Tyreek Hill

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ajb44

Rookie
Name
Alex
This guy is lighting things up in KC and was nowhere near tavons hype. Is this just the product of their offense?

Do we think tavon can be worth his draft pick and actually contribute like a Brandin cooks, Taylor Gabriel of Falcons. All tiny dudes with speed. Can he be that with the right staff?? Or is it him and he's not capable? Watching his college highlights he has hands. I get its a lower level of play but catching is catching. Just want to see him succeed and do very well. He can be a serious weapon

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
The misuse of Tavon all these years is mind boggling. He lit it up for a stretch of games as a rookie. Last year he had nearly 1000 yards and 10 touchdowns. But this coaching staff needs to do a better job of putting him in space. They can start by opening up the run game.

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
It's the offensive system. And the fact our QBs have been too inaccurate to hit his small catch radius. Hopefully Goff fixes the latter. But I'm worried the former might not be fixed for quite some time...

Ajb44

Rookie
Name
Alex
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I mean how many people can really keep up with him 1 on 1? He should be burning dudes left and right. Brandin cooks and Tyreek hill make people look silly. I am just confused how we don't get Tavon involved.

woofwoofmo

65 Toss Power Trap
Pretty amazing how Hill has come on since being drafted. The Chiefs took a lot of flak for that pick and there are still people upset. From everything I've seen, read and heard he's done everything possible to atone for his actions. Crowd was chanting Tyreek Tyreek and he busted the punt return. He's as fast as any I've ever seen play, a threat on every play.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
The misuse of Tavon all these years is mind boggling. He lit it up for a stretch of games as a rookie. Last year he had nearly 1000 yards and 10 touchdowns. But this coaching staff needs to do a better job of putting him in space. They can start by opening up the run game.

I am tired of this excuse. The guy was an 8th overall selection. He was highly regarded coming out of college. If he is really has as much talent as some think he does then it should shine through regardless of the system. He may not have great numbers but we would be able to see it on certain plays. I don't see enough of it, especially on punt returns to think that the Rams are missing out on some untapped weapon. I would have preferred a guy who can run good routes and has great hands with that high of a pick.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I am tired of this excuse. The guy was an 8th overall selection. He was highly regarded coming out of college. If he is really has as much talent as some think he does then it should shine through regardless of the system. He may not have great numbers but we would be able to see it on certain plays. I don't see enough of it, especially on punt returns to think that the Rams are missing out on some untapped weapon. I would have preferred a guy who can run good routes and has great hands with that high of a pick.
The guy would have like 8 punt returns for touchdowns already in his career with all the ones called back. You can't disregard that when you factor in his overall production. Or the fact that you can't send tavon on a go route because he is too fast and we had NO an able to get the ball out to him. You can pretend like non of that matters but for once Fisher did right by extending him because watch how he blow up with Goff throwing him the ball, that extension is going to look like a steal

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
The guy would have like 8 punt returns for touchdowns already in his career with all the ones called back. You can't disregard that when you factor in his overall production. Or the fact that you can't send tavon on a go route because he is too fast and we had NO an able to get the ball out to him. You can pretend like non of that matters but for once Fisher did right by extending him because watch how he blow up with Goff throwing him the ball, that extension is going to look like a steal

I hope you are right. I still see far too much dancing on punt returns, small hands and not being open.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
I'm not so much using it as an excuse. But as DX said, you have to factor in all the big plays brought back. It also doesn't help that he hasn't been targeted much lately. I think he has a great game against Atlanta.

Lastly, he was a playmaker last season. Why aren't we using him the same way? He has half the runs he did last year and we barely run screens with him. AND WHY DONT WE SEND HIM DEEP?

Psycho_X

Legend
Our offensive system and play calling is atrocious for all of our players. Seriously, I'm not sure a single of our offensive skill positions are being used to their strengths.

Having said that, something is off with TA this season. His return game has diminished greatly for some reason... not sure if that's him or our blocking. He does dance a lot more than he used to and makes puzzling decisions about when and when not to try a return. And he's been virtually unused in the offense the way he used to be that let him score. I hated the constant TA runs up the gut that the last fool we had OC used to do but at least he tried some sweeps, end around, and screens with him that worked some of the time. And would do wonders at helping defenses not key on Gurley as much.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think one of the main problems is that they use him as a decoy way too much instead of actually giving him the ball. The last game he played when he had that touchdown it gave me hope that they will finally let him run real routes. I honestly believe that with Goff they feel like they can finally use Austin like they want too. I'm not concerned about Austin hands as much as some are because I have seen him make those tough catches like that touchdown catch, I have seen him drop easy ones too it's just part of the game. I think Austin Britt and Quick explode for this last quarter of the season

iamme33

Pro Bowler
Name
dan

ta got a new contract this year and has gone backwards seems to be a pattern with a lot of rams players

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I don't think TA has the blazing speed Hill does so he isn't going to run by people in the secondary unless it is a blown coverage. He's got burst speed and should be able to get separation with quick moves but that has been MIA since he got to the Rams.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
I think the difference is one is on an Andy Reid team, the other is on a Jeff Fisher team.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
I don't mean to disparage Austin, but the common denominator in his lack of production, when he lacks production, is only himself. I know instability is the bane of productivity, but I just don't think he's a premier talented wr. I think that's part of what holds this organization back. We're constantly looking at what players could be if the circumstances went right.

Man he was killer in the run game last year though. Maybe the kid needs to stay at running back. I bet he'd do well catching passes from back there.

FRO

Legend
The major problem I have with Austin is you have to be creative to get him the ball. He hasn't produced in normal ways in a normal offense. I don't blame his lack of production on the coordinators, I blame him. It's year 4 for him, why does his route running still leave a lot to be desired. The guy not only is fast, but he is as quick if not quicker than he is fast. There is no reason that he can't be an outstanding route runner. He should be able to easily beat man coverage in today's game creating tons of separation. He should be instinctive enough by now to know where the holes of the zone are and sit in them. Having to run end arounds and bubble screens to the guy just to get him the ball holds the offense back. Britt has been able to succeed. It's not all on the scheme. It's on Austin too. I was a huge proponent of getting him. He hasn't come close to meeting expectations.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I think the difference is one is on an Andy Reid team, the other is on a Jeff Fisher team.

That sound you hear? Yeah. That's the mic hittin the floor peeps.

FRO

Legend
BTW - I gave you a "shoot me" just for the memory you invoked. :cool:
I deserve it. The guy had 4.3 speed and got beat by slow Hank Baskett deep like 4 or 5 times in an opener. A guy that fast shouldn't have gotten beat deep as much as he did.