Vikings at Rams | Pre-Game Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

MauiRam

Rookie
Ahh great, thanks for the heads up. Anyone else have some advice
The advice about the Drury Inn is spot on. I'll try and embellish it a little: First off if you are a Viking fan, I don't know how to get autographs from visiting teams. If you are a Ram fan, get to the Ed at least an hour early on game day as "security" will be setting up mobile barricade sections early on . The protected corridor goes from the "secret parking deck" (where Ram players park) to the main entrance of the Edward Jones Dome. (Approximately 20 feet from one side to the other, and maybe 100 feet long) The players obviously arrive well before the game starts. The earlier you arrive, the better position you get - like leaning right up against the barricade. In my experience, the best chance for autographs is after the game (use the same procedure, as about 45 minutes to an hour after the game the players have showered, dressed and will exit.) You can get autographs both arriving and leaving, but guys like Chris Long and Bradford often tell fans upon entering - "we'll sign after the game." If you have kids, and some Ram gear, your chances will be much increased. The players always seem to favor the kids. Bring your camera by all means!

If you haven't already set your accommodations in stone, I highly recommend the Drury Inn. Just make sure it is the one next to the Ed, as there is more than one establishment. Free Happy Hour and free all you can eat breakfast for registered guests. If you go overboard with the free libations, the next day it's only a few hundred feet to the main entrance of the Ed. There is a decent Italian Restaurant on the ground floor and a cozy little bar as well. If you are feeling more adventurous, the famous Laclede's Landing district is only a couple of blocks away. Lots of little restaurants and watering holes along original cobblestone streets going right down to the Mississippi River. The Drury isn't exactly a 5 star luxury hotel, but it's relatively clean and the folks there are friendly - many of the staff have worked there for years.

If you are a Viking fan, and you want Viking autographs, my advice would be to ask the owner of the Italian Restaurant on the ground floor adjacent to the Drury main lobby if he's available. He can possibly help get you Cardinal baseball tickets too should you wish.

If nothing else, try the Toasted Ravioli. It isn't a great favorite of mine, but it tastes astonishingly better when I'm toasted as well. Cheers & good luck !!

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
What does you vagina say?

LMFAO ROTFL
If I posted this I'd be harassed by the mods endlessly " respect people and stuff" blah blah... but it is you...
Hey guys first post. My wife and I are coming in from out of town to watch the game. I was wondering if any of you had suggestions on where to park and where you might be able to get close enough to get autographs (from either team). Thanks in advance.
Yes best advice I can tell you as Maui below said after the game get outside and the brick building next to the stadium is the parking garage for the players. They will set up metal fences and the players walk through and sign autographs. It's so cool! shook Chris long's hand and Bradford signed my brothers jersey

my first proper game as a Rams supporter! I'm gonna drink loads of coffee and snuggle up under some blankets for 5am KO (I'm so manly)

I'm having minor surgery done this Wednesday - silver lining is, Monday off work!

this is gonna be like the Battle of Edington...

you a UK fan? Nice! Welcome to the wild side of fandom baby! OOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!

P.S. GOOD LUCK ON YOUR SURGERY

The advice about the Drury Inn is spot on. I'll try and embellish it a little: First off if you are a Viking fan, I don't know how to get autographs from visiting teams. If you are a Ram fan, get to the Ed at least an hour early on game day as "security" will be setting up mobile barricade sections early on . The protected corridor goes from the "secret parking deck" (where Ram players park) to the main entrance of the Edward Jones Dome. (Approximately 20 feet from one side to the other, and maybe 100 feet long) The players obviously arrive well before the game starts. The earlier you arrive, the better position you get - like leaning right up against the barricade. In my experience, the best chance for autographs is after the game (use the same procedure, as about 45 minutes to an hour after the game the players have showered, dressed and will exit.) You can get autographs both arriving and leaving, but guys like Chris Long and Bradford often tell fans upon entering - "we'll sign after the game." If you have kids, and some Ram gear, your chances will be much increased. The players always seem to favor the kids. Bring your camera by all means!

If you haven't already set your accommodations in stone, I highly recommend the Drury Inn. Just make sure it is the one next to the Ed, as there is more than one establishment. Free Happy Hour and free all you can eat breakfast for registered guests. If you go overboard with the free libations, the next day it's only a few hundred feet to the main entrance of the Ed. There is a decent Italian Restaurant on the ground floor and a cozy little bar as well. If you are feeling more adventurous, the famous Laclede's Landing district is only a couple of blocks away. Lots of little restaurants and watering holes along original cobblestone streets going right down to the Mississippi River. The Drury isn't exactly a 5 star luxury hotel, but it's relatively clean and the folks there are friendly - many of the staff have worked there for years.

