Vikings Stadium; Purple Heaven

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/look-the-new-vikings-stadium-is-unofficially-purple-heaven/

The official name of the Vikings' new stadium is U.S. Bank Stadium. Its unofficial name is a bit catchier.

Say hello to your new stadium, Vikings fans. Welcome to Purple Heaven:

In addition to the obvious connection to the Vikings' primary color, the name also pays tribute to Prince, who passed away in April at the age of 57. Prince, who hailed from Minnesota, called himself a Vikings fan, as the team noted in their response to his death.

The construction of U.S. Bank Stadium, the newest NFL stadium, was completed earlier in June. As 247 Sports pointed out, it's the only stadium that features LED lights, which are prominently on display in the photo above. According to the Vikings' website, the cost of the lights totaled $1.3 million with the overall budget exceeding $1 billion.

Minnesota will host Super Bowl LII in 2018, giving the stadium a chance to show off those lights on the largest stage.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
Or they could have taken a page from the Edward Jones dome, and made their seats the color of one of their opponents. How about green and yellow seats in MN?

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Or they could have taken a page from the Edward Jones dome, and made their seats the color of one of their opponents. How about green and yellow seats in MN?

Most people tend to forget the dome was being built to lure an expansion team and no team colours were known at that time.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I mean,,, what other color would a Viqueen want to wear. Well, pink would probably be their 1st choice,,, but purple is a very close 2nd.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
image.jpg

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/look-the-new-vikings-stadium-is-unofficially-purple-heaven/

The official name of the Vikings' new stadium is U.S. Bank Stadium. Its unofficial name is a bit catchier.

Say hello to your new stadium, Vikings fans. Welcome to Purple Heaven:

In addition to the obvious connection to the Vikings' primary color, the name also pays tribute to Prince, who passed away in April at the age of 57. Prince, who hailed from Minnesota, called himself a Vikings fan, as the team noted in their response to his death.

The construction of U.S. Bank Stadium, the newest NFL stadium, was completed earlier in June. As 247 Sports pointed out, it's the only stadium that features LED lights, which are prominently on display in the photo above. According to the Vikings' website, the cost of the lights totaled $1.3 million with the overall budget exceeding $1 billion.

Minnesota will host Super Bowl LII in 2018, giving the stadium a chance to show off those lights on the largest stage.

My Favorite Vikings memories ..
1%20Roger%20Brown,%20DT.jpg

Olsen vs Viks.jpg
Olsen74.jpg
VikingsRams60s.jpg
$_35.jpg

Leuzer

Daniel Leu
IMO their stadium looks really awesome. As of now, this is my favorite stadium in the NFL.

Until the Rams build theirs.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
IMO their stadium looks really awesome. As of now, this is my favorite stadium in the NFL.

If I was a Vikings fan I would (shoot myself, obviously) absolutely love it.

I'm a lighting director for concerts and events. The stadium is pairing the atmosphere of a big production with the energy of an NFL game. It's amazing to me how much something like this can alter the mood or vibe of an experience

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
Most people tend to forget the dome was being built to lure an expansion team and no team colours were known at that time.

I know that wasn't the intent, but they needed to do something, every time we played the whiners or the chiefs, it looked like most of the seats were filled with the enemy.

Rynie

Cowboys rudeboy.
Name
Rynie

Mine too. I am going there December 1st for Cowboys/Viqueens Thursday night game.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Purple would have been good had they had the cajones to build an outdoor venue. Since it's indoor they definitely need more pink.

If I lived in Minnesota I'd be seriously pi$$ed about it not being outdoors.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not that it matters, but I remember reading that the red seats were not meant for an expansion team, it was meant for the Patriots. At the time of construction of the TWA Dome, New England and the Patriots were not agreeing on a new stadium, and the city guessed their new new team would be the Patriots.....lol

Rynie

Cowboys rudeboy.
Name
Rynie
Purple would have been good had they had the cajones to build an outdoor venue. Since it's indoor they definitely need more pink.

If I lived in Minnesota I'd be seriously pi$$ed about it not being outdoors.
You're loco, Holmes. Who wants to sit in -5° to watch a game? Same reason I'm glad Cowboys stadium is indoors. Getting sunburnt in September and stewing some swamp-ass is not fun.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Not that it matters, but I remember reading that the red seats were not meant for an expansion team, it was meant for the Patriots. At the time of construction of the TWA Dome, New England and the Patriots were not agreeing on a new stadium, and the city guessed their new new team would be the Patriots.....lol

True story......you know your history. Patriots could have been in STL.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Was prince really a vikings fan? He doesn't seem like the kind of guy that watched sport. Between all the thousands of songs he was producing, all the touring and thousands of women he was screwing i don't think he had time to do anything else.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Was prince really a vikings fan? He doesn't seem like the kind of guy that watched sport. Between all the thousands of songs he was producing, all the touring and thousands of women he was screwing i don't think he had time to do anything else.

Well, he's definately from Minneapolis. Eddie Murphy's brother Charlie hangs out with celebrities, which many of his exploits were featured on the Dave Chappelle Show...One of which was ane xtremely funny one about Prince and his guys playing against Charlie Murphy and his crew. Prince was very competitive and was a good basketball player, despite his heigth, according to Murphy. So no, it doesn't surprise me that Mr Purple Rain was a Purple People Eater fan....