Watkins vs Evans? My Scouting Reports!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
I know the Rams won't risk a first round pick on a quarterback. So I don't fret over it. I accept Les and Jeff's judgement.

True Story! Daniel Jeremiah (ex NFL scout and NFL Network Mock draft expert) smiled and looked deep into the TV EYE of the Evil NFL Network camera last Thursday and and exclaimed,

"Want to know how to throw the draft into Kaos Folks? What if the Rams shocked the Entire NFL by picking Johnny Manziel with their #2 Pick!?!" Jeremiah mischievously grinned and glanced, eyes aglitter as he placed the Johnny Manziel Magnet next to the Rams #2 Pick!
and that's one evil eye

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
We all know that the success of a QB in the NFL is not brought about only by his talent, look at the garbage Bradford had to deal with his first few years. Manziel will get drafted by someone and will have a chance to be a good NFL player but his success is not guaranteed any more than anyone else. I would hate to see him picked by the rams there are a lot of other more talented players at positions of need that will make the Rams a better team.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I know the Rams won't risk a first round pick on a quarterback. So I don't fret over it. I accept Les and Jeff's judgement.

True Story! Daniel Jeremiah (ex NFL scout and NFL Network Mock draft expert) smiled and looked deep into the TV EYE of the Evil NFL Network camera last Thursday and and exclaimed,

"Want to know how to throw the draft into Kaos Folks? What if the Rams shocked the Entire NFL by picking Johnny Manziel with their #2 Pick!?!" Jeremiah mischievously grinned and glanced, eyes aglitter as he placed the Johnny Manziel Magnet next to the Rams #2 Pick!

That's because they ran out of things to talk about a long, long time ago.

RamzFanz

Damnit
There is a gigantic anti quarterback smoke screen this year. I think Mel Kiper recently had the Rams taking Bridgewater with our 2nd round pick. Ha ha, there no way Bridgewater falls that far. "Bridgewater Falls!" I like the sound of that. Bridgewater Falls could be a chick flick. Total fiction.
Teddy "Bear" Bridgewater will be drafted before our 13th pick rolls around.

The Battle for Bridgewater Falls

Fixed it :)

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Too bad the Rams are trading up for Clowney or all this talk would be more interesting. (y)
That would be the absolute worst scenario I can think of them doing. Clowney is not the one player that would make them SB contenders and giving away additional picks to get him would just be dumb :rolleyes:

iced

Watkins simply put is not big enough IMO to be the missing piece in our wr group,Evans is and as jrry said:
"Evans isn't Quick. He's a completely different player. He's much more like the player we should have drafted in 2011...Alshon Jeffery."

I don't see it. I think Watkins is a better fit for this offense

lockdnram21

Legend
I respect your opinion but it worries me that you think Watkins is going to pick of YAC on screens like Austin will. One avoids defenders as his primary weapon and the other is Harvin-esque.

I trust you can decipher which is which?

And by having to commit more players to Watkins is only going to, by simple math, relegate less to Tavon.

And for the record, I am not against Evans, I am against him for the Rams because of Quick.

As I have said, if Quick would have panned out and was our #1 stud wr I'd be all for moving down and taking a "chance" on someone else.

As it stands, I wouldn't make that mistake again.

how is Quick a mistake? They said over and over that he was a project that they were g

RamzFanz

Damnit
That would be the absolute worst scenario I can think of them doing. Clowney is not the one player that would make them SB contenders and giving away additional picks to get him would just be dumb :rolleyes:

If Clowney isn't, no one is.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim

Exactly there isn't one player in the draft going to make the Rams SB contenders 3 or 4 great rookies playing out of their minds and yes it is possibly

RamzFanz

Damnit
Exactly there isn't one player in the draft going to make the Rams SB contenders 3 or 4 great rookies playing out of their minds and yes it is possibly

Yes. And, IMHO, Clowney and Watkins are the rookies more likely to be one of those that could play out of their minds. Clowney leading that list.

If you are denying the possibility that a Quinn/Clowney/Long pass rush could be a season changer, then I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh

No offense CGI, but I thought this was the best line: "CGI_Ram would draft a monkey if Bleacher Reports told him to."

This deserves a mention in Best ROD Quotes thread.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Yes. And, IMHO, Clowney and Watkins are the rookies more likely to be one of those that could play out of their minds. Clowney leading that list.

If you are denying the possibility that a Quinn/Clowney/Long pass rush could be a season changer, then I guess we'll just have to wait and see.
We will never know what the difference would be with out them if we have them and not someone else. We also won't know what they might have done with the Rams if they play somewhere else. Production swith some other team will not mean they WOULD have done the same in StL.

Again there is not 1 player in this draft that will make the Rams a SB contender in 2014

RamzFanz

Damnit
We will never know what the difference would be with out them if we have them and not someone else. We also won't know what they might have done with the Rams if they play somewhere else. Production swith some other team will not mean they WOULD have done the same in StL.

Again there is not 1 player in this draft that will make the Rams a SB contender in 2014

Never is. It's a team sport.