Vinny on TST with Josh Webb

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RAMBUSH

Starter
Would be a very nice surprise. I doubt he sticks as one of our best five though. IMO Jamon Brown will beat someone out, and he comes with flexibility inside/outside. IF somehow Brown ends up being the first guy off the bench, this OL is going to be something.
All I know is grob got all the tools , I believe he has the heart. Let's see what happens. I never thought it possible but you guys got me really exited about our o line.

fearsomefour

Legend
Would be a very nice surprise. I doubt he sticks as one of our best five though. IMO Jamon Brown will beat someone out, and he comes with flexibility inside/outside. IF somehow Brown ends up being the first guy off the bench, this OL is going to be something.
Based on past performance I would project Brown not making the cut.
What gives you such confidence in him?

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
9) Enormous Oline. Positively scary huge.
Robert Quinn mentioned this^ in an interview with Farr, It sounds like they are going to be a Nasty Group! which is ...

3qaitle.jpg

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I didn't listen to the entire thing due to the grating quality of the recording and main dude's voice.
LOL, I thought the same when I first heard Josh....Another guy has a bad voice too....

Based on past performance I would project Brown not making the cut.
What gives you such confidence in him?
Jamon Brown came into the league with many veteran coaches saying he looked like a future pro-bowler....Then he started switching sides, left to right guard...then he had a terrible leg injury when chasing down a defender following an int. I think he can return to his previous levels myself. Again, he appears to be a pretty good athlete in need of good coaching.

Ram65

Legend
15) Everett is as advertised; fast and sudden, can get open at any level.

Very encouraging. Also said he can make an impact this year.

18) Thinks in the longer run Reynolds is going to be a dangerous and productive WR. Needs to get his body better, and just learn.

Reports are he will have a hard time adding weight to his frame. IIRC in a video he said he was at 194 Lbs. I guess getting his body better is getting stronger. Hope he does because with his 6'3" height, long arms and hops he is a much need end zone target.

13) Don't count out Spruce. He's healthy. And he had the team made last year if not for the injury. McVays type of WR.

21) McVay's passing game all about timing, route running, being in the right place at the right time. Kupp, Woods, and Spruce perfectly fit that description. And, they have terrific hands.....ball won't hit the ground very often.

Mentioned that Spruce was on the field with Kupp at the same time too. I found that very interesting. Spruce living close to the facility and having all last season to get stronger leads me to think he could play outside. He won't get deep but, find the open zones and make plays. The way McVay bunches the WR would help him too.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/draft-pff-scouting-report-nelson-spruce-wr-colorado/
Below is the PFF draft profile for Colorado receiver Nelson Spruce, which incorporates PFF’s college grades and scouting intel from our team of analysts. To see all of PFF’s 2016 scouting reports, click here.

Position fit:
Spent 809 of his 912 snaps at outside wide receiver, but did have success on 95 snaps from the slot, so has some versatility.

fearsomefour

Legend
LOL, I thought the same when I first heard Josh....Another guy has a bad voice too....

Jamon Brown came into the league with many veteran coaches saying he looked like a future pro-bowler....Then he started switching sides, left to right guard...then he had a terrible leg injury when chasing down a defender following an int. I think he can return to his previous levels myself. Again, he appears to be a pretty good athlete in need of good coaching.
He was pretty bad anytime he was on the field regardless of side.
I hope you are right. It would seem he has a long way to go to get there but, maybe a lot of it was coaching.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I hope you are right. It would seem he has a long way to go to get there but, maybe a lot of it was coaching.
When I saw guys in the pool at Irvine, in the middle of training camp, in what should be "hell week"...and Jamon was floating around in a noodle....I thought, this is the WORST motivational tool EVER for young players....just breeds lackadaisical work habits...coaching will get this guy going...I like Donnall & Brown as backups...cause if/once they get their shot, I doubt they come out of the game.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well one thing's for sure: IF they get GRob going at RT he and Havenstein are going to be a downright nasty run blocking right side.

fearsomefour

Legend
When I saw guys in the pool at Irvine, in the middle of training camp, in what should be "hell week"...and Jamon was floating around in a noodle....I thought, this is the WORST motivational tool EVER for young players....just breeds lackadaisical work habits...coaching will get this guy going...I like Donnall & Brown as backups...cause if/once they get their shot, I doubt they come out of the game.
Brown had a shot.
100 miles to go.
But, the depth all along the O line is wide open.

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame

That crossed my mind as well CHAMP... I know it was a bit of a reality sports TV show but as several ROD members have mentioned before, the Fisher County Club persona was a real thing.

