What Chiefs Fans Are Saying

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Come on guys. The chief fans have deserved to be front runners. After all... they did win that Superbowl only about 45 years ago.

Seth Keysor: Chiefs 34, Rams 10
The Rams just won their Super Bowl for the year. The Chiefs, on the other hand, are still looking to prove something (that could be the silver lining of that dreadful Titans loss). The Chiefs have successfully kept Peyton Manning, Philip Rivers, Tom Brady, and Colin Kaepernick in check without Eric Berry. With him returning to help an already stout pass defense (and provide aid to a run defense that's struggled at times), the defense will make a statement. The offense will continue to incorporate DAT and Kelce into the fold, and the Chiefs roll.

Yeah, can't see us caring now that we've won a game, let's pack up and go home guys. Is being mentally retarded a prerequisite for a NFL analyst job or does it just really help?

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Yeah, can't see us caring now that we've won a game, let's pack up and go home guys. Is being mentally retarded a prerequisite for a NFL analyst job or does it just really help?
Right? We just won our SB. You KNOW everyone on the team is thinking that with 10 games left. FFS - look at the teams ahead of us in a wild card chase alone. Does anyone really think this is how it is going to unfold? I'm sure AZ is going to hold serve as they ALWAYS do. Detroit is a lock as usual. Dallas isn't due for a fall? Philly might win that division out of attrition while faltering down the stretch. SF and SEA are a real lock too don't you know. It's only KC that has a real shot at winning it all in this contest.

Fuggin nut jobs.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike

Seems that according to some of these Chef fans, the Rams will already be at home...They're jacked to have their RB's indoors on turf...Bet they'll be a little surprised when/if they find out where the game is being played...

theramsruleUK

Pro Bowler
To be honest, I'm actually surprised at their dismissal of the rams. Not even the niners or Hawks did that and they're a proper deluded bunch.

I ask again, what do the chiefs have to be so confident? their 3-3 record? Do me a favour you bunch of tits

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I think the last time Alex Smith faced a Gregg Williams defense he ripped it a new arsehole. 2 80 yard td drives in the last 2 minutes of a playoff game. Whiners vs Saints. That's why I wasn't too thrilled about Williams signing back in 2012.

I'm not at all confident about this game. The chiefs have touched up the rams at home the last few times they have played them if I recall correctly.

Lesson

Oh, really?
I don't understand why the Rams O is getting underestimated by outsiders this much. The O's been fine for the majority of the games since Week 1. However, the D scares me a little bit, but KC's WRs leave much to be desired. So, stopping Charles and Kelce must be a priority.

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
Do think that Smith still thinks about how the Rams ended his job with the 49ers? And will that affect his play?
Chase Daniels is waiting in the wings!

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
Do think that Smith still thinks about how the Rams ended his job with the 49ers? And will that affect his play?
Chase Daniels is waiting in the wings!

Lesson

Oh, really?
I don't understand why the Rams O is getting underestimated by outsiders this much. The O's been fine for the majority of the games since Week 1. However, the D scares me a little bit, but KC's WRs leave much to be desired. So, stopping Charles and Kelce must be a priority.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
One general rule of thumb amongst other fans. If you lose to the Rams then you fire your head and deem your season officially over.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
http://www.turfshowtimes.com/2014/10/24/7057027/rams-chiefs-preview

Rams-Chiefs: Q&A with Arrowhead Pride
By 3k@3k_ on Oct 24 2014

20120818_jla_sr6_578.0_standard_709.0.jpg

Scott Rovak-US PRESSWIRE

Getting the inside info from Joel Thorman of Arrowhead Pride, the SB Nation community for fans of the Kansas City Chiefs.

The Governor's Cup. Get some.

To get the inside info on the Chiefs, I linked up with Joel Thorman from Arrowhead Pride, SB Nation's community for fans of the Chiefs.

How would you describe yall's offense to Rams fans who haven't seen a Chiefs game yet? Obviously there's balance with 186 passing attempts and 186 rushes through six games. What has stood out though from an overall offensive strategy standpoint?

The Chiefs should be running the ball more than they are because that's where their strength lies so you'll see a healthy dose of Jamaal Charles and Knile Davis on Sunday. The Chiefs also throw a lot of shorter passes that are designed to create yards after the catch. These are not risky throws so don't expect many if any turnovers from Alex Smith. The Chiefs will rarely test you deep. Expect plenty of Jamaal Charles with plenty of shorter passes around the line of scrimmage. The Chiefs will also run 2 and 3 tight end sets where the Rams will have to prepare for a run or pass. The Chiefs should have two tight ends on the field more than a third of the game.

