What Chiefs Fans Are Saying

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Penguin.

Rookie
We are going to fucking abuse the ground game. Long, Robinson, Saffold, and Barksdale are some of the best run blockers in this league. If we can find a center who doesn't play like hell, we could become a top three running offense.

Janoris, Lamarcus, Ej, Rodney, and TJ are some of the best run stuffing corners and safteys in the game right now. It clearly showed against Seattle and San Francisco. As long as the LBers do their job and we play solid zones, we shouldn't have to worry all too much about the run game.

What I do fear is defensive penalties, legatron misses, and interceptions. This passing defense for the Cheifs sure is nasty. They are freaky good and it really scares me that someone like Austin Davis is playing them. The kid has good stuff, but not much experience, albeit he did play solid against Seattle.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=287631&page=3

Let's talk about the Rams

Not sure what Davis has done this season but against the Seahawks he was basically Alex Smith. He was like 13/14 for 77 yards and a td at one point, and then on the drive where they scored their final TD, they finally opened it up and he hit guys for 14, 18, and 38 yards through the air.

They keep the reigns on him apparently due to some poor decisions that led to their lead against the niners getting blown, and against the Seahawks today he was serviceable and did enough to win the game when it was needed, but for 3 and 1/2 quarters, it was all checkdowns.
--------
The Chiefs have not lost to the Rams since 1994. They haven't played each other in Arrowhead since 2002. Over the last four meetings, the Chiefs have outscored the Rams 161-74. We'll need to score 40 points to maintain that pace.
---------
Davis hasn't played an away game at a stadium like Arrowhead. His game against the Hawks was at home.
---------
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-h...ams-highlights

Highlights from the last Chiefs-Rams game. Enjoy all the Cassely goodness.
---------
I agree with Clay for once, this is a big trap game... this team is not to be overlooked.

Fisher always has a physical, tough team.
---------
I think they can run on us.

I don't think they can pass on us, and I really don't know how they stop our offense.

We should be able to run and pass all over them.
---------
Reid needs to go full Marty with this one.

Last week in the first half, Wilson kept dropping back and was under constant pressure. In the second half, they started pounding it on the ground and got back in the game as they wore down the Rams' d-line. Rams' LBers didn't look very good so if you could get past the d-line, it was chunks of yards.
---------
The Rams are close to being a dominant football team. They have freakish talent at every position group besides QB and safety. In recent weeks they've had 14+ point leads against 3 of the best teams in the NFL: Dallas, SF, & Seattle. That says something.

Their problem is they're still very young, play in a VERY aggressive defensive scheme (Greg Williams is their d-coordinator) and make a number of huge mental errors every game, usually overpursuing plays, biting on underneath routes leaving guys wide open down the field etc. That's generally not a good thing going against an Andy Reid offense with a Jamal Charles and mobile QB that doesn't turn the ball over. They also have a terrible unimaginative offensive playcaller in Brian Schottenheimer.

This game is tailor made for Alex Suck to do his thing completing checkdowns, scrambling for a few yards off bootlegs, and generally just playing a boring game taking care of the football. If he does that you'll should be ok.
---------
I wouldnt be so sure they cant pass on us, they didnt ask him to throw a lot vs Seattle but he was hyper effecient when he did... 18/21 2 td.

And of course our secondary is a far cry from Seattles.
--------
Hopefully Austin Davis gets a taste of some high decibel level frustration and we can pressure and sack his ass...

It could be a long day if not or if we look past this game....

My guess

Chiefs 21
Rams 14
--------
That noisy road atmosphere is our best hope, if it worked against Brady it should work on this kid.

I just hope we play as aggressively as we did that game, keep him on his heels.
----------
I predict at least one sack by a Rams DB.
----------
I hope that Sutton utilizes some twists, because the Rams OL had some deficiencies with that against SF.
---------
Our pass defense is actually better than Seattle's and is #1 in the league in yards allowed.
---------
Ours is actually #10 in the league in yards allowed per game.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorysta...1&d-447263-n=1
---------
Points per game allowed, we're 6th.
--------
We're also 2nd in the NFL in passing yards allowed.

18th in rushing yards allowed.
---------
Seattle only has 7 sacks on the season.

We're 12th in the league with 17.
---------
According to NFL.com, we're actually the 3rd best on 3rd down conversions on offense.

Here's a very welcome development: our offense is dead last in penalties, at only 29.
-----------
We're 6.5 point favorites in Vegas, FWIW.
----------
The rams defensive line is scary. Aaron Donald as a rookie is better than anything they've got and it's stacked. He's a damn force and it pains me that we didn't get a chance to pick him
--------
Justin Houston might have more sacks than that whole DLine.
---------
Chiefs corners aren't great but hopefully the noise and pressure up front compensate for that. I suspect both teams are going to try to run a lot. It might be a pretty short game.
--------
This was a Win pick from the start of the season for me-and I have not changed my mind.

