WATCH: Derrick Henry doing footwork drills

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

NateDawg122

Pro Bowler

View: https://twitter.com/FootbaIl_Tweets/status/731599335587090432

I'm honestly not surprised. Did no one notice how bad his feet were in college? He has long, skinnier legs with slow feet and terrible lateral agility. I wouldn't have touched him in the 2nd Round. I would take Alex Collins before Henry. Henry needs a great O-line to be good at the next level. Even his power is only evident after he gets moving as he really struggles to break tackles and get YAC at the LOS. The amount of time he has to build momentum is about to get alot shorter too. If his primary hole isn't open he struggles to find space and gain yardage. I thought the Titans made a mistake getting him but we'll see how it plays out.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
Ehhh...I wouldn't read too much into that. I'm sure they're being told to take it slow, and slowing down something natural is hard at first

NateDawg122

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Ehhh...I wouldn't read too much into that. I'm sure they're being told to take it slow, and slowing down something natural is hard at first

I'm not basing my opinion on that video. I watched a lot of film on Henry from his college days and that's where I've made judgement. He may turn out alright but I think he's going to struggle.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Living here in Bama for the last few years I've seen plenty of tide games. Henry will struggle and be used sparingly. Without a big hole to run through and gain momentum he is screwed. He will have some big gains from time to time and power through people, but not as often as the Titans would hope. Wasted pick for them. Would have been way better off grabbing booker a few rounds later. He won't even be a good short yardage back. He's Dickerson's height with Bettis's weight but without eithers ability. Wasted pick.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
It's going to be interesting following the Titans after the trade we made with them. I didn't like their draft myself but who's knows how good or bad their bonanza of picks will turn out.