it's true that they had three fantastic special-teams plays to help them achieve victory - not to mention, the shadiest officiating moment of the year, which coincidentally occurred in a game in which 85 percent of the action was on the loser - the fact remains that they moved the chains very effectively throughout the afternoon.

Austin Davis did a good job of rebounding from a poor Monday night outing, but his supporting cast needs to be given even more credit. Tre Mason allows the Rams to have a legitimate threat out of the backfield, as he possesses the burst that Zac Stacy lacks. Mason ran all over the Seahawks, and he should have similar success against a Kansas City squad that is just 30th against the rush (5.14 YPC).

Having Greg Robinson in the lineup has also helped Davis. The Rams have issues with their interior blocking, but Robinson has been a tremendous upgrade over Davin Joseph. Davis, as a consequence, was barely even touched against the Seahawks. This bodes well for Davis, although the Chiefs do have a better pass rush.

KANSAS CITY OFFENSE: The Rams' defense also looked better against the Seahawks. Though Russell Wilson generated a ton of yardage, St. Louis did a great job of pressuring him. The difference was first-rounder Aaron Donald, who had a monstrous performance. Donald barely played prior to the Monday night affair, for some strange reason, but Jeff Fisher is finally using his talented rookie, and it's paying off.

The Chiefs don't have the best offensive line, so like Wilson, Alex Smith will constantly be running for his life. Smith will be able to convert first downs with his legs, as he usually does, and when he actually has time in the pocket, I like his chances to connect with his weapons against a back seven that still has major issues.

Of course, Kansas City's offense will operate through Jamaal Charles - assuming Andy Reid doesn't forget about his talented runner again. Charles will find it difficult to pound the ball against the Rams, who are 10th against ground attacks (3.77 YPC), but as long as he gets catches of the backfield, he'll do damage as a receiver.

RECAP: I wanted to bet against both teams this week, as the Rams and Chiefs are in classic fade spots. Both are coming off very emotional victories. Teams that beat Super Bowl champions as underdogs have a poor track record of covering, but then again, so does Reid in the role of a large favorite (get it, large favorite?). Reid also stinks two weeks after his bye because he spends so much time preparing for that first game.

I don't have much of a feel for this contest, but with a gun to my head, I'll fade the public and pick the Rams.

Week 8 NFL Pick: Chiefs 26, Rams 20
---------
For the record, that's the first time I've picked us to win all year.

Be afraid.
---------
They have a shit defense and Austin Davis.

If I don't think the Chiefs can win this game I am not a Chiefs fan.
--------
Denver has to be made look great. Seattle has to be made look bad.

Rams get the win.
---------
Got a bad feeling about this game. They've got a good dl.
---------
Fisher is going to have his hands full with Quinn.
---------
I honestly think we're fine. So long as the team doesn't fall asleep on the Rams, they should win.

The Rams can't stop our passing game, and they have a good run defense, but the Chiefs can run on anyone.

The Rams offense worries me a tad because they have a strong ground game. But Sutton has an excellent track record with up-and-coming backup QBs -- he had excellent gameplans for them all last year.
---------
Their defensive line is terrifying. Donald is a force and Quinn is quinn.
---------
Reid's game plan better consistent of short, quick passes and misdirection runs. I would like to see Albert Wilson and DAT see some more touches also to counter the young speed of the Rams.

This is a game Smith can lose for you if Reid has a bad plan and calls a bad game because of the Rams D. But if they are on their A game they could control this one also. Just don't let them think they have a chance.
---------
1. The Rams pass defense, for the most part, is OK. Not scared about the Chiefs WRs. If the Chiefs are going to win, it's going to have to be by Smith exploiting the middle of the field and Charles/Davis running.

2. Davis isn't an ordinary backup. I think his play has shown that.

3. I think anyone who is thinking this game will be a blowout one way or the other is wrong. The Rams, as a team, have scored 19, 31, 17, and 28 points with Davis as the starter. The WR corps is finally playing well.
---------
Re: Your comment about McLeod. I think he's a good tackler, might be lacking terms of coverage and run stopping. I like him, though, while I know other Rams fans want him either not starting or off the team completely. McDonald is a much better hitter and better at stuffing the run. E.J. Gaines, aside from the DL's lack of sacks, is the real surprise of the Rams defense. He's played exceptionally well for a 6th round rookie CB.

