TRANSCRIPTS: Jeff Fisher, Gregg Williams, Nick Foles - Post Practice 11/27/15

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Rams Head Coach Jeff Fisher – Post Practice – 11/27/15

(On who the starting quarterback will be Sunday)
“At this point, Case (Keenum) has been limited in practice. I’ve got him listed as questionable. He’s not quite cleared the concussion protocol. Unless we get good news tomorrow, then Nick (Foles) will be our starter. If he’s completely cleared and he feels good, then he’ll (Keenum) start. But, as it is right now, it’s looking like we’re going to potentially have to go with Nick, which is great. I’m so excited about Nick getting a chance to play. Then, Case might be our third, unless things get better tomorrow.”

(On if he will have additional information on Keenum tomorrow)
“Information, yes the protocol. There will be some more tests that are done tomorrow. We’re not going to subject him to any risk whatsoever.”

(On any updates regarding WR Stedman Bailey)
“Our doctors have talked to the attending physicians and the surgeons and he’s in stable condition right now. Our head trainer went down, Reggie (Scott) went down to see him and we’re just trying to gather more information right now. But, he’s in stable condition. As far as the incident is concerned, there’s an on-going investigation. I have not gotten any details at that point.”

(On if Bailey in still in the Intensive Care Unit)
“He’s in ICU, yeah. He’ll be in ICU for the next few days, yes.”

(On if it makes more sense to name Foles the starting quarterback at this point in the week)
“Well, we split the reps. They were a little bit uneven today, but they split them equally (Wednesday). So, we just have to wait to see how the protocol sorts itself out and how he feels tomorrow.”

(On if two weeks is enough rest for Foles)
“He had a great week. He seized the opportunity and he had a great week this week. So, loves the game plan and he’s ready to play. I think our offense understands where the challenges are and we need to score points. Nick’s excited about the opportunity if he plays.”

(On what he thinks about WRs Tavon Austin and Kenny Britt wearing a No. 12 jersey at practice today in honor of Bailey)
“That’s cool. They love Sted. If we had enough jerseys to go around, everybody would’ve had a (No.) 12 jersey on, including me. We just don’t have enough to go around. It’s a very, very unfortunate incident. What we’re able to gather is he was just simply in the wrong place at the wrong time. So, again, we’re still waiting to get information, but the guys love Sted. Sted’s a very popular player, a great teammate, very, very talented player. It’s unfortunate, we were a week away from him coming back in the building and getting ready to help us win.”

(On what concerns him most about Cincinnati on offense)
“Their receivers, the running backs, the quarterback and the offensive linemen and the tight ends. So, that would cover all the positions. (laughs) Yes, they’re very good. They’re well-coached. They’ve done a good job. Andy’s (Dalton) a special quarterback. So, yeah, defense is going to have to play really well.”

(On if he considers Cincinnati’s offense to be well-balanced)
“Run-pass, scoring, third down efficiency, everything. They do a really nice job.”

(On DE Robert Quinn’s status)
“He’s coming. He’s better. He didn’t do anything today, but he’s better. We’ll see how he is tomorrow. I’m going to list him as questionable.”

(On CB Trumaine Johnson’s status)
“Trumaine is questionable as well. He’s getting better.”

Rams Defensive Coordinator Gregg Williams – Post Practice – 11/27/15

(On what challenges they face with the Bengals offense)
“They’re playing very well. They’ve got a lot of good players and they’ve done a very good job with bringing the right kind of people in that they want in their offense. I think they’re very well-coached. I think (Bengals Offensive Coordinator) Hue (Jackson) has done a very good job of assimilating playing to athletic ability. I’ve always thought that their offensive line has always been very well-coached. Back in the old AFC Central days when we were going up there all the time, we’ve had very similar people in that organization that I’ve gone against for a long time. Have a lot of respect for them. We’ve got our work cut out for us. It’ll be an interesting day because of the weather and then how will the offenses and defenses be affected by that? But, that’s fun also. That’s a lot of fun. Any kind of weather is defensive weather, that’s okay.”

(On if they are expecting rain for the game)
“People are saying that. That’s why we went out today. We went out here today to handle a wet ball for the offense and then defensively for our footing. Even though they’re field turf up there, it’s always good for us to get out in the conditions and it was good for challenging our guys to get out there and do it. It was good.”

(On CB Marcus Roberson filling in)
“He does very well. Last year, he did that quite a bit last year. He’s fit in very well. He wouldn’t be here, he wouldn’t be on this team if he’s not ready to go. He’s done a very good job. He’s been in situationally for the last two years, the two years I’ve been here. I thought when he got in there last year he did a very good job and he always does. We play our defense structured around who’s out there anyways. He understands the terminology. He’s done very well on the reps he’s played so far. I can’t wait to watch him play if he gets an opportunity this week, we’ll see.”

(On if having a full week of practice will help Roberson if he plays)
“Not only that, it’s that we don’t do anything different. He’s had that for two years and he’s played in a lot of game activity last year. He’s played in almost each and every game he’s gotten a few reps in there. I really have no reservations about it. He’s ready to roll.”

