We're not getting Clowney

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Clowney is going number one. Only way rams get Clowney is if they trade with the texans and that ain't gonna happen. IMO only other scenario is texans trading out of number one and taking a qb later on. Whoever trades with texans takes Clowney, I'm guessing cowboys, falcons or worst possible scenario whiners that would make me cry.

FRO

Legend
I don't see the 49ers as a realistic choice. They have a lot of picks, but not enough to move up to 1. I don't think the Cowboys are realistic either. I could see the Jags or Falcons move up to get Clowney, or the Texans sitting and picking him. Part of me believes the reason the Texans are floating out there that Clowney is the pick is to drive up trade interest. Let's hope they don't get a trade and decide on Bortles.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
If Clowney goes #1 then I'm going with the next playmaker, Watkins. I'd expect Mack to go soon after.

Hopefully one of the top 3 OL'man fall to #13.

Alan

Legend
I would not have phrased it "We're not getting Clowney", I would have phrased it "We're not going to be able to shop our pick to someone who wants Clowney."

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I don't see the 49ers as a realistic choice. They have a lot of picks, but not enough to move up to 1. I don't think the Cowboys are realistic either. I could see the Jags or Falcons move up to get Clowney, or the Texans sitting and picking him. Part of me believes the reason the Texans are floating out there that Clowney is the pick is to drive up trade interest. Let's hope they don't get a trade and decide on Bortles.
Yeah but it's amazing what teams can pull off when they like a certain player. Also players can be involved in pick trades.

Yeah but it's amazing what teams can pull off when they like a certain player. Also players can be involved in pick trades.
I don't see the niners as a realistic choice either, was just giving my worst case incredibly unlikely scenario.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I agree that Houston probably trades the pick. Clowney is best as a 4/3 DE. I think they try to move back a little and take Mack. Or the say screw it and move back a lot and take a QB late in round1.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
No disrespect to the OP, but I was going to post a topic about how easily people become guided by the media like sheep.

Have the Texans announced their intention to take Clowney? Or their intention to trade?

What changed from just two weeks ago when everyone felt Bortles was going #1?

I'll tell you what changed; Clowney held a pro day. The talking heads got excited and adjusted THEIR boards. And... The collective mindset of football fans followed!

Me; NFL teams aren't paying attention to the media and Mel Kiper's board.

Me; if the Texans want a particular QB, trading down and ensuring you get who you want isn't as easy as it sounds... Nor does the logic hold water that they'd settle for their 2nd or 3rd choice among the QBs.

Me; I'm thinking Clowney is still in play at #2.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
Great points @CGI_Ram . I hope you're right! That still leaves me with a dilemma however. If Clowney is there at #2 I don't know if I'd want to take him or trade down. Good thing I'm not making the decision.

No disrespect to the OP, but I was going to post a topic about how easily people become guided by the media like sheep.

Have the Texans announced their intention to take Clowney? Or their intention to trade?

What changed from just two weeks ago when everyone felt Bortles was going #1?

I'll tell you what changed; Clowney held a pro day. The talking heads got excited and adjusted THEIR boards. And... The collective mindset of football fans followed!

Me; NFL teams aren't paying attention to the media and Mel Kiper's board.

Me; if the Texans want a particular QB, trading down and ensuring you get who you want isn't as easy as it sounds... Nor does the logic hold water that they'd settle for their 2nd or 3rd choice among the QBs.

Me; I'm thinking Clowney is still in play at #2.
Clowney is going number one for sure, maybe because of media, maybe because of his pro day or maybe just because he is the best prospect in the draft by far. I'm thinking the third one. But we all new that before any of the media hype and before his pro day, the man is a freak of nature. If he is available at the number 2 pick, which he won't be, fisher and Snead will be dancing around like kids that have just been told there going Disney land before they run to the podium to draft him.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
If Clowney goes 1, and we can't trade....we're going to get either Robinson or Matthews.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
At this point I almost don't care who we get with our first pick. Just want it done. 3 more weeks of arguing over Clowney, Mack, Watkins, Robinson and Matthews and trades!!!....oh the fun...Hearing more about Manzeil and the other QB's and Clowney and blah blah blah kill me!!! Maybe I will go freeze myself like Cartman and have someone thaw me out the day before the draft. Moving the damn draft back two weeks......... fucking horse shit.

/rant

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
At this point I almost don't care who we get with our first pick. Just want it done. 3 more weeks of arguing over Clowney, Mack, Watkins, Robinson and Matthews and trades!!!....oh the fun...Hearing more about Manzeil and the other QB's and Clowney and blah blah blah kill me!!! Maybe I will go freeze myself like Cartman and have someone thaw me out the day before the draft. Moving the damn draft back two weeks......... freaking horse crap.

/rant

Not to mention the guys that want us to trade Bradford and select a QB early

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Not to mention the guys that want us to trade Bradford and select a QB early

Oh god, you're right. Cya guys in 19 days, im headed to the snowy mountains. Any takers to come defrost me?

RamzFanz

Damnit
There are so many legitimate possibilities for picks and trades, who knows.

This is the scenario I'm sticking with, if only because if it happens, I can claim unimaginable powers of draft predicting for a full year:

Texans want a QB. Rams want Clowney.

Texans call the rams and ask for some late round picks to move up. Rams move up and take Clowney.

Four games into the season, when the devastation to opponents is undeniable, everyone at ROD remembers they wanted Clowney too.