If you are a Viking fan, and you want Viking autographs, my advice would be to ask the owner of the Italian Restaurant on the ground floor adjacent to the Drury main lobby if he's available. He can possibly help get you Cardinal baseball tickets too should you wish.

If nothing else, try the Toasted Ravioli. It isn't a great favorite of mine, but it tastes astonishingly better when I'm toasted as well. Cheers & good luck !!

good post

WOwolfOL

UDFA

I am a Vikings fan and my wife is a Rams fan. I root for the Rams when they aren't playing the Vikings. I was hoping to try to get Vikings autographs before the game and Rams autographs afterward. I'm assuming the away team usually stays in the Drury Inn since its across the street? I'm thinking I might just go sit out front of the hotel at like 9 or 10 to see if I can get a couple autographs and then after the game see if I can get some Rams autographs for my wife. I actually I am disabled and it makes hard for me to walk long distances so I'll probably be having my wife push me around in my wheelchair so I'm sure I won't have trouble getting noticed and getting players to stop ;). This game is going to be a close one and I'm really looking forward to it. Football is back.

Does anyone have any recommendation on handicap parking? Is there street parking around the stadium at all. I'm pretty sure MO is like IL in that with a handicap parking placard you can park on the street for free.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I am a Vikings fan and my wife is a Rams fan. I root for the Rams when they aren't playing the Vikings. I was hoping to try to get Vikings autographs before the game and Rams autographs afterward. I'm assuming the away team usually stays in the Drury Inn since its across the street? I'm thinking I might just go sit out front of the hotel at like 9 or 10 to see if I can get a couple autographs and then after the game see if I can get some Rams autographs for my wife. I actually I am disabled and it makes hard for me to walk long distances so I'll probably be having my wife push me around in my wheelchair so I'm sure I won't have trouble getting noticed and getting players to stop ;). This game is going to be a close one and I'm really looking forward to it. Football is back.

Does anyone have any recommendation on handicap parking? Is there street parking around the stadium at all. I'm pretty sure MO is like IL in that with a handicap parking placard you can park on the street for free.
If you want to know exactly where they're staying, and exactly where to go to get autographs, then you have to get in touch with their travel secretary or the facility director of operations. In this case it would be Luther Hippe. And that's as simple as calling the facility and asking to speak to him. (952) 828-6500

MauiRam

Rookie
I am a Vikings fan and my wife is a Rams fan. I root for the Rams when they aren't playing the Vikings. I was hoping to try to get Vikings autographs before the game and Rams autographs afterward. I'm assuming the away team usually stays in the Drury Inn since its across the street? I'm thinking I might just go sit out front of the hotel at like 9 or 10 to see if I can get a couple autographs* and then after the game see if I can get some Rams autographs for my wife. I actually I am disabled and it makes hard for me to walk long distances so I'll probably be having my wife push me around in my wheelchair so I'm sure I won't have trouble getting noticed and getting players to stop ;). This game is going to be a close one and I'm really looking forward to it. Football is back.

I neglected to mention that the Drury Inn's parking structure is multi-level. If you are a registered guest, there is free parking - your parking level will be on the same floor as your room.

If you google earth the address (711 North Broadway -St.Louis, MO, 63102) (Phone: 314) 231-8100, you will see the Drury is literally right across from the Edward Jones Dome. If you must stay at another hotel, at least try and call the Drury and see if you can purchase a parking pass. Your wife could easily push you from the Drury parking lot to an elevator, after which you will arrive in the main lobby. It is probably no more than 150 yards or less to the Dome entrance. If you look into a parking pass, don't forget to ask about how to get autographs from visiting teams. The folks at the Drury are usually very helpful and cheerful as well.

*You need to find out exactly where to be waiting for the visiting team to have any chance at obtaining autographs. You can do this well in advance if you are resourceful and start asking now. You could also call the Vikings public relations folks, as it is likely they'll know precisely where you would need to be. Good luck on your autographs. I hope your wife has a GREAT day !!!

Drury Inn & Suites Convention Center - St. Louis, MO
711 North Broadway - St. Louis, MO, 63102- P: 314-231-8100 F: 1-888-302-4142

GreeneCounty

Pro Bowler
I like the Rams to win 27 to 3. I do not see Vikqueens offense doing much. I think Rams D is gonna bring some pain.

