Trick plays

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ramaslama

what kind of trick plays would you like to see this year? What was your favorite trick play of last year?

I would like to see them incorporate the hook and ladder. thoughts?

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Tavons reverse cut back was sweet. WR passes and some Hekker throws should be the usual.

PaRam24

UDFA
I agree with legatron4, that reverse cutback against the bears was a very well designed play, and a great way to start the game. I'm wondering if they could get away with running it again this season, or something very similar.

theramsruleUK

Pro Bowler
I agree with legatron4, that reverse cutback against the bears was a very well designed play, and a great way to start the game. I'm wondering if they could get away with running it again this season, or something very similar.
the double reverse to stedman was boss as well.
It just shows that schotty can be creative, we just need to see more of it..

jap

Legend
I wouldn't mind seeing some WR/TE laterals to Tavon after catches to maximize YAC.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
I wouldn't mind seeing some WR/TE laterals to Tavon after catches to maximize YAC.

If you lateral back to someone and they score a touchdown, what does the stat look like? Example, Givens catches it beyond the line of scrimmage and laterals back to Tavon and he scores a touchdown, does Austin get credit for the catch or just the touchdown?

SierraRam

Recreational User

Oh yeah! The old hook and ladder. You never see that anymore

upload_2014-7-20_8-5-58.jpeg

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
If you lateral back to someone and they score a touchdown, what does the stat look like? Example, Givens catches it beyond the line of scrimmage and laterals back to Tavon and he scores a touchdown, does Austin get credit for the catch or just the touchdown?

What is this? Some sort of mess with our heads trivia question? ;)

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
From a publisher of Fantasy Football Software's FAQ page:

http://footballsoftware.com/faq-commish-stats.html#s1

How is the yardage calculated when there is a receiving lateral?

If a receiver laterals the ball to a teammate, the receiving yardage continues and the quarterback will still be awarded a TD pass.

EXAMPLE: In week 7 of 2003, Daunte Culpepper of Minnesota threw a 44-yard pass to Randy Moss, who dished the ball to Moe Williams, who ran the final 15 yards for a TD.
It will be recorded as a Passing TD from Daunte Culpepper to Moe Williams. Laterals are considered "continuation" plays, so the play is scored as the same type of play that it started out as before the lateral. So, here is how it is recorded:

Daunte Culpepper: 1 completion, 59 yards passing, 59-yard TD pass
Moe Williams: 0 reception, 15 receving yards, 15-yard receiving TD
Randy Moss: 1 reception, 44 yards receiving

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
idk which trick plays I wanna see but as long as I see a little blue and gold blur wearing #11 streaking down the sidelines im happy : )

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
what kind of trick plays would you like to see this year? What was your favorite trick play of last year?

I would like to see them incorporate the hook and ladder. thoughts?
Technically, the play is called hook and lateral.

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
I'd like to see play from Bradford that makes analysts believe they were "tricked" into thinking he would have a mediocre season.

BadCompany

Rookie
Not a trick play, but on opening day, on the opening drive, I would like to see the Rams go shotgun, no huddle.

THAT would be a trick, no?

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
I'd be happy to see our offence make 4 yards every time they touch the ball - dink passes, runs up the belly - I seriously don't care, I want to keep our D as fresh as daisies and hungry to win that ball back - opposing QB's will hate seeing a fresh Quinn, Long, Brockers and Donald coming on the field...

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
How about we steal a play from Coach Lombardi's play book, and bring back the 'Old Power sweep', run it until they can stop it, which will be NEVER with our New Line!