UCLA QB Brett Hundley plans to enter the 2015 NFL draft

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
At any rate, with a guy like Hundley, I'm not sure I try to change him too much. Mariota either. Yes, you incorporate the under center style, but I think you play to the strengths the QB you draft gives you as well.

I'd worry more about getting them to scan the field and read defenses than worry about taking snaps under center.

Concur and I need to focus in more on Hundley, but you and I are on the same page!

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Ability to process fast (read a D) and accuracy might be the two most important attributes to success in the NFL.

If that's his weakness: pass

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Ability to process fast (read a D) and accuracy might be the two most important attributes to success in the NFL.

If that's his weakness: pass
I'm starting to think that too, but I want to see him against Stanford, Oregon and the bowl game.

NERamsFan

Pro Bowler
I'm a fan of this kid. Trade down in the first and recoup some picks then take Hundley middle of first round. Start bradford, back him up with hill and let the kid learn for a year. If Bradford gets hurt again we have Hill and if the kid shows in preseason then startem and release\trade sam! That simple. We sign Sam for one year to allow hundley to develop, and this allows Sam to rebuild his stock and get a nice contract from someone else. Win Win

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Was surprised that his assessment of Mariota was so high. Much higher than Winston.
Seemed a little biased towards Mariota, like he has no faults at all. I think Mariota is the most physically gifted QB in college football, but he's not as pro ready as Winston, IMO.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Seemed a little biased towards Mariota, like he has no faults at all. I think Mariota is the most physically gifted QB in college football, but he's not as pro ready as Winston, IMO.

Gotta agree. And I wonder what his ultimate ceiling is. Watching him, I continue to come away with the impression that he's going to be an Alex Smith type QB but with Kaepernick's legs. Nothing at all wrong with that but I think Winston, despite all his faults, has more upside.

Oddly enough, the guy compared Winston to Favre and KNOCKED HIM for believing he'd be a Favre like player. :eek:

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Oddly enough, the guy compared Winston to Favre and KNOCKED HIM for believing he'd be a Favre like player. :eek:

I guess after a while any quarterback under a microscope can look pedestrian we've all seen bad games by Petyon Manning, Brett Favre and others for example, however, the one Quarterback that has had limited bad games IMO is Brady. Can't stand him, but props to him most of the time his team is in the game because of him and there have not been many games truly awful games he's played in.

That being posted there is little doubt Winston has the most upside, but I don't see him falling in fact, I see him being a Jet as the fans and the NY Post will love him.

moklerman

Warner-phile
Gotta agree. And I wonder what his ultimate ceiling is. Watching him, I continue to come away with the impression that he's going to be an Alex Smith type QB but with Kaepernick's legs. Nothing at all wrong with that but I think Winston, despite all his faults, has more upside.

Don't you think he was more talking about the maturity/personality side of things?

Seems like he's questioning the mental side of the game and position by Winston but likes his physical skills. J. Russell had all the physical skills though so I wouldn't be comfortable with any QB that you didn't believe in personality-wise.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Don't you think he was more talking about the maturity/personality side of things?

Seems like he's questioning the mental side of the game and position by Winston but likes his physical skills. J. Russell had all the physical skills though so I wouldn't be comfortable with any QB that you didn't believe in personality-wise.

I think he was knocking him for both the maturity/personality and his gunslinger mentality on the field.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau

Funny. You watching Hundley play right now?

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Cool, good prospects in this game

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Which one is the first round QB? Hogan?
Best game he's ever played, so far. He is a good future prospect. Stanford is killing UCLA's OL, so far, and are controlling the game.

Stanford is dominating. Hogan is playing a perfect game. With this OL, it's going to be tough from here on out.

Last edited:
Best game he's ever played, so far. He is a good future prospect. Stanford is killing UCLA's OL, so far, and are controlling the game.

Stanford is dominating. Hogan is playing a perfect game. With this OL, it's going to be tough from here on out.

Is Hogan worth a look, or just a freak game, don't get much chance to watch Pac 12 here in the UK, what with being 8 hours ahead, and no access to the Pac 12 Network or Fox.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Is Hogan worth a look, or just a freak game, don't get much chance to watch Pac 12 here in the UK, what with being 8 hours ahead, and no access to the Pac 12 Network or Fox.
He has a lot of talent, but very inconsistent. I'd call this a freak game, because he's been damn near perfect. As far as UCLA goes, the OL is looking like they have most of the year....not good.

And the defense isn't getting any stops...they are beat, worn out. They won't quit though.

Last edited:
He has a lot of talent, but very inconsistent. I'd call this a freak game, because he's been damn near perfect. As far as UCLA goes, the OL is looking like they have most of the year....not good.

And the defense isn't getting any stops...they are beat, worn out. They won't quit though.

I'll watch the bowl game, would be nice if he can repeat this performance, maybe the light has come on, because I'm very impressed on what I've seen today (yes I'm clutching at straws a bit :().