Wagoner on Jenkins: You Don't See Him Growing Up --101ESPN

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

apatl187

UDFA
This is bs. When we drafted him all u heard was what a problem this guy is.got kicked outta college blah blah. He's been reliable.durable and no of the field issues.he comes up and tackles...Ya he'll get burned every now and then but overall he's been a good addition from day 1--Wagoner I'd just butt hurt he didn't speak to media. Who cares when he was ready he came out and addressed the issue.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
Uh...he also saved a TD in the Seattle game.
Don't remember if they scored anyway tho.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
Uh...he also saved a TD in the Seattle game.
Don't remember if they scored anyway tho.
They did not. His hustle and refusal to quit on that play helped hold them to a FG.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
Jenkins is a on/off guy to me. Either he does well, or awful. Problem is, he's been burned for more times than he's made a play when he gambles. Most of the great stuff we talk about he did 2 years ago. I give him credit for his pick 6 this year, but he's had 6 ints in 37 games, with 4 of those occurring in the first 15 games. He's a good CB, with potential to be great, but he's a poor gambler. And not a very good judge of when it's appropriate to gamble. Sometimes reminds me of Dexter McLeon. Tight coverage on 1st and 2nd down, gives up 3rd and 18 completion.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Lets see here, Rams have only 3 healthy CB's on this team now?........Rookie Gaines, Rookie Roberson..& 3rd yr CB Jenkins...then there's safety Rookie Joyner starting in the Nickle........looks like JJ has a load to carry right now to me.

Last edited:

fastcat

Pro Bowler
We also have that guy from Miami at cb he is in his 2nd year I believe. I like jenkins but he does seem to get beat for a long td once every other game tho. It was said on espn radio that if u look on his twitter and instagram you can tell he isn't 100% focused on football. And they assumed that since he had success his rookie yr he isn't working that hard. That being said I expect him to have a big year in the final year of his contract

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
Jenkins is a on/off guy to me. Either he does well, or awful. Problem is, he's been burned for more times than he's made a play when he gambles. Most of the great stuff we talk about he did 2 years ago. I give him credit for his pick 6 this year, but he's had 6 ints in 37 games, with 4 of those occurring in the first 15 games. He's a good CB, with potential to be great, but he's a poor gambler. And not a very good judge of when it's appropriate to gamble. Sometimes reminds me of Dexter McLeon. Tight coverage on 1st and 2nd down, gives up 3rd and 18 completion.

Totally agree. I do believe however that good free safetyies make a CB look a lot better, and JJ has never had ANY safety support.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
We've lived with his worst , he's gotten better regardless what naysayers say, and he will grow ,lead the team in tackles Sunday BTW ,if i had my way he'd be better than he is but he's better than many we've started over the years ,Ogletree though acts like he's sleepwalking l;ately

fancents86

Starter
JJ has done a lot better considering his sophomore appearance. Especially with his tackling. He consistently tries to wrap up players instead of using brute force and spearing them like last season. I like the guy, and with time I believe he will be a force.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Funny. Here is a kid that everyone knew was a little on the immature side learning a system with his third DC in as many years and he's not growing up like Wagoner would like? Jenks will be fine. And he will continue to learn. Fact is that he has the talent that you can work with.

Oh... BTW... poor media didn't get to ask him the same question ten times. Yeah - THAT means about nothing. The media thinks WAY to highly of the media.