Right now the Chiefs have the second-best passing yards allowed per game. What's contributing to the success more - secondary play or the defensive line and those 17 sacks? What should Rams fans be prepared for from yall's 3-4?

The Chiefs last year had more exotic blitzes with various rushers, including defensive backs. That doesn't appear to be happening as much this year. They are creating pressure with their front four (in the nickel) which allows for more coverage help from others. It's funny that the Chiefs have that pass defense statistic because the secondary is not the strength of the team. It gives us plenty of worry. Just last week a starting cornerback (Marcus Cooper) was benched for a relatively unknown player (Jamell Fleming). The best explanation for that stat is that the Chiefs have cut down on the big plays from opposing quarterbacks. There are fewer mental lapses.

Who are the new Chiefs or most improved guys stepping up in 2014 to add to what you guys did in 2013? Are Josh Mauga and Knile Davis the main two?

RB Knile Davis has been good but Jamaal Charles remains the focal point of the run game. TE Travis Kelce is the main one to watch out for on Sunday. He's the Chiefs biggest receiving threat right now. He was drafted last year but had knee surgery so he didn't play last year. This year he has shown some serious flashes. He is not an every-snap player like Anthony Fasano but he is absolutely someone the Rams will have to account for on every snap.

I found it interesting that CBS announcer Solomon Wilcots said Andy Reid is designing plays for Kelce. Defensively the Chiefs have gotten some nice run out of Husain Abdullah, a jack-of-all-trades safety. He will line up in multiple positions, whether that be deep or as a linebacker. He's just a solid, all-around player the Chiefs can use in a variety of ways.

What is the fan base's feeling toward Andy Reid and John Dorsey? Last year's turnaround of the 2-14 2012 season has to have given him some long-lasting support, no?

Indeed it has. Chiefs fans will complain about Andy Reid's in-game management or John Dorsey's draft picks but in the big picture these two have completely turned around the Chiefs franchise. The start to this season is slowly proving that last year was not a fluke. At some point down the line, the Chiefs will have to win a playoff game under these two. It's been 20 years so if a playoff win doesn't come soon, that will be the thing that upsets fans. For now though, most fans are happy with the results.

So, the illustrious Governor's Cup...since the Rams moved to St. Louis, we're 0-5 against you guys in the regular season, though we've only played twice in the regular season since 2002. That being said, is this the most important game of the season, the most important game in franchise history or, quite simply put, is this the single most important football game ever played?

Clearly the answer is all of the above. I like playing the Rams because I like to take my shots at St. Louis. But in reality, this may not even be the most important game for a Missouri team on that day ... if the Royals can push the World Series to five games.

Bonus: Hit me with your prediction.

I have the Chiefs winning 24-13. It very well could be closer than that. I know the Rams are one of those teams that are better than their record indicates (unlike the Chiefs last year, who were probably not as good as their record indicated).

Thanks to Joel for the time.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
Charles speed and the screen passes need to be kept in check. Ogletree can't be giving up the edge.

I hope to see TJ and Rodney blow up some screens with big hits on Charles.

I still don't know if Charles is gonna play that much, but I agree 100% on our boy Tree if so. He's been way too inconsistent in his 2nd year so far. Needs to have a big game.

WoodsideRam

Rookie
Sorry if I offend some people with this comment but...can we get rid of the contraction "y'all"?

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
Because I'm being a miserable sh!t on a Friday. And I have a co-worker who uses it all the time and it drives me up the wall. But I'll be fine.
Welcome to the board @WoodsideRam ! Lots of good people in here. What you are really going to need to get used to is the "English" used by our UK members.
Maybe your co-worker will get reassigned? Cuz I ain't gonna stop saying y'all. (BTW, blue font in here means sarcasm, or something not to be taken at face value). But I'm still unlikely to drop that word. :)

WoodsideRam

Rookie
Welcome to the board @WoodsideRam ! Lots of good people in here. What you are really going to need to get used to is the "English" used by our UK members.
Maybe your co-worker will get reassigned? Cuz I ain't gonna stop saying y'all. (BTW, blue font in here means sarcasm, or something not to be taken at face value). But I'm still unlikely to drop that word. :)

Well, then I'm sorry, but we can't communicate. :)

Just kidding man. It's not the phrase, it's the person it brings to mind when I read or hear it being used. I was just being a sarcastic sh!thead.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
If the Chiefs team is as pathetic, limp and lifeless as their fan boards we shall win easily. One site has posts from the 16th as the latest posts in a thread.