UPDATE: gurley will be a game time decision

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Gurley was a full participant in practice all week, but his conditioning is a concern after missing most of the offseason. Even if he plays, Gurley will not get enough work to be a fantasy option. The good news is Gurley should see his first NFL action by Week 3 at the very latest.

I really don't think he's gonna play. Just shows you how freaking close he is to returning though

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Give him 5 carries or so, what's the worst that can happen?

Well, playing somebody you are only planning on giving a few carries, and who absolutely will not play special teams, means that a player who might contribute elsewhere including special teams won't be active.

I'm not opposed to him being active - but I think he won't be, so the team can have more players going elsewhere to make up for the banged up players they already have.

That being said, I do want him to get only a few carries his first game. Not because of his knee directly, but because of conditioning. He has admitted there is a difference between conditioning you get in practice, and the full bore work you get in a game situation.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Depends on the field conditions. Maybe a few plays early but take him out before the field gets to choppy.
I forgot how crappy that field gets. Not worth the risk for sure.
Just looked at the weather, doesnt look like rain, but the humidity overnight is gonna be like 98%.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Next week! That's my guess.

Even then, will probably only be a few carries to build him up for a larger role after the bye.

Psycho_X

Legend
Next week! That's my guess.

Even then, will probably only be a few carries to build him up for a larger role after the bye.

That would be mine as well. And be nice to have him take his first carries in front of the home crowd.