Offensively, the Rams are playing fine. The OL is above average. I think Robinson starting at LG and Saffold moving to RG has made a huge difference. Weakness on the OL might be Long(occasionally in pass protection) or Wells(above average center, lacks ideal strength).

ST, last week was probably the best ST game of the season. Aside from that, Hekker's one of the best punters in the league. KR has left much to be desired. Legatron is weird. Most of his kicks, if he misses, go wide left. Last week, his kick went wide right. I trust him, but it seems like he goes through tough stretches.
---------
Davis is a regular one read backup. Pressure him and he'll fold up
---------
Not really. He's able to make his reads. If pressure is coming, he'll get the pass off usually.
---------
It's funny because only 1 team-the ****ing Vikings- has beaten the Rams by 20+.
----------
We get raped by TEs. Expect Jared Cook and Lance Kendricks to have more than a few big catches.
---------
That Cook guy is a manster, no doubt.

He's one of those guys you can be perfect in scheme with and he'll still bring it down in traffic somehow.

Him and all the rest are much better than they get credit for... if we dick around with these, guys we'll lose.
--------
http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2014/...-channel-online-streaming-odds-donovan-mcnabb

Rams vs. Chiefs 2014: Game time, TV schedule, online streaming, odds, announcers and more
By Joel Thorman@JoelThorman on Oct 25 2014

20120818_jla_ac1_570.0_standard_709.0.jpg

Jeff Curry-US PRESSWIRE

The Chiefs and Rams meet for the 2014 Governor's Cup. The game will be played at Arrowhead Stadium. Find information here on the game time, TV channel, Chiefs full 2014 schedule, how to stream online, odds, announcers, picks, predictions and more.

The 3-3 Kansas City Chiefs face off against the 2-4 St. Louis Rams on Sunday at 12 p.m. inside the hallowed walls of Arrowhead Stadium. Donovan McNabb, who was spotted at Chiefs practice this week, will be making his debut as a broadcaster on a live NFL regular season game. The game will be played on FOX.

The Chiefs are hoping to continue their rebound after a difficult schedule to start the season. The Rams, meanwhile, are trying to stay alive after losing their starting quarterback Sam Bradford and replacing him withAustin Davis, who has surprisingly done well.

The Chiefs come in a six-point favorite so clearly Chiefs fans and those in Kansas City are expecting a win. The Chiefs lost their Week 1 game to the Tennessee Titans but ever since then they have looked really sharp. They lost by a touchdown to the Denver Broncos, which doesn't look like such a bad loss now considering the way the Broncos are crushing teams lately.

The Chiefs also lost to the San Francisco 49ers by five points, which there's no shame in given the 49ers track record. The Chiefs beat the previously 5-1 San Diego Chargers and the now 5-2 New England Patriots so there are a couple of good wins on their schedule, too.

The Chiefs are playing in arguably the toughest division in football so they need wins against teams like the Rams to keep their playoff hopes alive. That said, the Rams are no pushover. The Chiefs will face a lot worse defenses than the Rams this season. Kansas City will hope to avoid their pass rushers (which haven't been so hot this season) while getting a leg up on special teams, which is always a key against Jeff Fisher-coached teams.

Game time: Sunday, October 26, 12 p.m.

Parking lots open: 7:30 a.m.

TV channel: FOX / WDAF (Do I get the game?)

Radio: 101.1 The Fox (Mitch Holthus and Len Dawson) | Full listings

Online streaming: Verizon subscribers can watch games live with the NFL Mobile app (subscription required) | NFL Game Pass offers live online broadcasts to users outside the USA | Post-game streaming: NFL Rewind. Sunday games are available after the Sunday Night Football telecast.

Announcers: Dick Stockton, Donovan McNabb, Kristina Pink (sideline)

Injury report: S Eric Berry is questionable while CB Chris Owens and WR Donnie Avery have been ruled out. WR Junior Hemingway is also questionable. Read up on the full injury report here.