(On if Cincinnati is as dangerous of a team that they’ve seen all season)
“We’ve played against some high-rolling offenses. They’ve got some good weapons, but we’ve played against some good ones already this year too. We’ve played against some teams that are going to have future Hall of Famers and we’ll see how these guys are too. Each and every week, we’ve got to handle the space plays. We’ve got to handle the athletes when they create space plays. It’s really a lot not different. We’ve just got to understand where our leverages are, where our help is, what the situations are. And we’ve done a very good job this year from midseason last year of understanding situational football. We let a couple of plays get away from us this year in the Chicago game. They did very well last week. We’ve just got back to playing our kind of ball.”

(On if he has to coach defense different based on how the offense is playing)
“No, defense is measured by how well you tackle and how many points allowed. The fact that we play in different, adverse situations – and it doesn’t make any difference how many years I’ve been coaching, this has been going on – defensively, that’s a situation within itself. We got through 32 situations every single week and there’s 32 specific situations of defense. A lot of people don’t understand that. I smile because I do. I smile because we do. When you play on certain short fields or you play long fields, you have to do things different defensively because it’s about space. We’ve got to do a good job of defending space.”

(On if there are different ways he has to generate pass rush without DE Robert Quinn)
“We’ve got good people here. We’ve got good pass rushers here. Obviously, it’s always good to have him out there. We’ve done a lot of good things tricking-wise. We’ve done a lot of good things pressure-wise. Our playbook is pretty thick. We’re able to do whatever it is, whoever we have to play.”

(On how Cincinnati’s formations and shifts impact the way they have to prepare)
“I’ve done that a long time. I’ve been in this league, it’s not anything new. It may be new to you all, but it’s not new to me and it’s not new to us. It’s just what we’ve got to be able to do and each and every week we prepare for that, even on teams that haven’t shown that. So, it’s just one other aspect of special situation football. If it comes up, we’ll be ready.”

Rams QB Nick Foles – Post Practice – 11/27/15

(On what it has been like not playing)
"Watching Case and looking through a different lens, you learn a lot through the experience. I’ve been preparing the same as I’ve always been. If you’re going to play quarterback, you always have to prepare like you’re starting. Preparation hasn’t changed when I stepped back. You’re always ready to go if your number is called.”

(On if he has ever gone through a week like this where he wasn’t sure if he was going to play or not)
“I’m sure I have in college. Been through injuries, been through different things like that. So, I’ve gone through a week, based on injury, if I’m not going to go or I am going to go with limited reps.”

(On if he will wait until Saturday or Sunday to find out if he’s going to play)
“I’m always ready, so whenever that number’s called I stay ready. It’s not like I turn it on or turn it off. I just stay ready. If that’s what they want to do, I’m going to be the same Nick and hopefully just play better. You want to go in there and play better, get a win, play efficient on offense and get drives going. That’s the goal.”

(On if he thinks stepping back will help him play better)
“I think through every opportunity that I’ve had in my life, whether good/bad or whatever, I’ve learned a lot through it. So, we’ll see if that opportunity arises.”

(On if Coach Fisher calls him and asks him to play, he’s not going to tell him that he’ll think about it)
“No, I’m always ready. Since I’ve been here, I’ve been ready to play and that hasn’t changed. Throughout what’s happened, I’ve always remained. I’ve been enjoying watching Case (Keenum). I think the world of Case and how he preprares and how he is as a player.”

(On how Keenum seems to be doing)
“Case seems great. He’s continuing to go through the protocol and that’s part of it. He’s just got to go through the protocol.”

(On if he has had a concussion before)
“Yes, I suffered one a couple years ago in Philadelphia and had to go through the protocol. I wasn’t able to make it back the next week.”

(On what he has seen from Cincinnati)
“They’re a great team. Obviously, one of the best teams in the NFL right now. Defensively, their front is pretty impressive with what they’re able to do. Secondary is going to try and disguise different things. I probably sound like a broken record, but that’s the NFL. Teams are going to try and disguise on us. I think the key to us is, it’s always staying inside the chains. If we do get to third down, make sure it’s third and manageable. We’ve been in a lot of third and longs this year. So, staying inside the chains and doing a good job on first and second down. On the road, in the red zone you have to come away with touchdowns.”

(On if the Bengals do a lot of tricky things up front)
“They’re going to have guys moving around. They have different packages, so it’s just based on if they’re in base/nickel – whatever they have on the field, that can change. But, I feel good about our preparation throughout the week.”

(On if he is going to tell the offensive line to take care of DT Geno Atkins)
“Those guys always have their hands full. They’re doing a great job. We’ve got a young group that’s going to continue to grow.”

(On if this has been a difficult week for him)
“We’ve had a lot of emotions here with Stedman (Bailey) - I think that’s the big thing. Our prayers are with Sted - I think that’s the big thing. When one of your brothers goes through something like that, you’re just thankful for what you have and just saying our prayers for him. Going out and playing for him is important. When you step on the field and I step in that huddle, I’m so used to seeing him there.”

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
If Case is smart he won't want to pass concussion protocol... Atkins will probably spend half the game in the offensive backfield.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
“They’re going to have guys moving around. They have different packages, so it’s just based on if they’re in base/nickel – whatever they have on the field, that can change.
Go hurry up offense once you get them in a defense you like then?
You know who's run that before?

Last edited: