TRANSCRIPTS: Rams Head Coach Jeff Fisher, RB Todd Gurley - Post Practice - 11/24/15

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Rams Head Coach Jeff Fisher – Post Practice – 11/24/15

(On if he has any update on QB Case Keenum)
"Yeah, he was in the building…looked at a lot of tape. Has not been cleared for any activity for today, but we're hopeful that tomorrow he'll be ready to do some things outside. So, he's feeling pretty good actually."

(On if Keenum's health has improved from yesterday)
"Yes."

(On if he thinks there are any setbacks for Keenum)
"No setbacks. No, he was fine. He just hasn't been cleared for any physical activity. He's in the protocol and that's typically the way things work on Tuesdays. So, he'll go through some more testing tomorrow and then we're hopeful that he'll be released for activity tomorrow."

(On if he was involved in the concussion protocol meetings that happened around the league today)
"I was not involved in that. To my knowledge, it has not happened yet."

(On if he knows if there will be any changes made to the protocol or if that’s important to him at the moment)
"Actually is it. It's an important issue. I mean, it's really a serious issue and the league's taking it very serious and you can understand why. So, the league's gathering information and we're looking at the system under which we operate right now to see if there's anything we can do to where we avoid that kind of situation that happened to Case. So, there will be a conference call and the league's going to gather the information and they'll adjust the features ever so slightly, I guess, on gameday."

(On if he has any ideas he would bring forward as a competition committee member)
"As a competition committee member, there’s really…you're talking about two separate issues here. When the league introduced their proposal to the National Football League, they wanted the competition committee’s opinion on the competitive issues, with respect to the medical timeout. So that's what we offered. We were all in favor of it. As far as recommendations and suggestions as to how something like this doesn't happen again, I can't go there because there's too many entities right now. They’re discussing their opinions of exactly what happened."

(On if the guys came back ready today)
"There back, yeah, look at them. A dozen of them out there and practice is over. I have a dozen of them out there still practicing doing extra work. So, yeah they came back by the way. I was actually here at practice. It was really kind of fun. (laughs)”

(On how DE Chris Long did in his first game back)
"Thirty-five plays and he did OK. He had a couple hurries and had some pressures and was active. He hadn’t played a lot of football in the last year so I'm expecting him to just get better and better. He's doing good. He said he felt really good."

(On Long being down on his play after the game)
"I think he was down more on the loss than he was necessarily on himself. I think everybody in that locker room was disappointed on the loss. But Chris is going to get better each week."

(On DE Matt Longacre's productivity)
"Yeah, Matt's getting pressure on the quarterback and he's reading the run really well and he's playing the run really well. He's making plays. So, he's hard to move and he's instinctive. Really, it's the same thing he did in the preseason. He's been very productive, so it's good that we were able to bring him up."

(On how this week could potentially be different for QB Sean Mannion if Keenum is unable to play)
“Sean, he just prepares himself to play. That’s just what he does. Hypothetically speaking, in the event that something’s not right with Case at the end of the week, his week will be different. Yeah, thinking that he’ll probably have to be a two. (QB) Nick (Foles) took the work today and had a great day. He had a great day today.”

(On if Keenum is cleared he’ll still be the starter)
“That’s correct, yes.”

(On what things he can do to spark change on the offense)
“Well, we’ve got to get better on third down. We’ve got to run the ball better and we’ve got to throw it better. Every week’s a different challenge, a unique challenge from the standpoint of you’re attacking a different defense. It’s a well-coached defense. They’re really talented, so we’ve been game planning and we’re going to fit things in and make some adjustments offensively that we hope we’ll have success with.”

(On if he would like to get WR Tavon Austin more involved)
“Yes. That’s what I said after the game, two touches was not enough for him last week.”

(On why Austin didn’t have many touches last weekend)
“There’s a lot of different reasons for it. We had a lot of things up for Tavon that we checked out of because we didn’t get the looks that we liked and went a different direction.”

