Tractor Advise

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
i know we have a few folks on here that use tractors and I need some advice. I know I need a compact utility tractor. But not sure which one.

I am looking to get a small tractor for my property. I don't need anything big at all, want something that I can get a 60" cut as well as a brush hog attachment. I have about 15 acres of land with a mix of lawn, horse pasture and woods, so I need something small enough to get in my woods and keep my trails tame, may require taking trees out now and then. Something small enough to cut my grass like a dream and something with the muscle to do the occasional heavy lifting I may need in terms of pulling something such as a small trailer. The property was my in-laws and has been over grown and I need a little muscle to help tame it down. I don't want to be fooled by a recognizable brand. I want to get the best bang for my buck.

We are moving out here to make it home, but it needs a lot of work. I'm seeing these online with the options I would want from Kubota and JD for about 15K. Before I jumped in I just wanna make sure I wouldn't be over paying. Maybe there is a great brand that cost less that I'm not aware of. Any help is great help.

Last edited:

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I owned a nice water cooled John Deere lawn tractor years ago. 60" cut, PTO, was a great machine.

Some people may have different opinions, but that baby was well built.

I only sold it when I moved and no longer had the property that required a big machine like that.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Hey Juggs.

When I was in landscaping, the go to machine for most of what you are talking about was the Kubota. It may still be but it seems I have seen some others being used these days. You might want to ask a couple landscapers if you know any. Get their take. They usually know what's on the market and the best place to get them.