Top story lines for training camp

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Me; I am most interested in Havenstein and Brown.

We need these guys to step up and earn those starting jobs. It's HUGE!

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Me; I am most interested in Havenstein and Brown.

We need these guys to step up and earn those starting jobs. It's HUGE!

Yeah me too and the Center position as well, will it be Jones, Barnes or Rhaney?

Also I want to see how the offense is progressing under Cignetti & others...No doubt the right side of the offensive line will be under the microscope and after years of futility patience is not something most Ram fans posses at this juncture.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
The entire O-Line has to Jell Quick!! ( So our "O" can take-off!!)

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
B. Quick's recovery and picking up where he left off production wise on the field.

I'm crossing my fingers and I'm going to be burning some sage.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
The media's top story for the rams will be whether or not Gurley is practicing or not. Its one of mine too. I'm ready to see this kid steam roll the NFC West hopefully starting game 1 with the seachickens.

Big Game

Living The Dream
I'm interested in seeing the Oline in the preseason games. I want to see if Cigs will show anything during preseason about our offense (I doubt it and i really think we will see a hybrid spread offense that will use the power run game similar to what we opened the 2012 season with)

Alan

Legend
These are the battles I'll be most interested in:

RT
- Not that there's much competition here but seeing how well will Havenstein is able to defend against the pass rush will be something of vital importance.

RG - Will one of our draftees start or will Reynolds start at the beginning of the season.

C- which of our three candidates will win out.

OLB - Will Dunbar be able to fend off Ayers for the starting position and will Ayers substantially upgrade the LB corps if he doesn't.

RB - Who will win a place on our final 53 among Brown, Franks, Pead and Reynolds.

WR - who will win the battle to be our 5th WR among Givens, Blake, Ferguson, Slavin, Wylie, Williams and Marquez.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Top 5 defense.....I'll expect them to dominate most teams.....so I wanna see how they come together....how do they look...

Offensive expectations, rather story lines, are just not...important early in the year with all the new pieces....

Rams43

Hall of Fame
So many worthy story lines to follow for camp and preseason games...

But if I'm allowed to pick only one, it has to be how Foles integrates himself in this Cigs O.

Is he clicking with his WR's and TE's?

Is he comfortable with drops after taking snaps from Center?

Is he comfortable with his OL?

Can he read the D and throw to the right receiver?

Are his throws quick enough and with sufficient accuracy?

How do his occasional deep throws look? Are they enough to scare a secondary?

Do his play action fakes look good enough to make a D hesitate?

Since I am among those that feel we were just a QB shy of being playoff contenders, I have to say that our hopes for Foles are well founded. But I will be able to breathe freely only after I start to see the evidence either via camp reports such as CoachO's or with my own eyes in the preseason games.

tahoe

Pro Bowler
I think the offensive line will be the single biggest key to the rams success so I will definitely be interested in how the line progresses. Not too many battles on the defensive side. It will be interesting to see how Foles and the offense shape up.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
Mine will actually be watching whether or not a UDFA will make his presence felt this off-season. Particularly Trinca-Pasat. Should be a fun battle there.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
The entire offense as a whole. Oline, QB, RB, will a WR emerge and really have shot at 1000 yards.

Fatbot

Pro Bowler
My interests in no particular order:

-Offense identity and what's Foles role? I think he could be a leader that wins games, but will he be asked to win games or just manage? Is the offense going to be a conservative nightmare mash of west coast offense and power running reminiscent of the Marty Ball Browns of the 90s? Or a power running/play action team with modern passing concepts?

-Does Nick Fairley live up to his potential, avoid injury and wreak havoc in the pass rush next to Donald? Can he replace K.Langford's run stuffing presence on short yardage situations?

-CB battle and who ends up playing the slot, and what happens to Joyner if he's the #4 CB, is he wasted on the bench? Can these CBs snuff out the short pass when offenses try to avoid our pass rush and grab more turnovers?

-Ogletree & Ayers. Does Ogletree break out this year? Who comes out when Ayers comes in? Do we see Barron and Ayers at the same time?

-SS situation, will Barron be asked to cover downfield? Does M.Alexander become TJ's backup with Barron more of an OLB?

-Backup FS battle with C.Davis, C.Bryant, and the UDFAs. Can one flash enough added turnover ability to get Fisher thinking about a change if the Rams keep having coverage breakdowns?

-If GZ is making every 30 yd extra point.

-OL. Not just who wins out but how they perform v. AJ Cann's development in Jax. I still stubbornly think the Rams could have got both Cann and Havenstein in the draft by just drafting them in inverse order (despite the rumored Tennessee interest in Rob). If no guard candidates impress and journeyman G.Reynolds ends up starting I won't be thrilled. Or if the C battle becomes a contest of who is the least worst instead of the best, that's where having Cann being able to compete at both would have been a great luxury. But of course if big Rob is plug & play at RT that's a nice luxury, too.

-Health of vets. Can't afford JL nicked up and be a step slow again all year. Need C.Long to be re-energized and back to his old self.

-WR situation, especially if Quick picks up where he left off? Does Tavon become an actual weapon that's used?

-Does Pead really make the team?

-Do the Rams give a true lead blocking FB an actual chance to have a role in the offense?