Vikings WR Jerome Simpson will miss Rams game

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Jerome Simpson suspended three games for substance abuse
Posted by Darin Gantt on August 29, 2014, 11:53 AM EDT
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...on-suspended-three-games-for-substance-abuse/

x350-1210-e1354032687953.jpg
Reuters

The Vikings have one less cut to make to get to the 53-man roster limit, at least for the next three weeks.

According to Adam Schefter of ESPN, wide receiverJerome Simpson will be suspended for the first three games of the season.

Simpson had appealed to the league after getting a DUI in November, and failing to submit to a chemical test.

While it was his first alcohol-related violation, he had previously been suspended three games for violating the substance abuse policy in 2012.

Simpson has slid down the depth chart behind some younger options, and it will be interesting to see whether or how long the Vikings hold onto him.

lockdnram21

Legend
They still got Patterson, Jennings, Wright, and Rudolph. Aw Yea they got AP so I think they a be ok. This is going to be a good opening test for our defense.

Jwise1727

UDFA
I will always remember that flip into the endzone against Arizona. That was definitely a WOW play.

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
Jerome Simpson went to jail for 15 days on drug felony charges because he had 2.5lbs of Marijuana shipped to his house. If I recall correctly, he was suspended 3 games for that one and now has been suspended 3 games for a DUI. I'm not quite sure I understand how the substance abuse penalties work.

iced

Jerome Simpson went to jail for 15 days on drug felony charges because he had 2.5lbs of Marijuana shipped to his house. If I recall correctly, he was suspended 3 games for that one and now has been suspended 3 games for a DUI. I'm not quite sure I understand how the substance abuse penalties work.
It's kinda like Obamacare - no one really knows how it truly works

Alan

Legend
iced an obvious Fox news watcher:
It's kinda like Obamacare - no one really knows how it truly works
Feel free to PM me with any questions you might have as two of my sons and one of my neighbors are lucky enough to have it. I'd tell you to contact them but it's hard to understand what they're saying because of the huge smiles plastered across their faces. :)

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
I'm not sure I should say this but..............

giphy.gif

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave

I believe RG just wings it and makes up the penalties on a case by case basis. He doesnt want to set a precedence and have to suspend 1 of his golden boys for a min of 4 games due to some precedence that was set the first time a player violated the personal conduct code.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I have Cordarrelle Patterson on my fantasy team....but also the Rams D...and I love the rams....but I also love money....sometimes fantasy football sucks :confused:

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
I have Cordarrelle Patterson on my fantasy team....but also the Rams D...and I love the rams....but I also love money....sometimes fantasy football sucks :confused:

So Patterson can have like 100 yards, no TDs. And the rams d can shut out the run game and the other receivers. Pick off the QB a few times, get a handful of sacks and we're good. You get like 10 points from Patterson and the d still kills for you.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So Patterson can have like 100 yards, no TDs. And the rams d can shut out the run game and the other receivers. Pick off the QB a few times, get a handful of sacks and we're good. You get like 10 points from Patterson and the d still kills for you.
That would be ideal. what are the chances lol? I also have Tavon as my flex so im gonna need a big game out of him too...Am I asking too much now ?:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
That would be ideal. what are the chances lol? I also have Tavon as my flex so im gonna need a big game out of him too...Am I asking too much now ?:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Well Tavon wont do much in the passing game right away, but he's gonna return a kick for a TD. Do you get points for that in your league? Haha. I actually have Tavon too, hes my rookie keeper. Gonna stash him in the flex spot for me as well.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well Tavon wont do much in the passing game right away, but he's gonna return a kick for a TD. Do you get points for that in your league? Haha. I actually have Tavon too, hes my rookie keeper. Gonna stash him in the flex spot for me as well.
Yeah that's the great thing, in my league special teams TD's count for the defense and the player who scored. So if Tavon takes one to the house I get 6 for his td, 6 for a defensive td, and points for the return yardage. Hoping to see plenty of Punt return TD's this year.

And I would not let him go in a keeper league. Kid is going to be a STAR sooner rather than later

iced

Feel free to PM me with any questions you might have as two of my sons and one of my neighbors are lucky enough to have it. I'd tell you to contact them but it's hard to understand what they're saying because of the huge smiles plastered across their faces. :)

Lol

closest thing to a news channel that I watch is NFL Network :cool:

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I believe RG just wings it and makes up the penalties on a case by case basis. He doesnt want to set a precedence and have to suspend 1 of his golden boys for a min of 4 games due to some precedence that was set the first time a player violated the personal conduct code.

actually all of the substance abuse and DUI issues are dealt with and mandated by the CBA and nothing the Commissioner can do or say has anything to do with any of it

it is predisposed by the players union

I am NOT a big fan of Goodell but I just don't like to see him being taken to task for things that he has nothing to do with at all........ and suspensions for almost any kind of drugs are already written into the CBA and that's just how it is.