(On Austin’s playmaking ability even as a decoy)
“Defenses, we’ve been saying since he’s been here, they’re concerned about him. They don’t want him to get the ball on the edge. They’re concerned about him. So with that in mind, if they’re edge conscious and they’re aware of him on the, we call them ‘ghosts’, then something else should open up for us.”

(On if he ever reaches the point to where he says, regardless of the looks we’re getting from the defense, we need to get the ball in Austin’s hands from a play-to-play basis)
“Well, yes and no. It depends on what’s called. You don’t want to hand a reverse off to him and have a defensive back five yards back in backfield making a tackle for loss. So, it depends on the nature of the call.”

(On if what RB Todd Gurley is going through now is the result of defenses focusing more on him)
“Todd is a good runner. This is not Todd’s issue right now. This is an offensive issue.”

(On if it’s fair to expect OLs Demetrius Rhaney and Cody Wichmann to show improvement this week)
“That’s usually the case, especially when you’re talking about Cody, who got to play. It was the first time that he got to play. So yeah, I think he’ll learn from the speed of the game, learn from his mistakes and he should get better. It’s a tough week to get better against this defense, but I expect Cody to improve and same thing with ‘D.’”

Rams RB Todd Gurley – Post Practice – 11/24/15

(On if there are things the offense can do to that they haven’t done already to get the run game going)
“Coaches have been doing a great job all year, but they implemented some new runs and we’ll try them out this week and see how they go.”

(On if they’re implementing new runs that he’s comfortable with)
“Oh yeah, definitely.”

(On what he sees when he watches film of himself now)
“Still running hard, but like I said, it’s kind of a tough adjustment. You’ve got four guys down. So, that’s always going to be a tough adjustment, new guys coming in. At the end of the day, we’ve still got to play hard and execute and make the calls and do everything else up front.”

(On how frustrating it is to not have as many explosive plays compared to his first few games)
“It’s a little frustrating, but at the end of the day, all we want to do is win. So like I said, if we don’t really have too many explosive plays and we win, that’s fine with me.”

(On if it’s important for him to get in a rhythm with an offensive lineman)
“Like I said, we’ve got to execute. Whether we’re making adjustments at the line of scrimmage or making different calls or stuff like that.”

(On if there’s an adjustment period when new offensive linemen come in)
“Yeah, definitely. One lineman might react a lot different or his reaction time might not be as quick or as fast as the one before. But like I said, everybody’s been doing a great job preparing and putting in the work throughout the week. We’ve just got to come to the game with that.”

(On if he has any early impressions of Cincinnati’s defense)
“Great defense up front. Those guys just do what they do. They don’t try to trick you with anything. They line up. Play ball. Good secondary. Good linebackers from (LB) A.J. (Hawk) Then, you’ve got (DT) Geno (Atkins) on the D-line. So, they’re definitely going to be a challenge.”

(On if he knows Bengals WR A.J. Green)
“I was talking about A.J. Hawk. But, I think I’ve met A.J. probably once or twice.”

(On if Bengals DT Geno Atkins is a Georgia Bulldog)
“Yep.”

(On if he would like to be thrown to more in a game)
“It’s whatever. I’m a running back, so I run the ball. But, if they want to throw to ball to me, too, that’s fine.”

(On if he thinks he has good hands)
“Yeah. I do jugs every day after practice, so yeah.”

(On how he feels physically after starting seven games)
“I feel fine. It’s crazy. Sunday after the game, I could barely move. Then, you come in do treatment Monday and I’m back fine. So, I’m recovering very well.”

(On him being able to recover quicker because of his age)
“Yeah, that’s how I am. I asked (DE) Chris Long today, ‘How do you feel, man?’ I try to not to look too far ahead, but you know.”

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
(QB) Nick (Foles) took the work today and had a great day. He had a great day today.”
Oh yeah Fish? How much time should Keenum be allowed to miss to just scrub his start and start Nick?

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
(On him being able to recover quicker because of his age)
“Yeah, that’s how I am. I asked (DE) Chris Long today, ‘How do you feel, man?’ I try to not to look too far ahead, but you know.”
made me smirk. I feel for Chris. Ram for life.