Walking Dead

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Wash rinse repeat

I said the exact same thing a bit ago. The plot is the same, what changes is the "location" and the threat from the bad guy. Your idea of a cure would be good, and maybe even a super-sanctuary that is bad guy and zombie proof in the mix. Teams of people sent out to find the good guys and kill the bad guys and the Earth ends up populated with only good humans because the "bad guys" all got offed in fights or don't get the cure. Even a jury/panel/committee that can decide based on what is known about a person.

There are options other than what they have been doing for the last 3 or 4 seasons.

They have a good assemblage of producers, directors, writers, etc on this show. I am surprised that they don't see that this is a problem. The presentation is so similar with each dastardly ruthless villain that climbed to power. The message hasn't changed. Is there just no other way to do it? Are the story possibilities exhausted?

Pretty much.............they are stuck in a big rut, I think they have writers block. Some new blood would be helpful. Maybe even have them run into a large group of good guys for a change.

Chappelle......I love this guy.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I said the exact same thing a bit ago. The plot is the same, what changes is the "location" and the threat from the bad guy. Your idea of a cure would be good, and maybe even a super-sanctuary that is bad guy and zombie proof in the mix. Teams of people sent out to find the good guys and kill the bad guys and the Earth ends up populated with only good humans because the "bad guys" all got offed in fights or don't get the cure. Even a jury/panel/committee that can decide based on what is known about a person.

There are options other than what they have been doing for the last 3 or 4 seasons.

Pretty much.............they are stuck in a big rut, I think they have writers block. Some new blood would be helpful. Maybe even have them run into a large group of good guys for a change.

Chappelle......I love this guy.

That SNL skit was epic. You knew Chappelle would deliver and that is just how I could see the whole Negan thing going down. It is hard to take him seriously. He borders on the ridiculous.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
This last group to be introduced has a weird twist to it. In as little as 6?, years, they have forgotten how to speak English. WTF?

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
This last group to be introduced has a weird twist to it. In as little as 6?, years, they have forgotten how to speak English. WTF?

I haven't seen the most recent season since I watch it on Netflix and it isn't there yet but if that's true the show just jumped the shark.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I haven't seen the most recent season since I watch it on Netflix and it isn't there yet but if that's true the show just jumped the shark.

It's hard to listen to. It seems that they are trying to be interesting and running out of ideas. The collectors or scavengers or whatever they are called remind me of what may happen if a bunch of kids were left to fend for themselves and then grow up with broken English. It's not as if they had nobody to talk to.

And when they capture Rick and his group he starts to smile. Forget the immediate danger. He is just thinking about his new army? He didn't know what they would do. It's going down a road called Corny.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
And the funnier thing is that if you look up a timeline, it's only been about 2 years since the outbreak.
http://walkingdead.wikia.com/wiki/The_Walking_Dead_TV_Show_Timeline

Only two years? Well that explains still having gas I guess. You saw my assumption. It doesn't seem possible that the farm, prison, Gov 2.0, Sanctuary, and now Saviors could possibly happen in 2 years time. I want so bad to still love it but Damn they are making it tough.

The whole repeat of Rick being peaceful for his kids was ludicrous. I understood it the first time, when they found the prison, but the second time? And after a dick like Negan just played ball with your friends heads? I think it is time to deviate from the comic. Rick once chewed a guys jugular out while his arms were restrained. That guy doesn't sit back and let Negan takeover. Giving up the guns, because they have an inventory? Burn the book and hide some of the guns! Then go on the attack. They have the warriors and they are smart enough too come up with a strategy like they did the first time.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
. I want so bad to still love it but Damn they are making it tough.
Agree with everything you said, and this just completely defines it for me.
I used to watch religiously with my wife and daughter, but they've completely lost interest. And my nephews who I used to chat with, gave up 2 seasons ago. I'm not sure where the graphic novels lead but the show is just tired
fonzie-shark-jumping.gif

bluecoconuts

Legend
And when they capture Rick and his group he starts to smile. Forget the immediate danger. He is just thinking about his new army? He didn't know what they would do. It's going down a road called Corny.

He smiled because he knew he was in the right place.

He didn't think Father Gabriel left willingly, especially with the note he left Rick in his record book that said "BOAT".. Rick knew it was a reference to the house boat, and they followed a trail from there to the new group. So he knew that he found where Father Gabriel was, and as an added bonus since they didn't kill them he knew he could talk to them. He also knew he had a bargaining chip in terms of the threat from the saviors so that if the other group did go to kill them he could negotiate his way out, which is exactly what he did when they said he was their prisoner.

Only two years? Well that explains still having gas I guess. You saw my assumption. It doesn't seem possible that the farm, prison, Gov 2.0, Sanctuary, and now Saviors could possibly happen in 2 years time.

Yeah, the timeline is what confuses me

In the Walking Dead game, first season you meet Glen for a little while before he runs off, early in the outbreak, as in the first few days, you also meet with Herschel at his farm early on as well (but no Maggie).. Later in season 3, which is set 4 years after the outbreak you meet up with Jesus as he is on his way to a different community.. It gets weird, because the comics has Jesus and it's currently 4 years since the outbreak then.. Which means the video game is sometime in the same year, and Jesus has left for some reason Which means either the video game group will join Rick or Jesus leaves Rick sometime. Either that or it's all going to be non cannon and that's pretty fucking gay.

Rynie

Cowboys rudeboy.
Name
Rynie
An entire episode that went nowhere. The CGI deer was 1990's bad, and there is not reasonable explanation as to why/how a bunch of civilians are in a carnival with armed soldiers. "something serious happened here" was as close as it got. Lazy, lazy writing.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
Well so much for this being a post for people on the forum who enjoy watching the program can discuss it. All we have now is people who wanna complain and claim sharks have been jumped and state they no longer watch.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well so much for this being a post for people on the forum who enjoy watching the program can discuss it. All we have now is people who wanna complain and claim sharks have been jumped and state they no longer watch.
So criticizing posters for their opinions is more productive than discussing the show?

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
An entire episode that went nowhere. The CGI deer was 1990's bad, and there is not reasonable explanation as to why/how a bunch of civilians are in a carnival with armed soldiers. "something serious happened here" was as close as it got. Lazy, lazy writing.

agreed.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

Well, seems there aren't anymore people saying it is great anymore. What does that tell you?

Maybe if it was still delivering there would still be a positive vibe. Like Rynie said- "Lazy, lazy writing"

And more than anything we are all just expressing our disappointment from seeing a show we loved go down the tubes.

Rynie

Cowboys rudeboy.
Name
Rynie
I've missed the last 2 episodes, so basically I haven't missed anything. Right?