I think the Chiefs dominate this game on both sides-with Hali and Houston having big games. Rookie QB's not named Luck have terrible records here. Hopefully Sutton brings the heat and stomps these pussies back to Arrowhead east.

38-6 Chiefs win a blow out.
---------
Davis isn't a rookie. And no team aside from the Vikings and maybe the 49ers has blown out the Rams.
---------
Both of these teams should be better than what they are. The Rams at least have an excuse with 2 QB's going down...

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
We should be able to run and pass all over them.
This KC Fan obviously doesn't know His Teams Passing game is Ranked 30th in the league! Their #1 rusher, via Total yards, is Not named Charles, it's Davis. And he has a tendency to fumble! Rams Will Win this one!!

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Every game we play this year completely depends on which Rams team shows up. We can't be beat when playing up to our potential. Not a single team has been able to compete with us at our full ability. And it certainly won't be the chiefs.

bluecollarram

Starter
Name
Dave
images

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
Guys! This is a must win game!

This is for the Governor's Cup!

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Keep taking the Rams lightly, Andy. (y)
--------------------------------------------
http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2014/10/22/7042331/chiefs-andy-reid-royals-scouting-rams

Chiefs' Andy Reid watched the Royals while scouting the Rams
By Joel Thorman@JoelThorman on Oct 22 2014

20141019_gma_ar5_060.jpg.0_standard_709.0.jpg

Jake Roth-USA TODAY Sports

It's tough not to pay attention to your neighbors, especially when those neighbors are in a nationally televised World Series game. The Kansas City Royals lost to the San Francisco Giants in Game 1 of the World Series on Tuesday, and Andy Reid stayed up to watch it.

Speaking to the media on Wednesday, Reid said that he watched the Royals game while scouting their Week 8 opponent the St. Louis Rams.

"Listen, I think it's awesome," Reid said when asked about the Royals (via quotes from the Chiefs). "I'm proud of the Royals and the job that they did this year and they're going to continue to do. I watched the game, I didn't go to the game.

I had it on as I was watching tape of the Rams, but they're a good baseball team and they're well managed. They've got a good organization there. I know our players are friendly and Skipper over there I know. I'm pulling for them and wishing them the best."

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2014/10/23/7036279/nfl-picks-predictions-week-8-chiefs-vs-rams

NFL picks Week 8: Predicting Chiefs vs. Rams
By Matt Verderame@MattVerderame on Oct 23 2014

USATSI_8158309.0.0_standard_709.0.jpg

Jake Roth-USA TODAY Sports

Kansas City aims to get over .500 for the first time this season against its interstate rival.

The Kansas City Chiefs have had the look of an excellent team over the last five weeks, slugging it out with the NFL's elite. After a brutal stretch, the Chiefs sit at 3-3 and in good position for a playoff run, but now need to beat some teams which come into Arrowhead Stadium as underdogs.

The first such opponent is the St. Louis Rams. The Rams are 2-4 but coming off a huge victory over the Seattle Seahawks. Can the Chiefs set up and take care of business, or will it be a repeat of the Week 1 disaster? Let's see what our guys have to say.

St. Louis Rams at Kansas City Chiefs (-7.5)

Matt Verderame: Chiefs 27, Rams 13
Frankly, I just don't see the Rams doing much offensively. St. Louis' offensive line has struggled to protect Austin Davis and the skill position players don't scare me. Provided that Dave Toub curtails the Rams' special teams, I think the Chiefs will hold them under 20 points. Conversely, Kansas City should score plenty of points against one of the weakest defenses in the NFL. My only fear is Andy Reid getting pass-happy, but even then I think the Chiefs get a win. Avoid turnovers, big plays against and penalties. If Kansas City does that, say hello to 4-3.

Clay Wendler: Chiefs 28, Rams 17
The juggernaut Chiefs attack is too much for the Rams' weak defense. The Chiefs send out postseason ticket sales advances.

Matt Conner: Chiefs 21, Rams 12
I love the room for growth on both sides of the ball at this point for the Chiefs. I said I needed to see it to believe it, and the Chiefs now look the part of a playoff team.

Seth Keysor: Chiefs 34, Rams 10
The Rams just won their Super Bowl for the year. The Chiefs, on the other hand, are still looking to prove something (that could be the silver lining of that dreadful Titans loss). The Chiefs have successfully kept Peyton Manning, Philip Rivers, Tom Brady, and Colin Kaepernick in check without Eric Berry. With him returning to help an already stout pass defense (and provide aid to a run defense that's struggled at times), the defense will make a statement. The offense will continue to incorporate DAT and Kelce into the fold, and the Chiefs roll.

