Well, it's Week 9 so it's time to Talk Draft

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Wut?

Don't look at me in that tone of chat! We always do this, this time of year...:death:

I have heard in the last few minutes that maybe we should trade our first round pick down for more picks to possible score on Whitworth's replacement. However, how good will that be since we almost assuredly will be picking between #22-#32 in 2018?
Is it a good draft for Olinemen?
We also need a starting CB and maybe a Big Ugly to plug the middle of our Dline?

This is SKA's version of Madden, make the wicked good 2018 Ram's team for a repeat Super Bowl team!:rockon:

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Wut?

Don't look at me in that tone of chat! We always do this, this time of year...:death:

I have heard in the last few minutes that maybe we should trade our first round pick down for more picks to possible score on Whitworth's replacement. However, how good will that be since we almost assuredly will be picking between #22-#32 in 2018?
We also need a starting CB and maybe a Big Ugly to plug the middle of our Dline?

This is SKA's version of Madden, make the wicked good 2018 Ram's team for a repeat Super Bowl team!:rockon:
Picking in that range there should be several OLine and CB even a couple good edge rushers from what I've been reading.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Wut?

I'm liking that big Oklahoma LT Orlando Brown if he's still on the board when we pick at # 32. :cheers:

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Wut?

For real, this was beyond funny!!!

"don't look at me in that tone of chat!"

Brilliant!

VeteranRamFan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Dale
You read my mind, @LoyalRam .

I've been wanting to start one of these just for the fun and nostalgia of it.

Kudos!

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Yeah, I just checked some lists the other day. Seems like about 4 OTs in round one, then seems to be a drop off.

So say you can get Brown for LT, but Whitworth looks great and finishes the year strong. What do you do? I guess he could back up for a year and then push out Saffold or Whitworth in year two?

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
I still think Center is the spot that needs a beast prospect to step in if you are going to beat teams like the Eagles could be your roadblock for the SB for the next 10 years.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Yeah, I just checked some lists the other day. Seems like about 4 OTs in round one, then seems to be a drop off.

So say you can get Brown for LT, but Whitworth looks great and finishes the year strong. What do you do? I guess he could back up for a year and then push out Saffold or Whitworth in year two?

I keep Whitworth until he runs out of gas or retires, whichever comes first. O.Brown would play LG until Whitworth is gone. Saffold can be traded for another draft pick and still saves us $6.5mil against the CAP going forward.
Imagine the delight of announcers when Orlando Brown, Jamon Brown & Malcolm Brown are all on the field at the same time. jmo.

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

That's only because we stunk every other year, and all we had to look forward to was the draft!

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
I still think Center is the spot that needs a beast prospect to step in if you are going to beat teams like the Eagles could be your roadblock for the SB for the next 10 years.

McVay's LG/C from Washington (Spencer Long) becomes a free agent following this season. Having Sullivan & Long from Washington and Kromer's two WR's from Buffalo just makes it more of a family affair.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm not talking draft until we're out of the hunt for it all. (y)

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I think that the primary thing for us to do is get more dominant edge rushers (either one of the two Clemson edge rushers Clelin Ferrell or Austin Bryant would do in the first round). Quinn and Barwin are not the long-term answers, and we need an edge rusher aside from Ebukam/Longacre/Price to put pressure on the outside. Adding a guy like Sione Teuhema (Southeast Louisiana), Ade Aruna (Tulane), or Jaylon Ferguson (Louisiana Tech) would also help this pass-rush succeed.

Next need are two corners (both outside). I doubt we re-sign Tru, and I'd like to put some of that money towards NRC and Joyner. I like the Alexanders (Jaire out of Louisville and Adonis out of V-Tech).

Then I'd like to focus on the offensive line. I'd like to sign Weston Richburg from the Giants, as I think he'd be a steal at center with the right contract. An eventually successor to Whitworth is a need. My option is Chukwuma Okorafor out of Western Michigan. I'd also prefer to trade Saffold and use a pick on a successor such as Beau Benzschawel (Wisconsin) if he decides to leave for the NFL this season.

Also, I'd re-sign Watkins to keep our wide receiver depth mostly the same. I'd re-sign Donald to a massive deal because he absolutely deserves it.

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
We really need to wait until free agency to really understand what our draft needs will be. I think big Whit may have another year or two left in him.

fearsomefour

Legend
I like Bylthe.
Has been productive and physical when he has been in.
I would not invest a high round pick in the C spot, maybe a mid round pick.