We Wish You A Merry Christmas Mock Offseason.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Welcome one, welcome all to another exciting mock offseason. Let's get started, shall we?

HC - Sean McVay.
OC - Bill Callahan.
DC - Mike Singletary.
ST - John Fassel.

(I realize that McVay is rather young, but the kid can coach, and he's respected by all of the offensive players on the Redskins. Best case scenario, he's our head coach for the next decade or so. Callahan knows offensive linemen better than most, is close to McVay, and he'd be an immediate upgrade. I'd keep Singletary, Fassel, Dennard Wilson, Groh (as wide receivers coach), and Waufle.)

Cut:

Rodger Saffold
Eugene Sims
Tre Mason
Tim Barnes

(All obvious.)

Release:

T.J. McDonald
Brian Quick
Kenny Britt
Case Keenum
Chase Reynolds
Cam Thomas

(I think that it's time for new blood in the wide receiver position, so Quick and Britt are let go. McDonald is talented, but Mo is younger and plays the same position. Keenum is replaced by Mannion, Reynolds is purely special teams and replaceable, and Thomas is JAG.)

Re-sign:

Greg Zuerlein
Benny Cunningham
Dominique Easley
Ethan Westbrooks
Matt Longacre
Louis Trinca-Pasat

(Zuerlein has bounced back. Cunningham is our second best back. Easley, Westbrooks, Longacre, and LPT are under our control, so we should re-sign them.)

Convert:

Lamarcus Joyner (CB - FS)

(Joyner can join Alexander on the backend to make a feared duo. He fits at free safety better than nickel cornerback, in my honest opinion.)

Free Agency:

Alshon Jeffery
Ronald Leary
Andrew Whitworth.

(Leary immediately replaces Saffold at left guard, Whitworth gives us a stud left tackle for a few years, and Jeffery gives us a bona-fide number one receiver.)

Trade:

Lance Kendricks to New York Jets for their 2017 fourth round pick.

(I believe that the Jets absolutely need a tight end. They are starting Kellen Davis, who is a blocking tight end on the decline and Austin Seferian-Jenkins, who is inconsistent and has off-the-field problems. Kendricks is easily an upgrade over both of them and opens the door for Higbee and Hemingway to shine. A fourth round pick should be sufficient.)

Robert Quinn to the Dallas Cowboys for their first round pick.

(Dallas may have an excellent offensive line, but their defensive line leaves a lot to be desired. Quinn will immediately help them. Meanwhile, we get a first round pick to put more young talent into our defensive line.)

William Hayes to the New York Giants for 2017 sixth round pick.

(Stealing from Jrry. If we can get anything for Hayes, that's great.)

Greg Robinson to the Clevaland Browns for 2017 fifth round pick.)

(I understand that this might not be realistic, but we might as well get something for G-Rob. Cleveland's offensive line - Joe Thomas aside - is probably a bigger mess than ours.)

4th round compensatory pick, Cleveland fifth, Giants sixth, and our sixth to the Buffalo Bills for 2017 third round pick.

(Buffalo needs to rebuild, and the extra picks go to helping that.)

Draft:

1 (Cowboys) - Charles Harris, DE, Missouri.

2 - Ethan Pocic, C, LSU.

3 - Ahkello Witherspoon, CB, Colorado.

3 - (Bills) Chidobe Awuzie, CB, Colorado

4 (Jets) - Amara Darboh, WR, Michigan.

4 - Nico Siragusa, OG, San Diego State.

5 - Tanoh Kpassagnon, DE, Villanova.

7 - Elijah McGuire, RB, UL Lafayette.

Roster:

QB - Jared Goff.
RB - Todd Gurley.
WR - Alshon Jeffery
WR - Tavon Austin
WR - Amara Darboh
TE - Tyler Higbee.
LT - Andrew Whitworth
LG - Ronald Leary
C - Ethan Pocic
RG - Nico Siragusa/Jamon Brown.
RT - Rob Havenstein.
RE - Charles Harris
DT - Michael Brockers
DT - Aaron Donald.
LE - Tanoh Kpassagnon.
MLB - Alec Ogletree
OLB - Mark Barron
CB - Chidobe Awuzie.
CB - Akhello Witherspoon.
CB - E.J. Gaines.
FS - Lamarcus Joyner
SS - Maurice Alexander.
K - Greg Zuerlein.
P - Johnny Hekker.
LS - Jake McQuaide.

Thoughts, comments, critiques are all welcome.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I'm not sure anyone would give a 1st for Quinn at this point. As talented as he is, he's missed too much time the past 2 seasons.

I like the attention to the oline and getting A JEFFREY would be a huge spark for this offense.
How many games would we have won this year if simply averaged 21 pnts a game? which I believe is lower than our average with Shotty. (May be wrong)

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If the Redskins were to lose McVay to a HC spot, I cant see how they would let Callahan go too. He is under contract.
Boy, you are really sticking to your guns on the Kendricks trade to the Jets. I just cant see why the Jets would trade for an overpaid TE who cant catch the ball.
Seferain Jenkins doesn't seem like a downgrade from Kendricks as it is
In any event, if we could come up with Alshon Jeffrey via FA, the HC & new OC are going to have a serious opportunity for instant success

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm not a fan of Singletary at DC. I am a big fan of the FA signings. Not a fan of the trades. If we're going to trade Quinn and Hayes, we need to sign a FA pass rusher. We're starting too many rookies on defense. I like the guys I know from the draft.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'm not a fan of Singletary at DC. I am a big fan of the FA signings. Not a fan of the trades. If we're going to trade Quinn and Hayes, we need to sign a FA pass rusher. We're starting too many rookies on defense. I like the guys I know from the draft.

Singletary can stay on as a linebackers coach, but I think that he'd thrive as a defensive coordinator. As for veteran pass rushers, I'm not exactly sure who we can sign. Pierre-Paul will cost a ton, and I'm honestly not sure who else is available.

I'm wondering about your thoughts on Kpassagnon. You haven't commented on him yet. I think that he's an absolute stud in the mold of a poor man's Julius Peppers. I have this feeling that he's going to absolutely blow up the Senior Bowl. But I am wondering about your thoughts.

If the Redskins were to lose McVay to a HC spot, I cant see how they would let Callahan go too. He is under contract.
Boy, you are really sticking to your guns on the Kendricks trade to the Jets. I just cant see why the Jets would trade for an overpaid TE who cant catch the ball.
Seferain Jenkins doesn't seem like a downgrade from Kendricks as it is
In any event, if we could come up with Alshon Jeffrey via FA, the HC & new OC are going to have a serious opportunity for instant success

Kendricks can do what Davis and ASJ can't do: catch and block. ASJ is a terrible blocker, and Davis is a horrible receiver. Kendricks, for all of his drops, is better than them.

I didn't realize that Callahan was under contract.

Jeffery is the guy I'm gunning for this offseason. He fixes a problem that we've had for years.

I'm not sure anyone would give a 1st for Quinn at this point. As talented as he is, he's missed too much time the past 2 seasons.

I like the attention to the oline and getting A JEFFREY would be a huge spark for this offense.
How many games would we have won this year if simply averaged 21 pnts a game? which I believe is lower than our average with Shotty. (May be wrong)

Quinn is absolutely worth a first round pick. He's young, on a good contract, and if he bounces back for the team who trades for him (I believe that the Cowboys would jump at the chance to sign a good pass rusher), he'll be well worth a first.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Singletary can stay on as a linebackers coach, but I think that he'd thrive as a defensive coordinator. As for veteran pass rushers, I'm not exactly sure who we can sign. Pierre-Paul will cost a ton, and I'm honestly not sure who else is available.

I'm wondering about your thoughts on Kpassagnon. You haven't commented on him yet. I think that he's an absolute stud in the mold of a poor man's Julius Peppers. I have this feeling that he's going to absolutely blow up the Senior Bowl. But I am wondering about your thoughts.

I haven't seen him yet. I'll put him on my list of players to watch. (y)

The top FA pass rushers off the top of my head are JPP, Melvin Ingram, Chandler Jones, and Nick Perry.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
I like this but I don't see us getting a 1st for Quinn who hasn't been the same since 2013 and has rarely been on the field OR a 4th for Lance 'Stone Hands' Kendrick. He just drops too much. Last year it was because he had a thumb injury we were told. No excuses this time round. The Jets may need a TE but they'd be better to simply use their 4th to pick a guy. Agree we should be in the market for Jeffrey if they don't resign him. But so will other teams. If we can get him it makes life slightly easier, but we're really hamstrung by having given up so many picks for Goff because of that stupid belief that we were just 'a QB away'.

FRO

Legend
No way Kendricks nets a 4th round pick. He just isn't that good of a player. Don't think Quinn has first round value anymore either. I'm not sure Whitworth would want to come to a rebuilding team. Like the draft a whole lot. Like the HC choice.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Again I mean no disrespect, but going forward can you take out your trades because I believe in no shape, way or form these trades would come to fruition and here is why:

1. Quinn to the Cowboys for a 1st, would be just plain stupid, IMHO for the Cowboys, if the Rams traded their number one even if it was towards the end of the draft for a guy, who has not shown much and has been injured the last two years as fans we would go ballistic.
  2. Kendricks to the Jets for a 4th? This is a great year for Tight Ends and I don't understand why the Jets make this deal, Kendricks does not offer them much and has stone hands. He's a good blocker, but I don't see them parting with a 4th, they will sign somebody in free agency or more than likely draft one or maybe two because of the great year for that position in 2017.
I would love to see one of your mocks without these trades because again as I respect the time and effort that is put into these, everyone of your mocks has these trades and you know and I know they won't happen and if they do, then great, but I like mocks with no trades because they are more realistic and if any one of these trades happen on or before draft day, I assure you sir I will dine on crow accordingly.

TexasRam

Legend
Did Trumaine leave in Free Agency or did I miss that part?

I love any Mock With Jeffrey as he is a bonafide WR type that rarely shakes free. PFF has him right under Julio Jones and Antonio Brown as 3rd best WR in 2015. Still Young! If the Rams need to go after one player (overspending a little) its Jeffrey.

The Oline in Free Agency must also be fixed so I like what you did there.