Trump to save Bills?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10709415/donald-trump-approached-buying-buffalo-bills

New York City businessman and billionaire Donald Trump said Tuesday that he has been contacted by a group looking to purchase the Buffalo Bills.

"People have actually talked to me about the Bills," Trump told WBEN radio in Buffalo, N.Y. "I mean, the group of people called me -- would I be interested in investing, and I'll take a look at it. I mean, I look at a lot of things. I'll take a look at it."

Since the death of owner Ralph Wilson last week, speculation around the Bills' future in Buffalo has increased. Trump said he would like to see the team stay in the city.

"I know so many people in Buffalo, and they have asked me about looking at that and I certainly would look at it, but I would ... if it were me, I'd keep the team in Buffalo," he said. "I think it's something that is really vital to the area. ... It would be catastrophic, in my opinion, if Buffalo lost the Buffalo Bills."

Trump said he is "very good friends" with former Bills quarterback Jim Kelly, who is undergoing treatment for cancer in New York City.

"He called me, and actually his family is staying at one of my apartments in New York as he's going through a very rough time," Trump said. "He's a great guy, and he sounded actually really good two days ago. He called me from the hospital."

Kelly said in a 2010 interview with ESPN that he would try to keep the Bills from relocating after Wilson died.

"I do have people in line that will want to purchase the team and keep it in western New York because I do not entertain any offers from anybody looking to move the Buffalo Bills from western New York," Kelly said. "I just won't do it. I'll do whatever it takes to keep them in Buffalo."

RamzFanz

Damnit
Kelly is all class. Love the guy. Wishing him a full recovery.

Trump is a blowhard name dropping self aggrandizer. I pray he stays out of football or there will be a "reality" show to see who starts for the Bills.

"Today, if you want a starting spot on the Buffalo Trumps in Trump stadium, we are going to see who can sell the most hot dogs in Times Square"

Last edited:

fearsomefour

Legend
Kelly is all class. Love the guy. Wishing him a full recovery.

Trump is a blowhard name dropping self aggrandizer. I pray he stays out of football or their will be a "reality" show to see who starts for the Bills.

"Today, if you want a starting spot, we are going to see who can sell the most hot dogs in Times Square"
Agree on both counts.
Trump would make Jerry Jones seem humble and understated.

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
Fuck the Bills esp for literally giving away that all pro rb marshawn lynch to our divisional devil. Again fuck the Bills!

Thank you that is all.

FRO

Legend
I hope somebody does keep them in Buffalo. Those are good loyal fans up there and don't deserve their team taken away. With as popular as the NFL is and the amount of money it generates, I don't know why they couldn't expand. They don't need to be taking teams out of markets. If they really want LA to have a team, then go the expansion route.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I can't even look at Trump because of that fucking hair he sports.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
I can't even look at Trump because of that freaking hair he sports.
Yeah his hair is the worst billionaire hair on the planet, comb overs:rolleyes::eek::D
just rock the bald grow a goatee ,the ladies love it.

Flipper_336

Starter
Name
Carl
freak the Bills esp for literally giving away that all pro rb marshawn lynch to our divisional devil. Again freak the Bills!

Thank you that is all.
I've always had a soft spot for the Bills, especially after they lost four SuperBowls in a row.

PhxRam

I like how he felt it necessary to announce that Kelly was staying at one of HIS apartments.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Trump plans to make a run at buying the Bills
Posted by Mike Florio on April 14, 2014

trump.jpg
AP

When Donald Trump first disclosed his interest in the Bills, he said he’d been approached about investing. Now, he says he wants to take over.

Trump told Tim Graham of the Buffalo News that the one-time owner of the USFL’s New Jersey Generals intends to make a run at buying the Bills.

“I’m going to give it a heavy shot,” Trump said. “I would love to do it, and if I can do it I’m keeping it in Buffalo.”

Of course, Trump wouldn’t be doing that as a favor to the people of Buffalo, but for his own convenience.

“I live in New York, and it’s easier for me to go to Buffalo than any other place,” Trump said. “Where am I going to move it, some place on the other side of the country, where I have to travel for five hours?”

Regardless of the motivation, the end result of a Trump purchase of the Bills would be that they would remain the Buffalo Bills.

Trump apparently can afford to buy the team. Per Graham, Forbes estimates that Trump is worth $3.9 billion. Graham reports that but “sources close to [Trump] claim he’s worth almost three times that.”

It sounds like the source close to Trump is Trump himself, because that sounds like something Trump would say. Whether it’s $3.9 billion or $11.7 billion, he can afford it. The real question is whether he can get enough votes to approve his entry into one of the most exclusive clubs in the world.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I hope not. This egotistical jackass killed the USFL.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I'm just so intrigued with his hair.

Alan

Legend
LesBaker with this gem:
I don't think so. o_O
Les, you're brilliant! I constantly underestimate just how brilliant you are.(y)
I think every other team should have an owner just like him. We could probably end up with 4 first round picks every year. :LOL:

psxpaul

Rookie
Name
Paul
Did anyone else see the ESPN 30 for 30 on the USFL? They painted Trump as a total world class a-hole that single handedly killed the league.