RamzFanz

Damnit
If we have to be concerned about the Vikings, rams might not win a game.

AP can get his 150 yards and they could still lose badly.

I'm think 3-4 Vikings turn overs and Rams ball hogging all game.

WOwolfOL

UDFA
I know I'm kind of in enemies territory here (remember I am a Rams fan when they are not playing the Vikings) but I think you guys underestimating the Vikings. We had one of the worst coaching staffs over the last couple years and now have a pretty good one (juries still out on Zimmer because he's a rookie HC). Our team has had quite a bit of talent for a little while now we just haven't had a coaching staff to utilize it (also add on to the fact that we drafted Ponder to be our QB of the future, SMH). The Rams have quite a bit of talent as well, that's why I think this one will be a close one. I think this game comes down to who wins the line of scrimmage for both sides. Zimmer's defense is very aggressive and I have a lot of hope for Griffen and Barr in his defense. I think this will be a statement game for whoever wins it. If the Rams win they prove they can do it with Hill, if the Vikings win they prove that this coaching staff is finally able to get all the potential out of this team.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
I think it's going to come down to whoever can stop the run. Vikings D-line is shit, but our O-line is nothing to brag about at this point. If they could stay on the field it would be a different story. We do have our defense but they're dinged up too, and there's that AP guy. ST's should come into play too with all the young talent on each side.

Rams start slow AGAIN this year, play a sloppy close game, and pull off the win. Zuerlein with a 56 yarder as time expires.

Difference is going to be the dome field advantage.

Last edited:

MauiRam

Rookie
Some may underestimate the Vikes, but as a Ram fan I will just speak for myself. I don't know much about our team this year. I obviously know our roster, but I haven't seen the 2014 version of the Rams. On paper we appear improved - I am hoping the "paper" part proves true. Preseason games predictably gave no indication of where our starters are as a team. I worry about our O-line - can Jake Long shake off the rust and not get hurt again? Our D-line seems pretty good against the pass, but can they stop the run? Shawn Hill is actually one of my least concerns.

I know very little about the Vikes, but I know you guys are waiting just like we here are, to see what you've really got. You won't know much until you've watched them play a few games. I don't have a prediction other than it will likely be close. So good luck to you in getting your autographs, and especially good luck to your wife's team!

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
Thanks The Rammer. I'm a Noo Zeeland fan :whistle:
Land of the Hobbits and good butter.:shades:
haha a KiWi! Welcome bro! I'm a all blacks fan btw ;)
are you traveling from NZ? that's a hell of a flight!

Mr Chops

UDFA
haha a KiWi! Welcome bro! I'm a all blacks fan btw ;)
are you traveling from NZ? that's a hell of a flight!

Thanks dude. I'm not flying anywhere with this f*cking mortgage - although that would be amazing. I'm gonna watch a dodgy stream in the man cave and high five imaginary friends every time the Rams score.:cool:

WOwolfOL

UDFA
I think it's going to come down to whoever can stop the run. Vikings D-line is crap, but our O-line is nothing to brag about at this point. If they could stay on the field it would be a different story. We do have our defense but they're dinged up too, and there's that AP guy. ST's should come into play too with all the young talent on each side.

Rams start slow AGAIN this year, play a sloppy close game, and pull off the win. Zuerlein with a 56 yarder as time expires.

Difference is going to be the dome field advantage.
Dont know where you got that the Vikings D-Line is crap but it is definitely not. My guess is our D line is top 15 probably closer to top 10. Sharriff Floyd is looking real good after he's lost some weight. Much more explosive. Linval Joseph eats up double teams. Our DE aren't anything amazing but are definitely solid. In Zimmer's defense the DE are asked to set the edge to defend the run more so then purely pass rush. I'm more worried about our MLB situation. Brinkley can't cover worth a lick. Luckily Zimmer uses MLB more as down hill run stuffers.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
48-10 Rams! In the dome, playing for pride, opening day...coach williams trying to make a statement. Will dominate with the run and play-action passes. Benny C breaks loose. Quick, Britt, and Cook combine for 250 yards 4 td's....Defense scores too....

TGZ

Rookie
Name
Dylan
I think the game will be close, but the Rams are definitely the better team.

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
Where's a good bar/restaurant to watch the game in St. Louis? Preferably one that's not incredibly packed especially with Packers/Bears fans.

Bluesy

Reppin' the Rams since 2000
Name
Kyle
Man if we're all predicting this game to be so close we're in for a rough season. Vikings have got to be one of the easiest games on the schedule. They're not gonna be that good are they?