Wagoner/JT Tweets: Austin Practices--Barrett Jones Getting Close

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend

Nick Wagoner @nwagoner

FWIW, OL Barrett Jones was in uniform and helmet doing work on the side during practice. Spoke to him after, he's close to return.

QB Shaun Hill (thigh/calf) was a full participant.

Wednesday's injury report: CB Johnson (knee), OL B. Jones (back), CB McGee (foot) did not practice. WR Austin (knee) was limited.

Fisher said he began leaning to Davis after Tampa game. Dallas game sealed it but he wanted to get Davis more work on bye before finalizing.

Davis not allowing himself to get caught up in his new role. Did say it's helpful to know that Fisher won't have quick hook for mistakes.

Hill said he kind of saw writing on the wall last week in practice. He is healthy and will be ready to be the backup moving forward.

QB Shaun Hill taking demotion about as well as can be expected. Acknowledged frustration but said he'll do what he can to help Davis.

Back from locker room, for those who missed it, Jeff Fisher named Austin Davis his starter for now and moving forward.

=========
Jim Thomas @jthom1

Official injury report now out. WR Tavon Austin listed as limited. CBs Johnson and McGree (DNP); QB Shaun Hill (full); C/G B. Jones (DNP).

CBs Trumaine Johnson (knee) and Brandon McGee (foot) still not practicing.

C/G Barrett Jones (back) does some work in individual drills.

QB Shaun HIll (quad) is full-go at practice Wednesday, albeit as the backup QB.

WR Tavon Austin (knee) returns to practice for Rams.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
McGee & Tru......EJ Gaines needs to step up his play or give Roberson a chance....McLeod too, although I'd rather see TJ & Mo as the safeties .....just a feeling.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I was hoping too ... but with that type of injury, I was prepared for it to take a little longer. He is gonna need to get into game shape before he plays too.
I hope he's ready to go from wee#6 on, That's the rough part of the 8 game stretch!!

dbrooks25

Pro Bowler
Yeah, Fisher said on his show that Tru was still a couple of weeks away.

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
Who's on first?

moklerman

Warner-phile
Has Tavon played while AD has been the starter at QB? I'm anxious to see if AD can keep spreading the ball around and busting Tavon loose like last year against Indy and Chicago.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Has Tavon played while AD has been the starter at QB? I'm anxious to see if AD can keep spreading the ball around and busting Tavon loose like last year against Indy and Chicago.

When Tavon does come back into this offense I would think teams can't really focus him like they have. Quick has become such a factor, and Cook is playing well, plus Britt and potentially Bailey as well... Yeah man, at some point Tavon is going to find himself getting opportunity for 2-3 big plays in just about every game if this offense keeps moving the chains and Davis keeps spreading it around.

It's exciting stuff to actually have hopes to see continued offensive improvement. Can't wait to see these guys in Philly, and how they handle themselves.

JIMERAMS

Pro Bowler
Name
Bill
Would like to see Cody at FS for one game to see what he has. McLeod has not been playing well. Also would love to see GR at LG and saffold at RG soon

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
I was beginning to wonder if Barrett Jones would ever play a down for this team. Maybe now we can see what all the fuss was about.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
I was beginning to wonder if Barrett Jones would ever play a down for this team. Maybe now we can see what all the fuss was about.
Who are you going to sit to play him? I think continuity is more important at this point than seeing him play.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
Who are you going to sit to play him? I think continuity is more important at this point than seeing him play.

That's my whole point. So far it's been hype and injuries. When I said see him play, I meant just put on some pads and practice.

A320driver

Rookie

Man are you ever spot on...So far it has been a wasted roster spot.

TShram03

UDFA
With the wat Scott Wells has looked this year I'm very eager to Jones (or anyone else for that matter) get a look at center