We need to use TG30 With the E.D Pitch

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Ah, memories of the great one. I know Faulk was a better all around back, but Dickerson was the best pure running back I've ever seen in a Rams uniform. And that goes back over 45 years. There were a few good ones in that time.

PhxRam

When he used to get into that gallop after he broke the secondary you knew he was gone.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Ah, memories of the great one. I know Faulk was a better all around back, but Dickerson was the best pure running back I've ever seen in a Rams uniform. And that goes back over 45 years. There were a few good ones in that time.
Yeah as a 51 yeaf old Football (RAM FAN) ED is the prettiest runner I have ever witnessed.

When he used to get into that gallop after he broke the secondary you knew he was gone.
Man! aint that the truth.

It's hard to not just awe ED but I am really thinking that the pitch may be a great addition to our "O" and why not start with TG30. Most trends eventually find their way back they may need an updated twist but boy you get that back some space behind the line and good things may happen.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
There is only one or maybe 2 things missing...One is the O line...The other is that they don't have Eric Dickerson on this team...They might, but Gurley has to do it first...I think the expectations early on might be a little hard for Gurley to live up to and will maybe be unfair...Guess we'll see what he's got soon enough...At least I'm sure the fans won't start yelling bust after a couple of weeks, even if he struggles. which he might very well...I'm looking forward to at least seeing what he looks like in as uniform and in the backfield...

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
When I watch these now I'm still amazed how fast and decisive he hit the hole. On his first step he knew where he was going.
How quick he Oline got to the next level.
Count how many defenders were in the box on some of those runs, LoL
1:50 was my fav. just up the middle .

PhxRam

My favorite Dickerson run from memory was against Dallas (cant remember the exact game (I think it was a playoff game)or if they showed it in the clip(am I allowed to use brackets within brackets?)) he took the first carry in the second half to the house.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
The toss sweep of the "old days" just isn't as effective as it once was. Too much team speed by most defenses.
The way the lateral was used with ED though was cutting out the QB stepping back to hand off. Most of the time the QB simply turned and lateraled to ED so he could get a clean exchange and a head of steam without the QB in the way. It also allowed ED to see where the hole was going to be. It wasn't really used as a sweep. In most cases Eric ran it between the tackles.

I'm not so sure it couldn't work today with the right RB. I'm not saying Gurley is the right RB but it is fun to think about. And who knows - maybe he is the type of RB that could take advantage of it.

Of course it is true that we had a pretty good run blocking line in front of Eric.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
Yeah I considered Coach O's point but eventually felt that yes things should be "Relative".
This was really just a fun thought I have had about the entire NFL and how things become trendy and mostly teams just copy each other. As 503 says and I briefly eluded to in a comment It is the quickest way to get the back the ball in space ( like an extended handoff). Yes Athos any back not just TG but he certainly looks to be of the build and speed to make the sweep effective. Worth a Try? Pro right 41 sweep CMON

PhxRam

Damn, that sucker was fast!

Too young to remember Dickerson?

Dude was a track star at SMU as well.

What made his speed even more impressive (on top of his size) is that he said that he wore every single piece of equipment that was available.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
@RamzFanz @WestCoastRam @CoachO @LACHAMP46

Infidels

pope-francis.jpg