Tom Brady plans to play six or seven more years?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
200.gif

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-brady-plans-to-play-six-or-seven-more-years/

Robert Kraft: Tom Brady plans to play six or seven more years
Posted by Michael David Smith

200.gif

Tom Brady wants to give George Blanda a run for his money.

Blanda, the Hall of Fame Raiders kicker and quarterback, was the oldest player in NFL history when he played at age 48. Brady, who will turn 40 in August, hopes to play almost that long.

Patriots owner Robert Kraft told reporters today that he talked to Brady a few days ago, and Brady told him he plans to play six or seven more years.

It’s almost impossible to imagine that actually happening. Blanda was only a kicker by the end of his career, and no quarterback has played past age 44. The oldest player to pass for more than 1,000 yards in a season was Warren Moon, who did it age 42. Athletes just don’t stay on top into their mid-40s.

Kraft also said he hopes his 64-year-old head coach, Bill Belichick, coaches into his 80s. So the Brady-Belichick combination will last for many more years.

bnw

Pro Bowler
If he keeps getting decent protection he can do it given the rules changes favoring QB health/longevity.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Never say never.
The guy seems to get better every year.

InnovatedMind

NO MA'AM President
Name
Joe
Yeah, I learned long ago to never write off Brady.

Still fuming over dropping him after Week 6 in 2014... he was BADDDDDD and everyone kept saying "He lost a step, he's a shell of himself" ... I dropped him then he went off for the rest of the season and ended up I believe Top 5.

Seems like a trend, you write him off he'll make you pay. The guy has heart and passion. He's the NFL version of the designer I want to be.

Last edited:

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
Say what you want about him, everyone does, but the guy has an unreal passion for the game. It appears to drive him. I don't see that in many players.

Ram65

Legend
It's hurts to give Brady any props but, I do have to admire his passion. He better get Bill to draft offensive lineman earlier. TB doesn't move as well as he use which wasn't much to begin with. Doesn't like sleep 9 hours a night and have a special diet.

Very good read on TB and others that follow some of what he does. A bit long to post but worth reading.
http://blog.masslive.com/patriots/2017/02/why_dont_nfl_players_copy_tom.html

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
After last season, I'm sure Tom really believes he can play close to another 5 or more seasons. More likely he only squeezes in another 2 or maybe 3 if his O-Line remains one of the better NFL units.

"The Dude" is a warrior though and every couple of decades in the sports world we do get a freak athlete with good genes and off-season discipline/training that defies father time.

For me, a more telling truth of this possibly happening will be what the great "Miyagi" aka coach Belichick does with his most talked about insurance plan Jimmy Garoppolo.

If Belichick refuses to trade Jimmy G during the 2017 NFL Draft, I think Brady falls well short of playing another 5 seasons of good. If coach Belichick doesn't trade Jimmy G this coming draft, I think that will say more about how many more seasons Tommy really has left in front of him.

__"Defying Father Time"
___
fathertime.jpeg

Brady-e1485455776184.jpg

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Yeah and I plan on having sex with Reese Witherspoon doesn't mean it's going to happen, however, as much as I hate to admit it, Brady has a better shot.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Say what you want about him, everyone does, but the guy has an unreal passion for the game. It appears to drive him. I don't see that in many players.

yeah, well, he's still a jerkoff. that can never change.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
And I plan to be a billionaire. Reality can be a bitch.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
Good for him and his passion, but I think the time comes when you just have to hang up your cleats, he's only as good as his next big hit, and the older he gets the more physically demanding the game will become - I'd hate to see him have to retire due to injury (and no, no blue font, I respect the guy and what he's achieved).

I recon, another SB run and ring and he should announce his retirement. To be honest, they have the roster to do that next season and they haven't done the draft yet!

jap

Legend
Obviously, the Man named Brady has not really been clocked hard enough and consistently enough yet. Let's see what the SonOfBum's charges can do to rehabilitate that Brady mindset.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Brady may deny father time for another year or so, but that wall comes fast and suddenly.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Peyton Manning had that passion too...Brady is lasting longer than most, but age will knock him off pretty soon.

Last edited: