UCLA

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I could see Lane Kiffin headed back to LA

WOW, I don't think UCLA would take a chance, Kiffin was an epic fail on the big stage, IMO, he'll need to win a few more seasons at Florida Atlantic before he steps up in class.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
WOW, I don't think UCLA would take a chance, Kiffin was an epic fail on the big stage, IMO, he'll need to win a few more seasons at Florida Atlantic before he steps up in class.
An Epic fail?
Dude is 43-24 as a coach. If he wasnt such a prick he'd still be at USC

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
UCLA cant offer near the money that Florida can
Why not announce it prior to the FSU game though?
Thats a recruiting wt dream

Apparently, it's related to his buyouts from SF and Philly. From what I've been told, it would potentially give SF an out to avoid paying him for 2017 if he were announced before the end of UF's season, and we all know what a prick Jed York is.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Have to admit being a Ohio State Fan, I have no dog in this hunt, but have many friends that are UCLA fans and I am rooting for Kelly at UCLA, however, if he chooses Florida, I will be anxious to see Florida against Alabama, that is for sure.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Have to admit being a Ohio State Fan, I have no dog in this hunt, but have many friends that are UCLA fans and I am rooting for Kelly at UCLA, however, if he chooses Florida, I will be anxious to see Florida against Alabama, that is for sure.
Florida is the only team I root for in the SEC so I’d love to see Kelly there. But UCLA seems to make more sense on many levels.
What’s so funny about today’s sports environment is the Nike vs Under Armor angle that potentially hurts the UCLA bid

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
What’s so funny about today’s sports environment is the Nike vs Under Armor angle that potentially hurts the UCLA bid

Yeah, found that amazing, but how about the reason he's close to Nike's founder Phil Knight is because he was the Head Coach at Oregon, maybe that won't factor in, guess we will know come Sunday.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Damn, am I the only guy on here that has to endure both the Rams and Bruins efforts to stop a team from running the ball?
Utah has crammed it down the Bruins throats for 342 and the game is far from over. Hard to understand why a college team would have the same exact issues now as they did in 1980, with no fix ever happening.
Why are the Bruins ALWAYS too small and ALWAYS getting steamrolled in the second half of games and seasons? freaking maddening, even when they play perfect for most of the season, inevitably they crap the bed against a team that can play with power and run the ball. A glaring example would be 1998, when the undefeated and#3 Bruins ended their regular season by letting Edgerrin James gallop for 299. Miami sucked ass that year, and they crushed UCLA, go figure.
The Rams rush defense has never been what I expect it to be since about the eighties, maybe someday we will be consistently stout but I haven't seen it in a long time. Sigh
Rant over....
Until now that the game is over. 3-5? It's a very long stretch away from the Terry Donahue days. While he could never get us over the hump on a national stage, he was a damn sight better than what we've had since. 3-5? Are you freaking kidding me, Mora look out.
You can't reside in LA, with all that HS talent swimming around you, and go 3-5. Straight bullcrap.

I was born at UCLA as my mom was a student there at the time.

I'm literally a born Bruin.

What you say is totally true.

And other than a few moments (like Freeman McNeil's long TD to win in at the Coliseum against USC, iirc, where half of SoCal lost it's collective minds), UCLA is always the bride's maid.

Honestly, if I hadn't been born there, I might have picked another school to root for, but rooting for them is both a birthright and well... I don't wanna say curse, but it ain't always fun, let's just put it that way...

Last edited:

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Okay @jrry32 looks like UCLA for Chip, but Scott Frost is one hell of a football coach.
Sources: Chip Kelly out of the running for Florida job

Florida has moved on from Chip Kelly as its potential next head coach, multiple sources have told Yahoo Sports.

Florida administrators met with Kelly on Sunday in New Hampshire and remained in contact with him earlier this week, but no deal was forthcoming between the two. Florida had kept its options open while engaged with Kelly and is now prepared to pursue those other candidates.

With Kelly out of the picture, the Gators likely will focus on Central Florida coach Scott Frost. All along, the second-year coach of the Knights has been on Florida’s radar and was considered within the industry to be the most likely successor to Jim McElwain in Gainesville. Frost’s undefeated UCF team is playing South Florida on Friday afternoon for the title in the American Athletic Conference East Division.

Kelly met with UCLA officials Tuesday, according to multiple reports. The Bruins fired coach Jim Mora on Sunday and immediately jumped into the Kelly sweepstakes.

UCLA plays its final regular-season game Friday against California. Florida ends its season Saturday against Florida State.

https://sports.yahoo.com/sources-chip-kelly-running-florida-job-194401666.html

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
I looks like Ucla has indeed hired Kelly

Gator nation “gots” to be pissed

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Every time I disagree with @den-the-coach he always wins....
Nice call coach

UCLA gets Kelly and Florida setting it sights on Frost.
Hold the phone, Nebraska just fired their coach Mike Reilly...

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I looks like Ucla has indeed hired Kelly

Gator nation “gots” to be ticked

Scott Frost is one heck of a football coach, but getting Kelly over a renown program like Florida is a huge win for UCLA and IMO, will propel that program to a different level moving forward.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
UCLA gets Kelly and Florida setting it sights on Frost.
Hold the phone, Nebraska just fired their coach Mike Reilly...

It will pull at his heartstrings, but Frost better off at Florida IMHO.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Chip Kelly returns to college football as head coach of UCLA

Former Oregon coach Chip Kelly has been named the next head coach at UCLA, agreeing to a five-year contract worth $23.3 million with a $9 million reciprocal buyout, the school announced Saturday.

Kelly also had been considering the vacant Florida job, sources previously told ESPN.

"I am thrilled to welcome Chip Kelly to Westwood," said UCLA director of athletics Dan Guerrero in a statement. "His success speaks for itself, but more than that, I firmly believe that his passion for the game and his innovative approach to coaching student-athletes make him the perfect fit for our program. 'Champions Made Here' is more than just a mantra at UCLA, and I'm confident that Chip will lead UCLA Football back to competing for championships. I'd like to thank Josh Rebholz, Casey Wasserman and Troy Aikman for their input during this process, as their candor, experience and support were invaluable."

Kelly will be formally introduced as the Bruins' head coach on the UCLA campus on Monday afternoon.

"It is an absolute honor to join the Bruin Family, and I am grateful to Chancellor [Gene] Block and to Dan Guerrero for this incredible opportunity," Kelly said in a statement. "UCLA is a world-class institution with a distinguished history in athletics, and we will do our part to uphold its tradition of excellence."

The Bruins have been looking for a new head coach since Jim Mora was fired Nov. 19, a day after a third straight loss to USC. He had been with the Bruins for six seasons. Offensive coordinator Jedd Fisch was named interim head coach for the remainder of the season.

The Kelly hiring will bring back a well-recognized name to the Pac 12.

http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...rning-college-football-head-coach-ucla-bruins

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Scott Frost is one heck of a football coach, but getting Kelly over a renown program like Florida is a huge win for UCLA and IMO, will propel that program to a different level moving forward.

I'm a life-long USC fan but gotta tip the cap here to the Bruins. Enormous hire for them and the big winner might be Rosen. Gotta wonder what that kid might be capable of in Chip's system wow.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Okay @jrry32 looks like UCLA for Chip, but Scott Frost is one hell of a football coach.
Sources: Chip Kelly out of the running for Florida job

Florida has moved on from Chip Kelly as its potential next head coach, multiple sources have told Yahoo Sports.

Florida administrators met with Kelly on Sunday in New Hampshire and remained in contact with him earlier this week, but no deal was forthcoming between the two. Florida had kept its options open while engaged with Kelly and is now prepared to pursue those other candidates.

With Kelly out of the picture, the Gators likely will focus on Central Florida coach Scott Frost. All along, the second-year coach of the Knights has been on Florida’s radar and was considered within the industry to be the most likely successor to Jim McElwain in Gainesville. Frost’s undefeated UCF team is playing South Florida on Friday afternoon for the title in the American Athletic Conference East Division.

Kelly met with UCLA officials Tuesday, according to multiple reports. The Bruins fired coach Jim Mora on Sunday and immediately jumped into the Kelly sweepstakes.

UCLA plays its final regular-season game Friday against California. Florida ends its season Saturday against Florida State.

https://sports.yahoo.com/sources-chip-kelly-running-florida-job-194401666.html

Chip is the same weasel he always was. I never liked him as a person, and this made me dislike him that much more. He's a great CFB coach, but he's a weasel and a prick. Frost is likely going to Nebraska. We'll probably end up with Taggart or Norvell.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm a life-long USC fan but gotta tip the cap here to the Bruins. Enormous hire for them and the big winner might be Rosen. Gotta wonder what that kid might be capable of in Chip's system wow.

Rosen is gone.

It will pull at his heartstrings, but Frost better off at Florida IMHO.

That's true, but I can't expect Frost to pick us over Nebraska. Sorry @den-the-coach but I'm going to be rooting against UCLA based on how Chip handled this whole thing.