Joel Thorman: Chiefs 24, Rams 13
NFL games are usually closer than 11 points but the Chiefs are playing really well right now. The Rams are merely in the way.
-------------
Rams are going to feel the Home field Advantage of Arrowhead full force like the last team that limped out of there the Pats! I see a big win coming if our pass rush is on.
----------
Chiefs D wins this
30 – 6
-----------
http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2014/...iefs-jamaal-charles-aaron-donald-austin-davis

Rams plans to stop Jamaal Charles and getting to know Aaron Donald and Austin Davis
By Joel Thorman@JoelThorman on Oct 23 2014

20120818_jla_ac1_348.0_standard_709.0.jpg

Jeff Curry-US PRESSWIRE

A Q&A with the enemy ahead of Sunday's Chiefs-Rams game.

To prepare for Sunday's Chiefs-Rams game, we spoke with Turf Show Times, SB Nation's Rams blog. We asked about a few lesser known players Chiefs fans should know about as well as who in the heck their new quarterback is.

Thanks to Turf Show Times for the Q&A. Head on over there for your Rams news this week.

1. Who is one player on the Rams defense we don't know but should?
If you haven't picked up on Aaron Donald yet, the train's leaving the station. PFF has him graded out as the second best DT in the NFL. To me, he's a new kind of DT that eschews the traditional power, hole-plug responsibilities (and at 6'1, 285 pounds isn't really built for it anyway) in favor of traits not normally associated with defensive tackles. He's quick. Really quick. And his hands are constantly in motion off the line whipping arms and slapping his opponents' hands. It's weird to see a tackle that active while engaged, but it works for him. He's just able to get by his man so often and so easily, it's just uncanny.

2. Who is one player on the Rams offense we don't know but should?
Earlier in the season, I might have nominated third-year WR Brian Quick who was off to his best season ever, but he's cooled off recently facing tough defenses from San Francisco and Seattle. So instead I'll put RT Joe Barksdale in the spotlight. Barksdale was a third round pick for theRaiders in the 2011 NFL Draft who was released prior to the 2012 season. The Rams snatched him up and couldn't have been more fortunate. He picked up some spot duties on the line in 2012, but his career took off last year after filling in at right tackle when oft-injured Rodger Saffold went down. He's been pretty much inarguably the best offensive lineman this season.

3. What are the Rams plans for stopping Jamaal Charles? How have they done against great backs?
The plan for stopping Jamaal Charles is to stop Jamaal Charles. That will ensure they stop him.

The Rams have done really well against running backs this year, but the gameplan requires a heavy dosage of OLB Jo-Lonn Dunbar and I'm a bit worried about his health. He really labored to get through Monday Night Football against the Niners two weeks ago thanks to a thigh injury, and he was listed with a toe issue on the injury report after Wednesday's practice. So not great news.

That aside, the Rams do have a good track record in 2014 with starting running backs. In their seven games, the Rams are averaging 80 yards allowed from the starter and have only given up one rushing TD to them all year. The numbers look even better if you take into context the Week 2 game in which the Rams were more focused on the Buccaneers' passing game, allowing Bobby Rainey to rack up 144 yards. Other than Rainey, the Rams did well against Adrian Peterson and LeSean McCoy, did very well against Frank Gore and Marshawn Lynch, and keptDeMarco Murray to his lowest rushing day in 2014.

I'm more concerned about Knile Davis and Alex Smith taking off into space, something the Rams have struggled with evidenced by Russell Wilson's 100-plus yard rushing performance last week.

4. I know nothing about Austin Davis. What do I need to know about him?
He's not bad. Which is good. The popular comparison is Drew Brees for the skill set, but obviously some people are a bit put off when you throw out a future HOFer. Then again, he's already won over Brett Favre ...

The things I'd relay to Arrowhead Pride readers about Davis is that he doesn't get tunnel vision in any area. He's not specific to one side of the field or to one level, he doesn't zero in on his main receiving option and he doesn't get stuck on his first read. He's a plus game manager who takes what the defense gives him. It's how you post the highest completion percentage of any QB against the Seahawks ever throwing for a whopping 155 yards ... he's just savvy enough to not get rattled into trying to take more than what's there.

One big drawback is his arm strength. It's definitely a minus, but again, he's smart enough to know when not to test it. He anticipates WRs well so that he's not late enough on his throws where the lack of arm strength becomes a big issue. Accuracy and mobility are a plus too.

So overall, he does a lot of things well. What's helped him be so successful since he got the starting job is avoiding the things he doesn't do well. He's much more mentally in tune with the game than I expected.

5. The Rams were supposed to have a great pass rush. Then they didn't. What in the world happened?
Ya know, it was just a weird funk. To have that much talent and yet post the least sacks through five games of any NFL team ever is one of those things that's really, really hard to explain. Part of it was not getting any holding calls. Things avalanche one way or the other. When you get that call, it opens up the blocker for the defender a bit. When you don't, they're going to latch on tighter. The Rams just weren't the recipient of many calls early.

