Welcome Kevin Demoff

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Kevin,

Thank you for taking the time to interact with the fans here at ROD! My question would be this. If the Rams had fared better last year (a virtually impossible task given the amount of injuries), would Steve Spagnuolo had been retained even with Jeff Fisher hitting the open market?

At your leisure....

gorams.jpg

kdemoff

UDFA
Rams On Demand, it's great to join the forum this morning as we get ready for camp. I'm banking on the National Weather Service being accurate and telling me this rain will clear out in the next hour, not a good omen to start camp under grey skies!

On to the questions.

Kevin

kdemoff

UDFA
I left the host's question for last. (Also, that picture is from Tampa, we probably need a better one that's not as Tampa Viceish).

The organization's decision to make a change would not have been made had we been 8-8 or anywhere close to that. We were fortunate to have a great person in Steve Spagnuolo leading our organization and a talented and dedicated group of assistant coaches. I don't know of any coaching staff that had to face more adversity last season than ours between the hardest schedule in the NFL and the number of injuries we faced. They did an admirable job having been dealt a lousy hand and our team played hard for them until the end. I think this team has a bright future and much of that is because of the work Coach Spagnuolo and Billy Devaney did in changing the culture and perception of this team and finding young talent like Chris Long, James Laurinaitis, Sam Bradford, Rodger Saffold, Lance Kendricks, Austin Pettis, Greg Salas, Bradley Fletcher, Jerome Murphy, Jason Smith, Darian Stewart and others. They don't get enough credit for the work they did in pointing this team in the right direction. Steve and Billy are the type of people you root for every day and when this team turns the corner they deserve all of our appreciation for the role they played in that.

kdemoff

UDFA
To all members of Rams On Demand,

Thank you for letting me participate on your board today. This site does a great job of bringing Rams fans together and that is what forums are for, giving our passionate fans a place to talk to other fans. We all may disagree from time to time on players, play calls, draft picks or free agents, but we have a common passion for the Rams that binds us all. Always remember that and great times are ahead for our beloved franchise!

Kevin

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
kdemoff said:
I left the host's question for last. (Also, that picture is from Tampa, we probably need a better one that's not as Tampa Viceish).

The organization's decision to make a change would not have been made had we been 8-8 or anywhere close to that. We were fortunate to have a great person in Steve Spagnuolo leading our organization and a talented and dedicated group of assistant coaches. I don't know of any coaching staff that had to face more adversity last season than ours between the hardest schedule in the NFL and the number of injuries we faced. They did an admirable job having been dealt a lousy hand and our team played hard for them until the end. I think this team has a bright future and much of that is because of the work Coach Spagnuolo and Billy Devaney did in changing the culture and perception of this team and finding young talent like Chris Long, James Laurinaitis, Sam Bradford, Rodger Saffold, Lance Kendricks, Austin Pettis, Greg Salas, Bradley Fletcher, Jerome Murphy, Jason Smith, Darian Stewart and others. They don't get enough credit for the work they did in pointing this team in the right direction. Steve and Billy are the type of people you root for every day and when this team turns the corner they deserve all of our appreciation for the role they played in that.
Appreciate the response.

I didn't know that pic was from Tampa. I thought it captured your smoothness though, yeah? :sly:

Anyway, thanks for giving us some of your valuable time. I can't think of another Organization that has its COO visit a fan board and co-mingle with the common fan. Just another reason the Rams are the epitome of Sports Franchises in our book!

Good luck this season. No more inj..... in... no more unfortunate incidences.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Cool stuff Kevin. As another of the long time Ram fans, I really appreciate you showing us some love.

Looking forward to our franchise returning to greatness.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Selassie I said:
Thanks for putting that together Paul. Very cool.
Not as cool as your name is, apparently. :bg:

My pleasure though -- that was fun.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
He was very gracious with his time.

Thanks, X.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Yes, that was amazing of him to go and answer our questions. You really don't see many teams interact with a lot of the fans on the Internet, and it's certainly not normal to see highly-ranked people like Demoff answering these questions.

Mass kudos to him.

:cheese:

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
That was awesome! :woooot:

Maybe he'll frequent the place on "victory Mondays." There's gonna be a lot of them. :razzed: