We have to draft OL early and often... no F/A retreads

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Demand n 1

" Let the cool water take me under"
Name
doc
1999 Rams OL

LTOrlando Pace* 5 All-Pro/ 7Pro Bowl
LGTom Nutten 0 " / 0 "
CMike Gruttadauria 0 " / 0 "
RGAdam Timmerman 1-2nd tm / 2 "
RT Fred Miller 0/0

Does anybody remember these guys? Who drafted them, where were they drafted, how many years in the league , how long together?
We have our LOT. Screw it !!!! use all our high draft choices on knuckle draggers and we will be in the Superb Bowl........... NOT!

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Timmerman was a free agent retread. Teams generally need both players they drafted, and to fill holes with free agents.

I want them to use several fairly high picks on the OL - but I also want them to pick up a couple of vets so that the team doesn't have to start a bunch of rookies.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Um...there's multiple ways to build an offensive line. I'm not a fan of any of the free agents that are left on the market. Maybe Stefan Wisniewski, but he's not shown any interest in the Rams. So we're going to build through the draft, whether you want to or not.

Robinson - Cann - Rhaney - Saffold - Peat is my choice for a line. Super Bowl? Yes, please.

SierraRam

Recreational User
Um...there's multiple ways to build an offensive line. I'm not a fan of any of the free agents that are left on the market. Maybe Stefan Wisniewski, but he's not shown any interest in the Rams. So we're going to build through the draft, whether you want to or not.

Robinson - Cann - Rhaney - Saffold - Peat is my choice for a line. Super Bowl? Yes, please.

Peat in the first, Cann in the 2nd... Hell yeah! I've always believed Rhaney might step up based on his Senior Bowl performance and praises from Fisher, but I know I suffer from serious Homer Blindness. He's still a 7th rounder from Tennessee St.!

Piss on Wiz if he doesn't want to be here and take Grasu, Dismukes or Finney in the 3rd or 4th. Let the winner between him, Rhaney and Jones be our Center.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
I think we go wrong if we don't grab at least one FA. We have no depth on the line as it is and starting the year with 60% of the line having never played in the NFL is just asking for growing pains. Our situation has become dire.

iced

Pigeon holing yourself into a position is why we got players like donald and quinn

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'd rather we go into the draft with a starting caliber LG/RG and a starting caliber RT...then we do the smart thing and draft based on where the value lies.

Alan

Legend
Memphis Ram thinking about days of yore:
LT Orlando Pace* - #1 overall selection
LG Tom Nutten - Bills 7th Rounder cut and joined Rams after a year in the CFL
C Mike Gruttadauria - Undrafted FA
RG Adam Timmerman - Packers 7th Rounder F/A Retread
RT Fred Miller - Rams 5th Rounder

This Oline blocked for the GSOT, but I wonder how good they would have looked minus Warner, Martz, Faulk.:whistle:
Were all these guys drafted back when they still wore leather helmets? :p :fighting: ;)

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
3 trades and we're on our way ... trade our 7'th this season and our 7'th in 2016 for Evan Mathis to play LG. Trade down from 10 and pick-up an additional 2'nd. Trade 41 and our new 2'nd to move back into the 1'st.

LT - R0binson
LG - Mathis
C - Erving (1b)
RG - Saffold
RT - Flowers (1a)

(y)

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
3 trades and we're on our way ... trade our 7'th this season and our 7'th in 2016 for Evan Mathis to play LG. Trade down from 10 and pick-up an additional 2'nd. Trade 41 and our new 2'nd to move back into the 1'st.

LT - R0binson
LG - Mathis
C - Erving (1b)
RG - Saffold
RT - Flowers (1a)

(y)
I could live with this......

lockdnram21

Legend
I'd rather we go into the draft with a starting caliber LG/RG and a starting caliber RT...then we do the smart thing and draft based on where the value lies.
i dont see that possible. we could resign Barksdale but would be better to get RT in draft. Would sign Blalock but would draft his replacement like with how Robinson was suppose to take over for joseph

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

LT - R0binson
LG - Mathis
C - Erving (1b)
RG - Saffold
RT - Flowers (1a)

(y)

I'll be highly disappointed if we draft Ereck Flowers in the first round. In a draft class with a lot of raw OTs, he makes the other first round picks look like they're well done to the point of crispy when it comes to pass protection technique.

i dont see that possible. we could resign Barksdale but would be better to get RT in draft. Would sign Blalock but would draft his replacement like with how Robinson was suppose to take over for joseph

You just explained how it's possible. ;)

You sign Barksdale and Blalock to reasonable shorter term deals and then draft their future replacements.

lockdnram21

Legend
I'll be highly disappointed if we draft Ereck Flowers in the first round. In a draft class with a lot of raw OTs, he makes the other first round picks look like they're well done to the point of crispy when it comes to pass protection technique.

You just explained how it's possible. ;)

You sign Barksdale and Blalock to reasonable shorter term deals and then draft their future replacements.
but thats my point i dont like Barksdale at all and Blalock is old

Alan

Legend
jrry32 less than enthusiastic about Flowers:
I don't know much about him and I like Collins and Peat (from what I've read) much better. What round do you think his skills match his value?

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
If the Rams do indeed trade back far enough to attract another 2'nd, i'm not sure who will still be available later in the 1'st. Flowers is a much better version of Barksdale imo, similar size and a badassed run blocker. If the Rams are serious about pursuing our rush attack, they'll be requiring one of the better available rush blockers, Flowers offers this option. While he may not have the speed & footwork of Peat, who is likely the only legitimate LT candidate early in the draft, again, I feel his skills far exceed what we have seen with Barksdale in pass pro, especially his lateral movement. And Peat isn't seen as much of a run blocker by comparison either. Most of the remaining highly ranked OT's are seen as probable NFL OG's. Flowers should be flexible enough to swing inside and outside. I will gladly take Flowers and Erving over Scherrf by himself. jmo.