UDFA money spent. Rams number 2. Spruce number 3.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Field Yates ‏@FieldYates · 20m20 minutes ago

Most guaranteed money spent on UDFA's:
1. Eagles: $470,750
2. Rams: $262,000
3. Giants: $203,000
4. 49ers: $203,000
5. Patriots: $155,000
Field Yates ‏@FieldYates · 22m22 minutes ago

Most guaranteed among 2016 undrafted FA's:
1. Eagles G Darrell Greene: $105k
2. Eagles LB Myke Tavarres: $95k
3. Rams WR Nelson Spruce: $70k

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
Spruce was our most expensive UDFA? A little surprising considering we have a very solid group this year.

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
Spruce
Williams
Randolph
Jordan

All may make the 53.

:shades: I'm just talkin' out my earhole.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I'm glad to see the Rams recognize what Spruce brings to the team. Great hands, good size, route running can get you far in this league if you want it enough. He has a chance to stick.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
Seeing that both the Eagles and Rams have spent the most, it must be that both teams are trying to compensate for their lack of picks this year by finding UDFA talent. Hopefully a few of these guys can make a difference.

Stony32

Fan since tickets were $5.50
Yeah, I get the idea that Spruce would have been the next draft pick for the Rams if they had one. This is about mid-7th round money.

Seems like there has always been sleeping on Spruce. He was lightly recruited by P5 schools and the only Pac-12 offers he got were bottom-of-the-barrel WSU and CU. Then he ends up as the most prolific pass-catcher in Pac-12 history. I have my theories about why, including some I'll keep to myself. One, though, is that he seems to be all quiet substance and no flash. He calls no attention to himself and you hardly notice he's there. As a Pac-12 fan who saw lots of CU games over the past 4 years, the most demonstrative celebration I ever saw from him was a little fist pump once.

Based on this information about his contract and what I know about him, I'm betting he sticks.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Even though Spruce got the money...I'm interested to see if he still can beat out guys like Marquez North, Paul McRoberts, or Duke Williams....I watched Spruce get manhandled by a corner from UCLA that had to be half his size....

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Nelson Spruce is going to make the 53 man roster, and open a lot of eyes in pre-season. A lot of bytching about Rams WR's bad route running, not contesting balls, dropped balls on this forum the last few years (and they would be right) . This guy knows how to get open. NEVER drops a ball, and willingly goes over the middle , he's a great blocker and he also returns punts. Three yea starter. Go look at his highlights, He makes PAC-12 d's look silly. Nelson Spruce will be Goff's "go to" guy in the short game.

Stony32

I watched Spruce get manhandled by a corner from UCLA that had to be half his size....

That must have been Ishmael Adams. What year? Was it his junior year when he caught 6 for 63 vs. UCLA while leading the nation in both receptions and TDs, or his senior year when he caught 11 for 90 while breaking the all-time Pac-12 record in that game?

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
If Spruce can block and play special teams, he'll always have a spot on a Fisher coached team. Fisher loves those receivers who can block for the main guy.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Exactly Snackers. It's why I'm betting he makes the team. Spruce is the kind of guy who quietly goes about his business.

8to12

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Field Yates ‏@FieldYates · 20m20 minutes ago

Field Yates ‏@FieldYates · 22m22 minutes ago

Most guaranteed among 2016 undrafted FA's:
1. Eagles G Darrell Greene: $105k
2. Eagles LB Myke Tavarres: $95k
3. Rams WR Nelson Spruce: $70k

These dollar amounts don't sound right. I don't know what the Max a team could spend in signing bonuses this season, but in 2014, it was $80K total. I haven't found any source on the Net about Nelson Spruce getting a signing bonus. Either the CBA has taken off the limits of UDFA guaranteed money, or these numbers aren't correct.

Stony32

These dollar amounts don't sound right. I don't know what the Max a team could spend in signing bonuses this season, but in 2014, it was $80K total. I haven't found any source on the Net about Nelson Spruce getting a signing bonus. Either the CBA has taken off the limits of UDFA guaranteed money, or these numbers aren't correct.

I think each team's UDFA total bonus limit is around $86K this year. I'm pretty sure UDFA bonuses and salary guarantees are treated separately in the CBA.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Even though Spruce got the money...I'm interested to see if he still can beat out guys like Marquez North, Paul McRoberts, or Duke Williams....I watched Spruce get manhandled by a corner from UCLA that had to be half his size....
This is a really good group! There's something about North that I really like, so far!;)

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Exactly Snackers. It's why I'm betting he makes the team. Spruce is the kind of guy who quietly goes about his business.

He plays balls out all the time, regardless of whether the play goes his way. Blocking he'll throw his body around like crazy too. Yeah, that type usually translates well to special teams, which gets them the roster spot then a chance at gettin in there on gameday.

But what's cool about this year is whoever makes the team is gonna effin EARN it. It's about time.

8to12

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
I think each team's UDFA total bonus limit is around $86K this year. I'm pretty sure UDFA bonuses and salary guarantees are treated separately in the CBA.

Stony, I see your point. However, what's with Spruce and $70k being mentioned? Is the 70K amount guaranteed but not a bonus?

Stony32

Stony, I see your point. However, what's with Spruce and $70k being mentioned? Is the 70K amount guaranteed but not a bonus?

I don't know and I can't find anything other than what Yates posted. To your point, it can't be all bonus because of the team limit of $86k. So, it's either all a guaranteed portion of the UDFA rookie minimum, or a combination of bonus and salary for a total of $70k guaranteed.

Good for Spruce either way. He must have been wanted by more than the Rams and the Rams paid a little to get him.

Orchid

Starter
Name
Obert

It would be interesting to know who got the remaining $192K from the Rams.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Was it his junior year when he caught 6 for 63 vs. UCLA while leading the nation in both receptions and TDs, or his senior year when he caught 11 for 90 while breaking the all-time Pac-12 record in that game?
I wanna say last year...and I guess he caught 11 passes...but this is really an example of stats lie....he was not a major factor in that game....and I'm pretty sure he wasn't a factor in the 6-63 game in 2014 either....