More importantly, because blaming referees is never the main issue, was / is that offenses are starting the game avoiding the 7-step drops to make sure QBs get the ball out early. It negates any chance of a sack and helps the offense get in rhythm. The problem for the Rams is that when they haven't gotten pressure early in the game, DC Gregg Williams starts dialing up the blitz with more frequency and the opponents have just blocked it too well. It's frustrating to only send four and have them blocked and then send seven or eight and see them blocked properly too. In any case, hopefully the three-sack performance against the Seahawks is an indication that the pass rush is on the right track.

Bonus: Prediction for the game?

I gave a 30-13 Chiefs win in our staff picks based solely on random chaos for parity's sake, so I'll stand by it.
-----------
Well, name a team that doesn't key on Charles.
Charles will get his yards like always: once fatigue comes into play in the second half it’s off to the races.
--------
Jamaal
Is arguably (barely) the best running back in Chiefs history. He recently set the all time Chiefs rushing record with 200 less carries, behind some of the worst offensive lines the Chiefs have had in history.

The only way Jamaal gets shut down is when Andy Reid doesn’t call his number.
----------
Yup. Big Red will always have more power to shut down #25 than the opponents.
And sadly, he does just that sometimes.
---------
Charles is going to go off on Sunday.
He is starting to become more vocal and confident this year it seems. I think he is going to make it a point to torch this defense. Show the league why he is the best running back in the game.
---------
Lots of screens & quick passes (nothing new) should neutralize the Rams aggressive front 4
This should be a great time to lay a heavy dose of DAT & Kelce in space. I also expect Wilson to get his number called a few more times.

On D, we need to keep doing what we’ve been doing. Get pressure w 4 or 5 & keep the secondary in position to make plays & keep stuff under them.
---------
KC just needs to keep the pressure on the whole game and not play down to their opponent.
We are showing that we can play competitive football against the top teams. Now, we need to see them win comfortably against inferior teams.
--------
St Louis win against the seahawks should help us avoid playing down to them
While I don’t think the rams are all that good their recent win should have our staff and players attention.
------------
I'm also sensing a big game from Jamaal.
Last time Reid fed the ball to the RBs at Arrowhead they went off on the Patriots for well over 200 all purpose yards and 3 TDs. At the time the Pats were boasting a good defense. I fully expect the Chiefs RBs to gouge a Rams defense that is giving up 4.8 rushing yards per attempt. The only person that can really stop Jamaal and Knile is Andy Reid. He just needs to keep it simple and stick to the run for this game.
----------
Rams have allowed 145 yds/g and 9 20+ yard runs!
should be a very run heavy game
----------
I want some fucking power football this game
no nonsense, just lots of tight ends, lots of fullbacks, and lots of running
----------
Between their "expert" picks and this Q&A
Is is rather evident, Rams fans are way bigger homers than we are
-----------
Umm didn't he choose the Chiefs to win???
-----------

Really?
So you don’t expect the Rams to score 10-14 more points on us then Rivers and Manning at home?
-----------
Honestly, I don't see how the Rams win this game, and I don't mean to disrespect their team.
But I am a Chiefs fan, so I know better than to count it as a sure thing. 31-13 Chiefs, while hoping we don't have a Titans-esque meltdown.
---------
Eh, Austin Davis kinda scares me
Chiefs have always had a habit of making "I’m sorry, what was your name?" QB’s look good, and I’m not so sure Davis is even in that category anymore.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I fucking hate Chiefs fans.

To listen to them talk, you'd think they were perennial SB contenders.

Looking at their comments made me feel like I was peering down into a barrel of dicks....

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Yeah - it definitely appears that Chiefs fans have zero respect for the Rams. And here I thought the seahag fans were front runners. You'd think THEY just won the SB and not the team that lost 6 of their last 8 games to finish the season last year including blowing a 4 TD lead in the wild card game.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Hawks know we match up pretty well against them, Chiefs know nothing

All their fans know is how to drink, tail gate, and scream like school girls. They've gone so long without any big time success that they've numbed theirselves to the product.

Rams fans are the opposite. We know way too well what's happening and it dispairs the fan base.

Rams fan: dude... you see what just happened.

Chiefs fan: OMG! What just happened???

Sometimes I wish we were that ignorant... and loud.

(Prett much this whole post should be in blue font, but I'm not doing it lol)

lasvegasrams

Rookie
Nobody gives us respect. Maybe rightfully so because they have no zeroed in on games like we have for our team.

Chiefs are going to be favorites, it would be unfair to say otherwise. However, they may be the weakest team we have faced since Week 1. I think Fisher is aware of this, too. I would not be surprised if Chiefs get stuffed at home.