Odds: Chiefs are 6-point favorites

Prediction: Chiefs win 24-13 (more picks here)

Matchup history: Chiefs lead 6-4; Rams last win: 1994

Chiefs (new) chapel service: 9:30 a.m. (more)

Enemy blog: Turf Show Times

Twitter: @ArrowheadPride

Facebook: Please like us on Facebook.
--------
Four straight early games is nice before TNF.
The Rams haven’t beat us in 20 years? lol

I’m excited were facing a young QB since they never should stand a chance against our D. I’m more looking forward to Geno since at least 75% of AP wanted him at one time or another. I like our guy.

I predict this is the game DAT goes crazy. It’s coming.
----------
Is our success against the pass (completions allowed we’re 1st) more due to our defensive backfield or our pass rush?
---------
This could be really good for our passing game ...
The only real issue here is depth at cornerback. With Janoris likely out and Tru not quite ready, the Rams would only have a trio of corners to roll with in E.J. Gaines, Marcus Roberson and LaMarcus Joyner. For a team that has struggled with mental focus and execution in the secondary, the specter of going with three rookies at corner poses a concern.

dbrooks25

Pro Bowler
I can not wait until tomorrow. This will be another fan base who will see first hand that this Rams team is nothing like they thought and if we win I will definitely be visiting their boards to see what excuses they cook up.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Our perimeter run defense stats are blown up by a couple huge runs by Patterson in week one and Wilson last week.

But yeah, Charles is serious business. Ogletree and McDonald will have their hands full.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
Donovon McNabb in the announcer's booth ??? Oh, my...Almost glad this isn't on T.V. here...I can watch it online without hearing him...I think his next intelligible sentence might someday lead to his second...One of the many, many athletes that I can't bring myself to listen to...

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Because I'm being a miserable sh!t on a Friday. And I have a co-worker who uses it all the time and it drives me up the wall. But I'll be fine.
Have a seat, relax, your among friends, have A....
whiskey-glass-280x300.jpg

jap

Legend
I don't understand why members here are surprised that the 'Hawks fans demonstrated more respect for us than the Chiefs crowd. That 4-1-1 divisional record from 2012 with the youngest NFL team impressed the hell out of our division "buddies." They may talk a lot of nonsense due to typical fan's asinine inertia, but they aren't sleeping against the Fisher King's Horns anytime soon!

Chiefs are talking crap---how freaking boring!---like we don't hear this nonsense every single damn week. The Mighty One may have achieved his first seasonal sack last week, but he is The Mighty Quinn, and nothing less than at least a 3-sack effort will cut for an official slump breakout party. Alex Smith had his clock cleaned thoroughly the last time he saw the Horns. Then he really only had to worry about Jo-Lonn. Now he has 'Tree, Quinn, and young Aaron as additional harassers. It's about high time this team reminds the rest of the NFL why we have the most sacks over the last few seasons than anyone else and stuffing the Kansas City backfield and simultaneously shutting up their disrespectful fans will go a long way to commanding some freaking respect around this damn league.

If Jenks is favoring that knee, he should play within himself, which is always a good thing since that usually brings out his best play. I hope Tru is up to busting some butts 'cause good coverage may well lead to some picks tomorrow. Yeah, yeah, I know Alex doesn't usually throw silly passes, but, if he gets walloped hard & frequently enough he may be 'inspired' to release the rock sooner than he wants.

Sted had a big play last week. It's high time his roommate bust out a lengthy play or two tomorrow. I would much prefer that Greg the Turbo Leg and Johnny have easy days tomorrow because we want a bunch of TD's over mere FG's. Grind out the yardage behind out bull elephant guards. When we suck the LB's and safeties closer to control the run, take off with the play action passing and spread that defense back out again. Hit that D from so many angles they be totally confused on who the hell to key on. Rub their damn faces in their own turf and take the damn Governor's Cup back to Saint Louis---not because it's really a big deal but those damn KC fans really need shut their damn faces.