Vikings at Rams | Pre-Game Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
The Vikings have a New HC, it's his 1st reg. Season Game, on the Road, ADVANTAGE: Rams. No Jared Allen, ADVANTAGE: Rams. And I seem to remember, last year, a certain HC in Indy, worrying, that Quinn would 'Ruin His Game Plan.' That happened!! HUGE ADVANTAGE: Rams!! The Rams WELL KICK ASS!!!!!! I WILL be betting BIG on this one!

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
Rams 24-Vikings 21. Two TD passes from Hill, one TD for Cunningham and a 40 yard field goal for Gregg the leg. On the other side, two Adrian Peterson TDs and one for Patterson on a blown assignment. Greg's kick at the end of the game seals the deal.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
10151981_775030515876972_6747109117624632566_n.jpg

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
I'm thinking it'll be a really close game. Of course I'm hoping my Rams win. But as is obvious, containing AP from running wild is the key to the game. And doing it right away from the first possession is a must. We have to lean towards playing run defense, having 7 in the box, sometimes 8, but not showing it before the play. And NOT pinning our ears back. Letting AP pop through our first line of 8 guys is VERY dangerous.

We need one linebacker to stay put, shuffle side to side for a moment, size up where he's headed and go tackle him. Send another linebacker or safety up to take on the block that is supposed to be on our tackling our LB.
BEND but DON'T BREAK run defense from the get go.

Rams 20
Vikings 17

MauiRam

Rookie
I am worried about our ability to stop the run. If opposing teams are forced into passing situations, then that's when our D can dominate. We will see soon enough. No predictions, I just hope we win. This will be the first time we've truly game-planned for a team. It is hard to know what we have just yet, as preseason contests are not a true indicator. On paper we appear to be a better team than last year's on both sides of the ball. I am more optimistic about our offense if J. Long can stay healthy while getting rid of considerable rust - sooner better than later.

GO RAMS!

PA Ram

Pro Bowler
My big concern is the middle of the Rams defense. Brockers and Langford have been hurt--and even if they play are they one hundred percent? Laurinaitis hasn't played a snap in preseason. Joyner is a target in the slot--Trumaine Johnson is out. In other words--I'm concerned the Vikes will score some points.

On the other side--Hill has had a few snaps in preseason but not starters snaps. Is he ready?

The offensive line has been has been shuffled and injured and Jake Long looks very questionable as of now in terms of his performance.

Having said that--the Rams certainly have playmakers to cause the Vikes headaches and if they can run the ball with Stacy and company they can control the game.

I see a close contest probably coming down to a kick or last second T.D.

I will be hugging my Rams blanket hoping for the best.

MarkMyWords

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Mark
FWIW....Minnesota gave up the most fantasy points to Quarterbacks last season (per Yahoo Sports). I'm starting Hill, instead of Kaepwhatever, on my FF team.

WOwolfOL

UDFA
Hey guys first post. My wife and I are coming in from out of town to watch the game. I was wondering if any of you had suggestions on where to park and where you might be able to get close enough to get autographs (from either team). Thanks in advance.

the zohan

Rookie
Name
Macker
I posted in another thread a few days ago about Hill. He has spent 4 years in the NFC North. He knows the tendencies of the core defensive players. This is a huge plus for the Rams for game 1. Hill will be instrumental in helping Schotty game plan Against the Vikes D.

RamWoodie

Legend
*I think the Rams are ready and take this one. I don't like the fact that Langford and Brockers may still be ailing on defense...we'll see how strong their play is. Peterson is a handfull...period...so the DLine/LBs have to be ready.

*A little queasy when it comes to the offense. Very interested to see how open the playbook is for Hill as the starting QB, and what his feel is with the WRs. I know the guy can throw...but does he REALLY have a full grasp on the playbook.

*I see a ball control offense with lots of Stacy and Cunningham to wear down the Vikes, along with some well timed deep strikes.

The Ram secondary has a challenge too...let's find out.

WOwolfOL

UDFA
Hey guys first post. My wife and I are coming in from out of town to watch the game. I was wondering if any of you had suggestions on where to park and where you might be able to get close enough to get autographs (from either team). Thanks in advance.

Anybody?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I don't know if this is still the case, but I got to meet a bunch of players after the game when they exited the stadium right next to the Drury Hotel.

WOwolfOL

UDFA
I don't know if this is still the case, but I got to meet a bunch of players after the game when they exited the stadium right next to the Drury Hotel.
Ahh great, thanks for the heads up. Anyone else have some advice

Mr Chops

UDFA
my first proper game as a Rams supporter! I'm gonna drink loads of coffee and snuggle up under some blankets for 5am KO (I'm so manly)

I'm having minor surgery done this Wednesday - silver lining is, Monday off work!

this is gonna be like the Battle of Edington...