Unbiased Fantasy Advice: Kenny Britt v Cecil Shorts

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
I have to win this game to make the playoffs. Should I leave Britt in, or should I start Cecil Shorts this week? Cecil will be the Jags WR1 this week against the Colts.

upload_2014-11-23_11-12-44.png

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Yeah, it's a tricky call. Part of me thinks Britt could have another big game with Hill at QB... he's looking Britt's way... he's got a stronger deep ball... etc. Plus; it's double fun to win fantasy points with players on your home team! (y)

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Yeah, it's a tricky call. Part of me thinks Britt could have another big game with Hill at QB... he's looking Britt's way... he's got a stronger deep ball... etc. Plus; it's double fun to win fantasy points with players on your home team! (y)

That's because he gets open all the time so Hill knows he can go to him and much of the time he will be a good target.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I am a strong believer in never taking any players for fantasy for the team you root for, but I would go with Britt just for the fact with Quick out he is now option A. The Colts can't cover, but the Colts feed on the likes of the Jags so this will be the game the Colts defense plays great and everybody will talk about how improved they are.

RamzFanz

Damnit
I'm betting on Britt this week. He's Hill's favorite target. The Chargers are weak on run defense so I think the run and Hill's awareness holds up the Chargers pass rush for some big passing plays. Yes, the Chargers have a stout passing D but Britt will go up and tear the ball away anyways and Hill has no problem going bombs away and letting Britt do it.

I'm sitting Beckham Jr for Britt. Is there homerism in there? I can't swear there's not but I think it's just knowing this team better than the casual analyst. 85% of the experts pick Shorts but they didn't pick Britt last week with Hill starting either. That's the X factor that they are missing in their analysis IMHO.

Jacksonville is sure to be behind and throwing and Shorts will probably be the main target, but will it work? He could have a massive game or they could just be Jacksonville again.

For me, the play most likely to produce is Britt but you take a chance either way.

WARNING: I'm starting Britt, Mason, AND Zuerlein so...:)

Last edited:

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Tough. Britt will pull Flowers while Shorts will pull Vontae Davis. I'd probably go Shorts because they'll be playing more catch up and Bortles will likely force him the ball more, while Hill tends to spread it around.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Tough. Britt will pull Flowers while Shorts will pull Vontae Davis. I'd probably go Shorts because they'll be playing more catch up and Bortles will likely force him the ball more, while Hill tends to spread it around.

Some truth in that but Britt was targeted the most ever this season (seven times) last game by Hill and it was Hill's first game back. If Hill wasn't rusty, Britt might have had a massive day with 2 long TDs. Too bad we only have one full game to judge. judging mostly by their chemistry in TC and last game, I think Britt is Hill's #1. So, for me it comes down to Bortles or Hill. I'll take Hill.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
I wouldn't trust a Jaguar on the road. Especially against a team that came off a loss (Indy) the way they did.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Gonna pick up a game on Detroit. Looks like Tennessee sucks to help us out.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Yeah, my bad, didn't realize Bortles would have THAT bad of a day.

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
I released cecil from my team a long time ago.