TRANSCRIPT: Rams Coach Jeff Fisher, 8-2-12

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Shaky

Friday, August 03 2012 @ 06:30 AM CDT
Contributed by: Shaky

Rams Head Coach Jeff Fisher- Training Camp- August 2, 2012
(On how the practice today was)
“It was good. It was our first official practice with the whole team with pads. What happens is it slows down a little bit even though they only weigh a few pounds, It slows down. But I thought we got a lot done and we worked a lot of situational stuff, the two minute, the redzone and I thought it was pretty good.”

(On how to start separating players)
“It’s especially beneficial for the guys up front that got the pass rush for the first time in 7 or 8 months so that was good. We need as much of that kind of stuff as they can get so we’ll continue with that the next couple of days. It’s a process and we’ve got a lot of time ahead of us.”

(On a few “scuffles”)
“I mean they’re competing and they understand. The issue is allowing those things to carry over to the game. You cannot let those kinds of things carry over into a game. But out here you can understand and appreciate them protecting their teammates. I understand that.”

(On how DT Michael Brockers looked at practice)
“I watched him a little bit in the pass rush but I’ll have to watch the tape. Just trying to watch a lot of different things.”

(On practice with officials here)
“Yes officials will typically come out for three days. They’ll do a presentation on the rule changes and then they usually work practice for three days. So they’ll be with us Friday and Saturday. It’s really good for them. This group’s been working really hard in clinics and trying to get caught up. I visited with them a little bit inside and it’s a two way street. It helps us and it helps them.”

(On CB Jerome murphy)
“Yeah he’s just a little sore, we have a chance to get them all back in the next day or so. We had him back….they were in individual. They went through individual today so that’s an indication of where they are.”

(On the wide receiver competition)
“It’s great, yeah, it’s great and it’s continued every day. We see different things every day but they’re battling. They’re all taking turns making plays.”

(On T Roger Saffold coming back from an injury)
“The injury’s completely behind him. He’s strong. He’s really worked hard this offseason, with his feet, his balance and his technique and the injury’s behind and he’s doing just fine. He’s got a couple pretty good rushers out there to work against every day.”

(On OL Rokevious Watkins being back)
“Yeah he got back in. He’s worked very, very hard inside. He’s still not quite there yet but he’s getting closer.”

(On how long it will take him to catch up)
“Probably so, it’ll probably take him, based on where he’s come in a short period of time, I imagine it’ll take him another week before he’s caught up.”

(On the safety competition)
“Yeah we’re alternating every day and that’s good for both of them. Then we’ll start alternating some positions as well but they’re both very smart and both very talented.”

(On what he is looking for in a safety)
“Well you’re looking for first a thorough understanding of the defense and to be able to…for them to be interchangeable both positions - strong safety, free safety - and then you’ve got to be a complete player, in that you’ve got to be a good run defender and good tackler and you’ve got to be able to play spacing and break up passes.”

Ramsfans.com
http://www.nflfans.com/rams2/article.ph ... 3063040476