Was Nick Foles A Bad Fit For Philly?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RAGRam

Pro Bowler
So, did Fisher actually say such a hing or are you going off action/reaction?

action/reaction. If Foles plays worse than Davis (like he did last season) then were fucked regardless of whether Fisher drops him for it or not.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Austin Davis last year, passer rating of 85.1, dropped.

i think it was the endless pick 6s and getting sacked to take the team out of fg range that led to his benching.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
i think it was the endless pick 6s and getting sacked to take the team out of fg range that led to his benching.

That's kinda what I was getting at...

The rating, in and of itself, isn't always indicative of the reaction by the coach... it's how that rating was determined.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
If Foles could push Kelly's guys, guess what he could do to Cignetti who is a rookie Offensive Coordinator. I hope this is Kelly spreading lies about Foles. If true, Rams are freaked.

I can be a bit slow for sure, but I don't really get what you were saying here...

Ram65

Legend
Oh I know you weren't insinuating that he couldn't succeed. Take a look at this horrible quality video of Anderson and see if you can see any similarities. I wasn't saying that they'd have parallel success (or lack thereof). Just that they look a bit alike to me in their mechanics and lumbering scrambling ability.

I see it. They look very very similar.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I can be a bit slow for sure, but I don't really get what you were saying here...
I think he's talking about the riff between Foles and his QB coach. They allegedly didn't care for each other.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
QB rating over 85 is considered drop worthy by Fisher so 80 would have to be seen as a massive failure.
How so?
Sam Bradford rating was 82.6 in Fisher's first full season, and there wasnt any threat of being dropped. Steve McNair only topped 85 2x in his career, and was under 80 2x as well. Not sure what you're driving at here

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
if Foles doesn't like to be coached hard (again assuming, Kelly is not spreading the lie here) Rams are freaked.
I'm really not trying to be a penis or anything... but I never got the impression Fisher was a hard coach.

By all the accounts I've read, he's actually very easy on them ("a player's coach").

So they might be the right combo, no?

MrMotes

Starter
I don't know about being badly coached, in as much as there really hasn't been a wellspring of talent TO coach. Little of both, I suppose. When I say take a look at coaching, I don't mean take a look at OC's or position coaches. I mean take a look at the big kahuna and wonder if his plan is going to ever take us anywhere. But since it's all right as rain this year, it's a moot point.

We're gonna run through this schedule like a buzz saw.

As i've always said, it's hard to expect a lot from the offense with defensive minded HC's like Spags and Fisher (or Rex Ryan). Assuming Bradford and Foles are both healthy, i'd expect the guy playing for Kelly to have a better year than the guy playing for Fisher, doesn't matter which QB is playing for which coach...

ram007

Starter
I'm really not trying to be a penis or anything... but I never got the impression Fisher was a hard coach.

By all the accounts I've read, he's actually very easy on them ("a player's coach").

So they might be the right combo, no?

Who knows what the truth is about Foles. What ever it is, just win!

MrMotes

Starter
Another point...New OC, and new QB...doesn't he at least deserve the time Greg Williams was allowed? Basically a whole season...

We were top 5 in offensive points allowed by our defense in GW's first year. So yeah, give me top 5 in offensive points scored in Cig's first year and i'll put him up there with GW as a coordinator...

RAGRam

Pro Bowler

Fair enough, you don't like the Davis comparison, replace "85" with "84", and replace "drop" with "let walk in free agency without going out of your way to re-sign" either way a passer rating of 80 must be seen as a massive failure.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Bradford is a big upgrade over Foles talent wise. The injury history is what makes it risky and interesting. I think it may be the rare situation where it works out for both teams.

My response was in regards to the author supposing that Bradford is a better fit than Foles for Philly when it comes to pressure. There is no way to tell if Bradford is better suited to a high pressure fandom. I really don't think he is.