I would get irritated how Fish coddled his players with rest and forfeiting some of his mandatory mini camps. :banghead:

Rams lone NFL team to forgo mandatory mini-camp
Published on Jun. 8, 2015

Rams coach Jeff Fisher has always been one to march to the beat of his own drum. As a former player, he understands the limits of what can be accomplished during non-contact practices.

That is the main reason Fisher declined to hold a minicamp, which is a decision he's made in the past. The Rams have 10 days of organized team activities scheduled between June 2 and June 19. Fisher doesn't think an additional minicamp is necessary.
http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/new...otas-training-camp/1ai9bzyxdhmk71oli2jlv6cu0u

999999-086622575928.jpg

signs_a-e_360-580x199.png

tomas

Pro Bowler
Name
tomas
Some highlights because of the length of the podcast and this courtesy of RockRam off the herd.

First, these are just the ones I remember.
Second, I think Vinny B. is every bit as much a go-to and authentic source as Randy K was in St. Louis. Level headed, knowledgeable.

1) McVay has brought in a terrific staff and they are first and foremost teachers. Positive attitudes and styles; no running down the players. And for the first time in years, development is the goal. Whatever the potential is of the offensive players is going to be brought out by this staff.
2) In Fisher's time, development was an afterthought.
3) In Fisher's time, it was crazy how they brought Goff in and then did NOTHING to help him. First year OC who had NEVER worked with QBs. A QB coach who had extremely limited experience in coaching QBs. WRs who simply did not run good routes and didn't catch the ball. Horrid Oline.
4) Other teams had no respect for the Rams passing game and so designed their D's to stop #30. And they did.
5) McVay clearly was wise (and humble) in bringing in Phillips and simply turning over the D to him, because McVay had no usable experience in running Ds.
6) Whitworth just a huge addition. He changes the locker room culture, is a vocal leader, and is a guy who takes the Oline to another level all by himself.
7) Joe Sullivan is really smart and is good Center. The only thing will be if he can stay healthy. Big upgrade.
8) GRob's biggest problem was lack of confidence. He has all the tools. RT is a chance to gain confidence. Wants to be good; really cares.
9) Enormous Oline. Positively scary huge.
10) Jamon Brown is also getting work at RT (they're not moving Havenstein around).
11) Goff looks entirely different. He is bigger, more vocal, more in charge, confident body language.
12) Woods will help the running game as much as the passing game; a superb blocking WR. A precise route runner with excellent hands.
13) Don't count out Spruce. He's healthy. And he had the team made last year if not for the injury. McVays type of WR.
14) Higbee is going to be a big part of the offense.
15) Everett is as advertised; fast and sudden, can get open at any level.
16) Joyner is going to be a good fit at FS. Hits a ton for guy who looks too little to do that.
17) Vinny feels like the Rams found someone special in McVay; a young energetic guy, but an "old soul". Mature and wise way beyond his years. Brings an entire new vibe to the team.
18) Thinks in the longer run Reynolds is going to be a dangerous and productive WR. Needs to get his body better, and just learn.
19) Lots of good RB candidates to back up Gurley.
20) Some question as to whether Gurley fits with McVay's offense. But the drafting of a FB shows that the Rams are serious about giving Gurley every opportunity to shine. The type of FB has to be versatile in McVay's offense, and that's why this pick of Rogers who is good receiver out of the backfield.
21) McVay's passing game all about timing, route running, being in the right place at the right time. Kupp, Woods, and Spruce perfectly fit that description. And, they have terrific hands.....ball won't hit the ground very often.
tumblr_o879rvyI3E1ql6i9zo1_500.gif
tumblr_nvtis0YPIL1u7t71ro1_400.gif

tomas

Pro Bowler
Name
tomas
He was pretty bad anytime he was on the field regardless of side.
I hope you are right. It would seem he has a long way to go to get there but, maybe a lot of it was coaching
NFL worst football program

Sportsed

Pro Bowler
That crossed my mind as well CHAMP... I know it was a bit of a reality sports TV show but as several ROD members have mentioned before, the Fisher County Club persona was a real thing.

I would get irritated how Fish coddled his players with rest and forfeiting some of his mandatory mini camps. :banghead:

Rams lone NFL team to forgo mandatory mini-camp
Published on Jun. 8, 2015

Rams coach Jeff Fisher has always been one to march to the beat of his own drum. As a former player, he understands the limits of what can be accomplished during non-contact practices.

That is the main reason Fisher declined to hold a minicamp, which is a decision he's made in the past. The Rams have 10 days of organized team activities scheduled between June 2 and June 19. Fisher doesn't think an additional minicamp is necessary.
http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/new...otas-training-camp/1ai9bzyxdhmk71oli2jlv6cu0u

999999-086622575928.jpg

signs_a-e_360-580x199.png

And then we go out and get shutout in the first game of the season.......it's no wonder Jeff Fisher lost his job.