Trumaine Johnson, Todd Gurley fined for Week 13 infractions

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...on-todd-gurley-fined-for-week-13-infractions/

Trumaine Johnson, Todd Gurley fined for Week 13 infractions
Posted by Josh Alper on December 9, 2016

621525316-e1481317747133.jpg
Getty Images

A couple of Rams players heard from the league this week about fines that will add some financial losses to the on-field one they suffered against the Patriots last weekend.

Cornerback Trumaine Johnson has been fined $18,231 by the league for a facemask on Patriots running back LeGarrette Blount. Johnson yanked Blount down by the facemask on what looked to be an intentional grab at the tail end of a run late in the first half of the game.

Blount was already down when Johnson pulled on the facemask, although that wasn’t enough to give the game’s officials cause to penalize Johnson on the field.

Rams running back Todd Gurley was fined $9,115 for a chop block on Patriots linebacker Dont’a Hightower that was penalized. Hightower was shaken up on the play, but returned to help the Patriots finish off a 26-10 win.

wmc540

Pro Bowler
There was enough to give the game's official cause to penalize Johnson. They just missed it.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Fining for penalties is so fucking stupid. I don't get it. They got flagged for it. It's part of the game. What a total load of bullshit.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Fining for penalties is so freaking stupid. I don't get it. They got flagged for it. It's part of the game. What a total load of bullcrap.
I don't mind it so much. It's incentive to quit doing stupid shit.
Also, all of the money goes to the NFL Player Care Foundation and the Gene Upshaw Players Association's Player Assistance Trust.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
I don't mind it so much. It's incentive to quit doing stupid crap.
Also, all of the money goes to the NFL Player Care Foundation and the Gene Upshaw Players Association's Player Assistance Trust.
Im not sure if I trust the NFL enough to believe that. But I hope it's true. I suppose you're right though. But if it wasn't intentional you can't really blame the player.

jap

Legend
When the NFL starts fining OT's for choke holding The Mighty Quinn, then I can see things their way. Right now and for the last several years, the bias against the Rams DE is way too extreme.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Let's be fair as well it's pocket change to these guys

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
As I recall, the chop block wasn't even Gurley's fault...

SierraRam

Recreational User
Rams being fined for rule infractions
vs. Patriots!! ... Salt in the wounds :mad:

images
Mods - how do give yourself a 'Shoot Me'?