Was Hill really hurt?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
There's rumors that Fisher said that because he pulled him. Anyone hear about this? I hope it's wrong and Hill is back next week.

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
I'm saying Hill was pulled why as a fan I'll never know. My jaw dropped on the first possession first snap of the second half. No way Austin Davis was ready. That's why I'm a fan...I don't know shit!

LooNaTik83

It could of been a metaphor. The offense was hurting that is for sure. I shouldn't say more. I am getting red flagged for my honest opinions of factual events of how the offense played in today's game.

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Pain? or injury? Fisher said "uncomfortable" . . . . wow
Like when you tell a slightly naughty joke in the office and that 63 year old file clerk lady gets a little "uncomfortable" and contacts HR.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Hill didn't look too happy on the sideline. Actually, he looked pretty pissed off.
I can't imagine benching a guy you put all of your faith into after 2 quarters of football.

V3

Hall of Fame
I didn't believe the report when I heard it. The expression on Hill's face(as he walked around on the sideline) I interpreted as being furious for being pulled. Who knows?

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
He could have been ticked that he was injured AND ticked that he threw that INT . . . both things could be true at same time, no?

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I suspect that Hill did strain his quad - but felt he could still play. Fisher didn't want to risk losing him for multiple games, especially when the team already was 13 down and scoreless so he pulled him.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
IMO Fisher was looking for a spark, but it did not work. Maybe this is a good thing, IMO, the staff was enamored with the preseason that Davis had. Stick with Hill like you did Clemens for better or worse and right now, it's worse.

Gentlemen we've been down this road before and it's a bitter pill to swallow, however, something hast to happen here because if this keeps up, they won't be able to sell tickets no matter what Kevin Demoff does.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I have no problem whatsoever pulling the QB when you don't have an active franchise QB.
If the offense is inept and you're in danger of getting blown out why not? Davis, Hill, Keenum...none of these guys should feel comfy.
Go out there and produce. Fisher has that right. It's not like he benched a franchise QB.

Rambition

Rookie
I suspect that Hill did strain his quad - but felt he could still play. Fisher didn't want to risk losing him for multiple games, especially when the team already was 13 down and scoreless so he pulled him.
thanks for a sensible take...it can be hard to keep perspective at times like this.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
IF he wasn't injured, then can someone explain to me, why he was walking gingerly along the sideline, and kept getting on the stationary bike to try to loosen up his leg. He was defininitely affected by the injury. But I am guessing, being "the guy" and a competitor, he was trying to do anything he could to get back on the field. My guess is that they didn't want to risk any further injury and lose him for an extended period of time.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

This is what I was thinking. Good post. Fisher knows anything could happen. Hell maybe the team goes all out and wins the next 4 games. You gotta have faith in this team. Because we still have a lot of talent. IMO, that bullshit drive where Quick wasn't penalized on that illegal contact was the end all be all of the game. We score on that drive, which we would have got at least a field goal, the game is completely different.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
I have no problem whatsoever pulling the QB when you don't have an active franchise QB.
If the offense is inept and you're in danger of getting blown out why not? Davis, Hill, Keenum...none of these guys should feel comfy.
Go out there and produce. Fisher has that right. It's not like he benched a franchise QB.

To continue getting reps and developing chemistry. I get your logic if it's December and the team is 1-13 or something.

I think he was injured as he's getting an MRI tomorrow. Why would they lie about that?

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
Congratulations for the rational thinking! (No blue font)

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
He could have been ticked that he was injured AND ticked that he threw that INT . . . both things could be true at same time, no?
Absolutely.
I didn't think Hill played poorly enough to get pulled.
All I know is that Hill was angry.

jap

Legend
IF he wasn't injured, then can someone explain to me, why he was walking gingerly along the sideline, and kept getting on the stationary bike to try to loosen up his leg. He was defininitely affected by the injury. But I am guessing, being "the guy" and a competitor, he was trying to do anything he could to get back on the field. My guess is that they didn't want to risk any further injury and lose him for an extended period of time.

Forget it! This nonsense Is coming from negatively-minded posters who want to imply Fish was lying when he pointed out Shaun was injured.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
To continue getting reps and developing chemistry. I get your logic if it's December and the team is 1-13 or something.

I think he was injured as he's getting an MRI tomorrow. Why would they lie about that?
I don't know the reason he was yanked. I'm saying that i don't necessarily fault Fisher for benching any of these QB's if they aren't getting it done.
Honestly i blame Shotty for not having these guys prepared.