Walking Dead

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Why is it that they drive up to these huge gates, and have to walk in? Why cant they drive in?

I love the show and will continue to watch with trepidation and anticipation, but to me it feels like they are trying too hard to insert symbolism and subconscious angles. I dont watch the show to enhance my mental acuity, I watch mostly so I can turn off the brain and watch simplicity...

And not to get caught up on the time line thing, but Rick has grown a beard, but nobody needs a hair cut?

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Why is it that they drive up to these huge gates, and have to walk in? Why cant they drive in?

I love the show and will continue to watch with trepidation and anticipation, but to me it feels like they are trying too hard to insert symbolism and subconscious angles. I dont watch the show to enhance my mental acuity, I watch mostly so I can turn off the brain and watch simplicity...

And not to get caught up on the time line thing, but Rick has grown a beard, but nobody needs a hair cut?

Yeah Rick keeps a pretty tight do, but I am sure they have scissors. Shaving would be a real hassle though. I don't understand why they cannot drive through the gate either. Aaron could get out and say they are all okay. I know Rick hid the gun because he figures that they would all be disarmed. That way he can eventually retrieve it at a time when he is trusted.

I do like some of the storylines but some are just tiresome.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Thought the episode was alright. But Tyrese deserved a better death. I would say like in the comics but that death was pretty cruel.
Tyrese always bugged me so I actually think his death was too kind in comparison. Guess I'm just a heartless bastard.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I also think that these Zombies that are clothed would be walking around with crap in their pants. They should all have big bumpy butts. Kind of gross but if they want it to be as realistic as possible then it would be that way. Imagine the dump that the zombie that ate Lori would take.

The basis for the zombie idea came from some chicken that had his head cut off and survived for 18 months. The farmer didn't take good aim and the brain stem remained in tact so the body of the chicken did not die. Strange.

Hmmm......so how did the chicken eat or breathe?

I think this is an old wives tale LOL.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Hmmm......so how did the chicken eat or breathe?

I think this is an old wives tale LOL.
Not going to look it up and I think the duration grows every time I hear the tale. The breathing part was probably easy though with no worries about stuffed up sinuses. But if I recall, once the chicken survived for a day or two, they started feeding it somehow. Morbid muthuh fuckuhs.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I'm a bit skeptical....

I remembr when I eas a kid in the 70s, my grandmother telling me about seeing it on television. I didn't believe her but it left an impression and one day about three years ago I looked it up, and there it was.

The brain stem controls the body and it's functions so if it is in tact with a blood supply, it could still keep the body alive. I don't understand how it avoided infection for so long but animals have much better immune systems than we do.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I totally buy it. I've known people that could only wish to be like Mike.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Latest episode opinions:

It seems that something isn't right. There has to be a catch.

First off how does that group that lives inside the Alexandria Safe Zone survive when they seem so dumb? Maybe it is what it seems and the politician woman really does want some survivors to toughen up the residents. They seem like total newbs and two of them wander off to find Rick and his Group, alone. One of them just hangs out outside.

I like Carroll playing dumb. Darryl seems like he is going to take off.

Rick needs to at least keep the stubble.

I liked when Glenn smacked that bitchboy down. Funny stuff.

Sasha seems to be losing her marbles according to the sneak peek.

Who took the gun from the blender? On Talking Dead they speculate it was the exiles. I didn't expect that it would be missing.

Carl has no idea how to pick up chicks.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Something stinks in Denmark and it ain't just rotting corpses. But all is well - the place is run by a politician.

It had to be Glenn and only Glenn to smack the mommy's boy/wannabe Colonel. I can't imagine anyone not thinking, "Drill him Glenn."

I brought dinner. Don't mind me while I gut it on your beautiful veranda.

Sasha hates portraits and doesn't photograph well.

There may be enemies beyond the gates and our group is the Calvary.

Carl's going to get him some before all hell breaks loose. Cagy little shit.

Wish Carol was a hot little strumpet so it would be more entertaining while she plays Suzy homemaker in a flowery little sundress before going gangsta when the shit hits the fan.

WTF Rick? Plotting to be king already?

Tara is fucking useless on the show and in real life and needs to become a 4th meal.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Tara is freaking useless on the show and in real life and needs to become a 4th meal.

Yes Tara is definitely a waste of space on the show.

u watch the Talking Dead this week? FFS - who did she blow? 10 watt bulb right there.

She's the only attractive one on the show, imo, so she'll probably be bitten next. On the Talking Dead episode did anyone else notice her left ear, the only exposed one? It looked like someone bit her there already. Damn! :eek:

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
She's the only attractive one on the show, imo, so she'll probably be bitten next. On the Talking Dead episode did anyone else notice her left ear, the only exposed one? It looked like someone bit her there already. Damn! :eek:

I don't find Tara to be attractive at all. I'd take Rosita all day long though. Tara lacks personality on the show and she isn't getting many lines. She is a nobody right now. It is tough to name one significant trait about her. She has to go.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
I don't find Tara to be attractive at all. I'd take Rosita all day long though.

It's all a matter of personal preference. Rosita is a good looking woman but the hat makes her look dopey. She doesn't get many lines either. That's the fault of the writers, not the fault of the women in question. :fighting:

nnpg79.jpg

bluecoconuts

Legend
I wondering what happens with Tara down the road, she isn't in the comic.

My guess is she takes a comic book death of one of the other characters. They've shown they will switch how they die, and the order of course. With TV the popularity of the characters is more important than the comics. So she likely takes one of their deaths. Darryl isn't in the comics either, but he's become so popular they keep him around.