Top 30 visits

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

StealYoGurley

Pro Bowler
On the eve of the draft, Top 30 visits are always a good indicator of who or what type of player the Rams draft. Jim Thomas used to compile all 30, but now we have to make our own compilation based on a hodgepodge of twitter users. I've managed to compile 26-28 of the 30. Comment if you know who I've missed or if I made a mistake.

EDGE (9)
Kemoko Turay, EDGE, Rutgers
Duke Ejiofor, EDGE, Wake Forrest
Obo Okoronkwo, EDGE, Oklahoma
Josh Sweat, EDGE, Florida State
Dorrance Armstrong, EDGE, Kansas
Kylie Fitts, EDGE, Utah
Jacob Martin, EDGE, Temple
Joe Ostman, EDGE, Central Michigan
Justin Lawler, EDGE, SMU

OL (6?)
James Daniels, C, Iowa
Tyrell Crosby, OT, Oregon
Cole Madison, OL, Washington State
Alex Cappa, OL, Humboldt State
Jamil Demby, OL, Maine
Dejon Allen, OL, Hawaii (local?)

LB (5?)
Jerome Baker, LB, Ohio State
Josey Jewell, LB, Iowa
Christian Sam, LB, Arizona State
Micah Kiser, LB, Virginia
Kenny Young, LB, UCLA (local?)

RB (3)
Rashaad Penny, RB, San Diego State
Akrum Wadley, RB, Iowa
Ito Smith, RB, Southern Mississippi

DB (3)

Justin Reid, S, Stanford
Dane Cruikshank, S, Arizona
Tremon Smith, CB, Central Arkansas

WR (2)

Dante Pettis, WR, Washington
Daurice Fountain, WR, Northern Iowa

Overall impression? Heavy Senior Bowl influence, so it looks like the Rams will drink heavily from the Senior Bowl well for the second year in a row. Interesting how many shapes, sizes, and skillsets the Rams are looking at on the edge. Covering all their bases making sure it hard for other teams to determine who the Rams like the most. Also, interesting how the OL list is almost exclusively college LTs who project as NFL guards. Speaks to the state of the tackle class, but also Sneed's belief that if you draft a starting tackle you most likely draft that guy early. At LB there is a mix of thumpers and cover guys which makes me think they may mix and match there. IMO Rams will draft an RB earlier than many think, giving the Rams a dynamic satellite back to compliment Gurley.

Malibu

Pro Bowler
Problem I see with those OLine visits are 2 will never even get close to making it to us (Crosby and Daniels) rest are later draft picks.

No Rankins, ONeill, Ragnow, Brown, Christian, Jones, Okafor and Ricgardson possibly one could fall. We need a LT and it is very doubtful we will be picking high enough next year to find a Whit replacement. So unless a FA becomes available and historically good ones never do outside of Brown and Whit and Whit was a maybe that turned out great for us. We MUST try and address first I believe if possible so he can sit for a year and fill in where needed.

Last edited:

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
On the eve of the draft, Top 30 visits are always a good indicator of who or what type of player the Rams draft. Jim Thomas used to compile all 30, but now we have to make our own compilation based on a hodgepodge of twitter users. I've managed to compile 26-28 of the 30. Comment if you know who I've missed or if I made a mistake.

EDGE (9)
Kemoko Turay, EDGE, Rutgers
Duke Ejiofor, EDGE, Wake Forrest
Obo Okoronkwo, EDGE, Oklahoma
Josh Sweat, EDGE, Florida State
Dorrance Armstrong, EDGE, Kansas
Kylie Fitts, EDGE, Utah
Jacob Martin, EDGE, Temple
Joe Ostman, EDGE, Central Michigan
Justin Lawler, EDGE, SMU

OL (6?)
James Daniels, C, Iowa
Tyrell Crosby, OT, Oregon
Cole Madison, OL, Washington State
Alex Cappa, OL, Humboldt State
Jamil Demby, OL, Maine
Dejon Allen, OL, Hawaii (local?)

LB (5?)
Jerome Baker, LB, Ohio State
Josey Jewell, LB, Iowa
Christian Sam, LB, Arizona State
Micah Kiser, LB, Virginia
Kenny Young, LB, UCLA (local?)

RB (3)
Rashaad Penny, RB, San Diego State
Akrum Wadley, RB, Iowa
Ito Smith, RB, Southern Mississippi

DB (3)

Justin Reid, S, Stanford
Dane Cruikshank, S, Arizona
Tremon Smith, CB, Central Arkansas

WR (2)

Dante Pettis, WR, Washington
Daurice Fountain, WR, Northern Iowa

Overall impression? Heavy Senior Bowl influence, so it looks like the Rams will drink heavily from the Senior Bowl well for the second year in a row. Interesting how many shapes, sizes, and skillsets the Rams are looking at on the edge. Covering all their bases making sure it hard for other teams to determine who the Rams like the most. Also, interesting how the OL list is almost exclusively college LTs who project as NFL guards. Speaks to the state of the tackle class, but also Sneed's belief that if you draft a starting tackle you most likely draft that guy early. At LB there is a mix of thumpers and cover guys which makes me think they may mix and match there. IMO Rams will draft an RB earlier than many think, giving the Rams a dynamic satellite back to compliment Gurley.

So of the 30 Snead was able to select Four who were targeted pre draft visits: I might want to remember this for the pre 2019 Rams Draft ....

Obo Okoronkwo, EDGE, Oklahoma 5th rd.
Justin Lawler, EDGE, SMU in the 7th rd.
Jamil Demby, OL, Maine in the 6th rd.
Micah Kiser, LB, Virginia in the 5th rd.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Problem I see with those OLine visits are 2 will never even get close to making it to us (Crosby and Daniels) rest are later draft picks.
May help in the future if they become available....via cut or as FA's.....

Surprised by this...myself....thought it was smoke and mirrors most visits.

StealYoGurley

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
So of the 30 Snead was able to select Four who were targeted pre draft visits: I might want to remember this for the pre 2019 Rams Draft ....

Obo Okoronkwo, EDGE, Oklahoma 5th rd.
Justin Lawler, EDGE, SMU in the 7th rd.
Jamil Demby, OL, Maine in the 6th rd.
Micah Kiser, LB, Virginia in the 5th rd.

Yup top 30 visits are one of the best indicators of who the rams will draft. Brian Allen, Sebastian Joseph, Joe Noteboom, and Franklin-Myer also had pre draft visits that I couldn't find on twitter.