UCLA

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
What did he do?

He came to us with purported interest in being our HC (we were originally pursuing and vetting Frost), he agreed to a contract in principle, and then he used it to leverage UCLA to get what he wanted and backed out on us. He's backed out on two or three NFL teams before, so I shouldn't be surprised. But it was a weasel move imo. It was totally unnecessary. He already had all the leverage with UCLA.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He came to us with purported interest in being our HC (we were originally pursuing and vetting Frost), he agreed to a contract in principle, and then he used it to leverage UCLA to get what he wanted and backed out on us. He's backed out on two or three NFL teams before, so I shouldn't be surprised. But it was a weasel move imo. It was totally unnecessary. He already had all the leverage with UCLA.
Will the Gators get Frost?
Man SEC isn’t for the meek. 4 jobs open

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
That's true, but I can't expect Frost to pick us over Nebraska. Sorry @den-the-coach but I'm going to be rooting against UCLA based on how Chip handled this whole thing.

Not a UCLA fan, Buckeye fan, but just thought UCLA was a better fit and believed there had to be a reason they fired Mora so quickly and paid the 9 million dollar buyout. That made me feel Chip preferred the PAC 12 over the SEC.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Will you please take Brian Kelly??

No.

I would be shocked if he leaves Oregon after only one year, but if it's his dream job, I get it.

Not that the rumors have been reliable thus far, but the rumor is that he's already reached out to Florida. Apparently, he wants to return to the Southeast and would love to be in Florida.(it might be family related)

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
No.

Not that the rumors have been reliable thus far, but the rumor is that he's already reached out to Florida. Apparently, he wants to return to the Southeast and would love to be in Florida.(it might be family related)

Makes sense and would be a solid hire plus I would love to see how Oregon spins this. Phil Knight be damned.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That's very doubtful. He's a Nebraska guy. I'm expecting Willie "Swagger" Taggart.
Gonna be hard for Nebraska to compete dollars wise though. They are still paying Bo Pelinni and will be paying Mike Riley.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Gonna be hard for Nebraska to compete dollars wise though. They are still paying Bo Pelinni and will be paying Mike Riley.

Eh, they can find the money. And I don't think they have to necessarily compete. Frost played for Osborne, started at QB for them, and won a NC there. His family live in Nebraska. It's going to be hard for us to top that.

Makes sense and would be a solid hire plus I would love to see how Oregon spins this. Phil Knight be damned.

Nothing they can do if Taggart prefers to be in Florida. Just like nothing we can do about Chip Kelly preferring the Pac-12 and West Coast.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Nothing they can do if Taggart prefers to be in Florida. Just like nothing we can do about Chip Kelly preferring the Pac-12 and West Coast.

I believe Matt Campbell of Iowa State could be a huge prize teams staying away because of over a 9 million dollar buyout, however, if Taggart leaves Oregon, Phil Knight could step up and land IMHO a great Head Coach in the making.

Taggart excellent fit at Florida, he built the team that Charley Strong is now reaping the rewards.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If I'm being frank, while I've come to accept Taggart, my preference is for the Gators to hire Les Miles if (when) Scott Frost goes elsewhere. I think our program needs a proven winner and some stability. Due to his age, I'd request that Les bring a young up-and-coming OC with him as the Head Coach-In-Waiting.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If I'm being frank, while I've come to accept Taggart, my preference is for the Gators to hire Les Miles if (when) Scott Frost goes elsewhere. I think our program needs a proven winner and some stability. Due to his age, I'd request that Les bring a young up-and-coming OC with him as the Head Coach-In-Waiting.
Yikes.
Better get a real good oc then. Mark Helfrich?

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Win win for the Bruins...better offensive recruiting....better offense....ex-NFL coach...

All they need is a DC

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis

No way they hire Miles with the way that offense has been producing, Gators will hire an offensive guy with an up tempo approach and if not Frost or Taggart, then Mike Norvell of Memphis.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I'd request that Les bring a young up-and-coming OC with him as the Head Coach-In-Waiting.

Looks like Dan Mullen is your next Head Coach!

Sources: Dan Mullen targeted to be next head coach at Florida
3a0b8f3057bb65bb2804004583de148b

Dan Mullen has been targeted to be the next head coach at Florida, according to sources with direct knowledge of the situation. Yahoo Sports sources also indicated that a decision is expected by the end of the day on Sunday.

Mullen, who is 69-46 in nine years at Mississippi State, would be returning to the school where he made his name as an offensive coordinator on two national title teams under Urban Meyer.

Mullen was perceived to be Tennessee’s No. 1 choice to fill its coaching vacancy, but it’s likely that Florida will be able to lure him to Gainesville instead.

All along, Florida officials have wondered whether Mullen would be the best fit because of his time at the school, his SEC experience and his success developing quarterbacks.

Mullen has an offensive acumen that would serve as a salve for Florida fans who’ve watched tortured offenses under Will Muschamp and Jim McElwain since 2010. This Florida team ranks No. 111 in total offense, the third consecutive season a Florida offense ranked outside the Top 100 in total offense.

The hiring of Mullen would mark the first significant hire for athletic director Scott Stricklin, who began his tenure at Florida in the fall of 2016. Stricklin is a Mississippi State alum and was part of the search committee who hired Mullen away from Florida under former MSU athletic director Greg Byrne.

When the Florida job opened in 2015, former Gator athletic director Jeremy Foley immediately dismissed Mullen as a candidate. Foley and Mullen did not have a strong relationship during his time as Florida’s coordinator.

Foley didn’t interview Mullen for either of his most recent failed football hires – Muschamp and McElwain – and those decisions have sent the Gators football program to a spiral of irrelevancy.

Stricklin and Mullen have a solid working relationship, as their time together in Starkville included a boom in high-end facilities and Mississippi State reaching No. 1 for the first time in program history (2014).

https://sports.yahoo.com/sources-dan-mullen-targeted-next-head-coach-florida-180842583.html

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Mullen is a good coach. Not the flash of Kelly but definitely an upgrade. Can he recruit?