Trading Down

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
A few scenerios to consider using the trade value chart (which may or may not still mean anything)

Bengals get pick 37, pick 234
Rams get pick 41, pick 153, pick 193

Browns get pick 37, 112
Rams get picks 52, 65

Bucs get 37, 153
Rams get 50, 84

Raiders get 37
Rams get 56, 88, 129

Of course, it all depends on how picks 1-36 go - and it takes 2 to tango - these teams would need to have someone there at 37 that they like to make these kind of swaps - but these are fairly close to even value.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm all for trading down. The question about how far really depend on who's available. I am apprehensive with trading down to the 50's but again it all depends on who's available.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
With Jones, Conley, and Mareau out there....I'd take the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th option....

Finally...someone making sense....trading back into the 3rd is rich this year.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Nope I want Ju ju, Zay, or Godwin..... If we trade down we a probably end up with Kupp and I would be mad

Well you shouldn't be - Kupp will be the best of those names. But even if you want one of those 3 names, trading down makes sense.

WestCoastRam

Legend
If GB doesn't take Kizer... maybe we'd be a likely trade target. Every team between them and us doesn't really need him (maybe the Chargers). Regardless, one hopes he goes before us and pushes down a pick.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
If GB doesn't take Kizer... maybe we'd be a likely trade target. Every team between them and us doesn't really need him (maybe the Chargers). Regardless, one hopes he goes before us and pushes down a pick.
I don't see GB taking any QB at that pick.
They already have Huntley.

If GB stays at 33, my bet is on a RB. Probably Cool

InnovatedMind

NO MA'AM President
Name
Joe
Nope I want Ju ju, Zay, or Godwin..... If we trade down we a probably end up with Kupp and I would be mad

Completely agreed. Let the draft fall to you.

Lamp isn't our END ALL BE ALL.... He wasn't even a real thought until yesterday. He'll get drafted before us and we'll stick to our plan that makes sense for our team...

Drafting a receiver that can turn into a #1.

Don't get cute.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
Here's my guess (for the record);

• I think we trade up if we're going Lamp (not likely).
  • I think we trade down if we're going WR (likely). And then the analysis put together by OP @12intheBox comes into play.
  • If we stay put at 37 I think we go CB (most likely).
Personally, I'd like to see us trade down and go BPA, with emphasis on OL, CB and WR (in no specific order).