We can beat the Chefs

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Whoa man can I have some of that Kool Aid , I do sort of agree though we can beat everyone in the league INCLUDING OURSELVES,young damn team learning how to win .

We went up 14-0 on the 49ers, 21-0 on the Cowboys, 14-0 on the Seahawks, scored 20 unanswered against Philly..those are some damn good teams, some of the best in the NFL.

It's not Kool-Aid, it's just what I see. We could have blown all of those teams out if we didn't break down at some points in the game. When we're on our game, we're the best. I do agree about beating ourselves.

iBruce

Pro Bowler
Name
Cory
I'll be there! First game I'll be at all year, but not surprising since I live in KC.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
I think you probably speak for most everyone here and I think it will come .
As far as Davis goes after yesterday against the "Legion of Boom' I can't see how anyone couldn't be sold on the kid until something changes . They have three pro bowl caliber defenders in that secondary and Davis had 3 incomplete passes one drop ,one throwaway ,and one where the defender reached in from behind the rec. IOW none of his incompletes were his fault ,none .
I don't disagree that he performed well yesterday. I see his upside as Alex Smith with more of a gambler's mentality. He performs really well in a system where it's run-first, they establish the run, and he can pick them apart with play-action passing. When he has to run a pass-first offense (like the comeback attempt against SF), I don't think he has the chops. And yes, he did that in the furious comeback vs. Philly, but Philly has no corners.

I don't think Davis is a bad QB per se, but I don't see him as a long-term starter.

As always, I must put in the disclaimer that I've been way wrong before, and hope to whatever spiritual beings happen to be around that he's the guy. But I don't see it as of yet.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
We went up 14-0 on the 49ers, 21-0 on the Cowboys, 14-0 on the Seahawks, scored 20 unanswered against Philly..those are some damn good teams, some of the best in the NFL.

It's not Kool-Aid, it's just what I see. We could have blown all of those teams out if we didn't break down at some points in the game. When we're on our game, we're the best. I do agree about beating ourselves.
Yeah coulda used some Blue Font on the Kool Aid thing but I'm into drinking some right now. You make the precise point I was going to start a thread about ,those leads we jumped out to were not mirages ,and just a few minutes ago Eric Davis cited them as the coaches having the team ready to play,the thing is we get all farts and giggles when we jump out to those leads and lose the edge we came into the game with.
Those leads were IMO against three of the best four teams in the NFC, discounting that is attitude more than reality,at this moment I regard the injury to Chris Long to be a greater detriment to this season than the one to Sam

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
We can beat any team in the NFL if we play well. If we can rattle off two wins in the next two weeks to get back to .500, this team will have some confidence as we push toward the soft part of our schedule.

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'm pretty sure the I-state dumps straight into the place in 2 different areas. But yea, there's still a ton of cars to fight with.
...and a ton of space to tailgate on.

CodeMonkey

I lived in KC for about 5 years and worked at Arrowhead selling and tearing tickets. I used to tell people that there wasn't a bad seat in the house...And, it's true. Arrowhead is a great venue to see a football game. I would actually like a design like that one for our future Ram digs.

Last edited:

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
BTW , we were down 3-0 yesterday not up 14-0,so we "came back ":whistle:

fearsomefour

Legend
They only scored 23 points vs SD.
Always the same with the Chiefs....run the ball, run the ball, look for one or two big plays in the passing game and dont turn the ball over. They want close games at the end. Alex Smith has some skills but he is not a chance taker, he will check down. The key vs. the Chiefs to me is NO BLOWN COVERAGES that lead to gimme scores or huge gains. Smith can run too, not quite like Kaperdoodle or Wilson, but, he can get first downs and make plays. Limit the big plays, win the turnover battle and this is a win.

CodeMonkey

We will need to get ready for Crowd Noise, the Chief's Fan's took the "Loudest Stadium Record" Back from Seattle earlier this year!!
The hits just keep on coming for poor Sheattle fans. It will be loud and there will be BBQ.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
The key to beating KC is limiting Charles. Easier said than done, but I think we can do it. We've limited some great runners this year: AP 75, Murray 100, McCoy 81, Gore 39, Lynch 53.
No Problemo!!

The D is the only thing that has held us back from pulling away from teams like Dallas, SF, and Seattle. We're due for a big day from the D
I think we 'Fix That' this week!

Looking forward to it. Taking the whole family, all 6 of us. Arrowhead is a great venue and the place will be rocking. I expect the whole city to be buzzing from the World Series, and should carry over to Sunday's game.

The formula is the same. Stop the run, get a lead, and play mistake free football. This game is winnable.
I hope we can expect a Report, from you, on what you see in the Gam CoachO!!(y)

CoachO

Hall of Fame
No Problemo!!

I think we 'Fix That' this week!

I hope we can expect a Report, from you, on what you see in the Gam CoachO!!(y)
not sure what there will to be to report, I haven't missed a home game in 16 years, and I think its kinda pointless to report on things that everyone in here can see for themselves while watching, LOL

AZRamsFan93

We absolutely can beat the Chiefs. It will be tough with that crowd. I was also impressed that KC went into SD and beat the 5-1 Chargers by playing keep away in the second half. Our run defense will need to really step up - and this time we need to contain the QB as well.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
I'll tell you this, Charles + Smith < Wilson+ Lynch. Smith won't out run our defense like Wilson did.

How much better is the Chief's OL?

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
not sure what there will to be to report, I haven't missed a home game in 16 years, and I think its kinda pointless to report on things that everyone in here can see for themselves while watching, LOL

I disagree. I started a post requesting reports from people attending the games. There were a few from the first or second games and I like reading them. There are some things that you don't get to see on television.

I read RamFranks report every week. I like the different perspective.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I'll tell you this, Charles + Smith < Wilson+ Lynch. Smith won't out run our defense like Wilson did.

How much better is the Chief's OL?

Based on Seattles Oline play this year, the Chiefs are much better. Reid likes to do a lot of pulling and screens. This line will be a tougher challenge.