TV Land pulls 'Dukes of Hazzard' re-runs over Confederate flag debate

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Following the announcement from Warner Bros. that “The Dukes of Hazzard” merchandise will no longer feature the Confederate flag atop the brothers’ signature car General Lee, TV Land has pulled all re-runs of the show from the network.

View: https://twitter.com/JRehling/status/616331155713818625

The show had only begun airing on the network June 10 and ran twice daily on Mondays and Fridays. TV Land is already facing backlash from “Dukes of Hazzard” fans as well as proponents of the Confederate flag.

View: https://twitter.com/Scorpio1080/status/616326869667844096

View: https://twitter.com/full_mcintosh/status/616340436697767936

K66mgdg.jpg

Though the flag still flies at the South Caroline State House, major retailers such Wal-Mart, Target, Amazon, e-Bay and Etsy have pulled merchandise featuring the flag.

In his eulogy for state senator state Rev. Clementa Pinckney, President Obama addressed the debate surrounding flag, saying:

No0UBvc.jpg

http://stlouis.suntimes.com/nationa.../tv-land-pulls-dukes-hazzard-confederate-flag

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
:palm: Ignorance is bliss I guess.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
I'd say we're fucked, but that would be overreacting.
Actually, no it wouldn't. WE ARE FUCKED!

It's only the beginning boys - take it from us old guys. Seen it coming for 25 years.
BTW - 67 tomorrow.:rockon:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Won't be long until the movie 'Gone with the Wind' becomes the object of offense du jour.
Betcha anything some person or group demands it be pulled from shelves.
And if you think I'm kidding, look what happened to the Disney movie, Song of the South.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
You can't buy a confederate flag or watch a show with it on tv but go to amazon and search swastika or Hitler or 3rd reich and see how much you can buy there and watch from there.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
For the love.

I swear, if society would give equal attention to REAL issues we might solve REAL problems.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
They've even banned half the old Bugs Bunny Cartoons

88319.jpg

Rynie

Cowboys rudeboy.
Name
Rynie
Jesus christ, it's a symbol of THE SOUTH, you know, the CONFEDERATE states. Leave up to this retarded, PC society, to turn it into a race thing; well, a certain demographic of this society.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Jesus christ, it's a symbol of THE SOUTH, you know, the CONFEDERATE states. Leave up to this retarded, PC society, to turn it into a race thing; well, a certain demographic of this society.

Well, just no. It was the Battle Flag of the Northern Virginia Army. It was never the "flag of the South".

The history of the flag is well known so I won't go into it here. Any revisionist history to paint the flag in a positive light as a symbol of southern heritage is the very definition of "white washing"... pun intended.

That said, I loved the Dukes of Hazzard as a kid and while I wince when I see the flag on top of that car, I wouldn't want the show taken off the air any more than I'd want Hogan's Heroes cancelled because of swastikas being displayed.

If anything, the Duke boys didn't exhibit anything resembling heavy southern pride or white supremacy and while there weren't many people of color on the show, they seemed to make friends with everyone.

And yes, the amount of racism in some of the old cartoons is....shocking. Downright shocking.

RAMBUSH

Starter
Oh brother, maybe Walmart can stop selling white sheets cuz the kkk wore them. Give me a break. P. C. Bullshit.

Zombie Slayer

You are entitled to nothing.
Name
Dave
This is just another thing that people were finally able to try to get banned when a tragedy happened (shooting at the church the other week). Now that the flag is gone, the blame will just be directed at something else. But this is the society we live in anyway. Soon there will be no prayers allowed anywhere because it offends someone, no pledge of allegiance, no American flag, no Santa Claus. I actually worked in an office where it was because of someone else's religion. So, no more Santa Claus in the office. Frankly, I'm surprised that anyone is surprised by what is currently happening.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Won't be long until the movie 'Gone with the Wind' becomes the object of offense du jour.
Betcha anything some person or group demands it be pulled from shelves.
And if you think I'm kidding, look what happened to the Disney movie, Song of the South.
Uh, that has already happened or did you mean to use blue font?

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Oh brother, maybe Walmart can stop selling white sheets cuz the kkk wore them. Give me a break. P. C. bullcrap.

it'll never end to make the few happy over the many. as yakov smirnov would say "what a country".

SO, what shall we do with these images and shows folks ???
halloween dog offensive images swastika sheets.jpg
star trek nazi swastika.jpg
star trek nazi times swastika.jpg
hogan heroes swastika.jpg
hogan star trek.jpg
i'd watch hogan's star trek heroes. no matter what they wore , or in this case, didnt wear.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
The flag means nothing many. To some just southern pride. To others a dark past.

It's a mans intentions and heart that really matter.
This whole thing is being blown out of proportion imo.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer

Except there is no Confederate states. Only for a short, bloody few years.

What the flag represents is more than than one thing, but race is a part of it. A giant part of it. But I'm not here to talk about the Civil War. I'm no expert.

That said, I agree it's a stupid move to remove it. Not 3 weeks ago no one give a shit about the flag. Now, people are using a tragedy as a crutch to fill an agenda. Removing flags won't delete it from American history. Removing flags won't magically cause people to go "oh well, no more racism FTW."

I just imagine a bunch of soccer moms driving around screaming shit like Kyle's mom in the South Park movie.