Todd Gurley is Your Offensive Rookie of the Year!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
XGToaQx.jpg
Yes, just the first check mark.\

He was so emotional, accepting.... Love it!

Proud of a burgeoning superstar. Can't be happier that he IS a RAM!

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
OK maybe it's just me but we have to work the all Yellow uni's into the rotation

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave

View: https://twitter.com/nflnetwork/status/696140218760503296

Congrats to Todd! He finished 3rd in the league in rushing to go along with 10 touchdowns despite missing the first three games of the season, and the last game as well.

He beat out Tampa Bay's Jameis Winston and Oakland's Amari Cooper.

UPDATE: Here is a link to the official voting break down. Todd runs away with 27 of 50 votes.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...odd-gurley-named-offensive-rookie-of-the-year

There was never any doubt in my mind he'd get it!!!

3qaitle.jpg

Mob.jpg

RamBill

Legend
Emotional Todd Gurley caps long recovery with Offensive Rookie of the Year award
By Nick Wagoner

http://espn.go.com/blog/st-louis-ra...overy-with-offensive-rookie-of-the-year-award

It was a long and arduous road back to a football field for Los Angeles Rams running back Todd Gurley.

But after Gurley was officially named the Associated Press' Offensive Rookie of the Year on Saturday night, he let out all of the pent-up emotion of a year spent rehabilitating from a torn left ACL.

"I think at this moment, all the emotions are pushing out," Gurley said at the annual NFL awards ceremony in San Francisco. "I think besides this award, the Pro Bowl was another accolade that just brought all of the emotions out of me. It's definitely a proud moment in my life so I'm gonna have my friends pick on me by crying but I'll be fine."

Gurley should be more than fine after taking home the highest honor for an offensive rookie. He adds the award to the same honor from the Pro Football Writers of America as well as his first trip to the Pro Bowl.

In his debut season, Gurley finished with 1,106 rushing yards, joining Eric Dickerson and Jerome Bettis as the only Rams rushers to reach 1,000 rushing yards in their rookie year. He was also first among all rookies in yards from scrimmage (1,294), second in total touchdowns (10) and first in 100-yard games (five).

Along the way, Gurley became the first rookie in NFL history to rush for 125 or more yards in four consecutive games. His 566 yards in his first four starts set an NFL record for the Super Bowl era, and he's one of three rookies since 1970 to rush for 700 or more yards in his first six starts.

All of that despite playing only 13 games. Gurley, 21, sat out the first two still working his way back from the injury he suffered in October 2014, then missed the season finale because of a turf-toe issue.

"Coming off the ACL a year ago, to be able to win this award, it definitely means a lot," Gurley said. "It's a gift from God. I can't say nothing else about it. Thank you to my teammates, coaches and everybody that believed in me and helped me get to this point."

Gurley became the first Ram since Sam Bradford in 2010 to win the offensive rookie of the year award, and his victory comes on the heels of Rams defensive tackle Aaron Donald claiming the defensive version last year. He's also the third running back in Rams history to win the offensive award, joining Hall of Famers Bettis (1993) and Dickerson (1983).

Pretty good company for a player most believe is just scratching the surface of his potential and only figures to be better when he's another year removed from that devastating knee injury in 2016.

"I couldn't even picture myself being in these shoes a year ago," Gurley said. "My biggest thing was to just try to get back and playing on the field and be healthy and to get this award is a blessing. I couldn't have imagined this in a million years but it definitely happened."

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
Way to go Todd! Isn't it nice to have a guy so easy to root for? I'm sure I would support a Jameis Winston, if he were a Ram, but it would be tainted.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Way to go Todd! Isn't it nice to have a guy so easy to root for? I'm sure I would support a Jameis Winston, if he were a Ram, but it would be tainted.
Stealer of crap legs, and women's pantolonies, etc.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I still feel very, very strongly that had the Gurley Man been fully healthy entering this season, he would have seriously challenged Eric's record-setting 1808 rookie rushing yardage.

He would also be playing for another team because he would have gone top 5 in the draft.

9lbHammer

UDFA
I also love the fact that he has come across as genuine and humble in every interview I have heard or seen in print. Great work ethic, which always ages well.

jap

Legend
Very soon the biggest Man in the NFL will be a Gurley Man!!!

RamBill

Legend
Gurley salutes St. Louis fans in winning NFL honor

• By Jim Thomas

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/foot...cle_46d5c364-7350-5899-8d0e-4d3d21dca8c6.html

SAN FRANCISCO • Other than perhaps a playoff berth, Todd Gurley couldn’t have asked for a better rookie season in the NFL.

Capping an inaugural season in which he topped 1,000 yards rushing and made the Pro Bowl, the Rams’ running back was named the NFL’s offensive rookie of the year as voted on by the Associated Press.

Last month, Gurley also was named rookie of the year by the Pro Football Writers of America.

His voice nearly cracking with emotion, Gurley told a national television audience during Saturday’s NFL Honors show that the award: “Definitely means a lot. You know, a year ago, battling from an ACL (knee) injury to being offensive rookie of the year. I definitely appreciate everybody who voted for me.”

Gurley also had a shout-out to the fans of St. Louis during the telecast, while also saying hello to his new Los Angeles fan base.

“I just want to say something to the St. Louis fans,” Gurley said. “I know you all might be disappointed that we’re leaving. But you know, I still support the fans. ... We’re gonna be in LA next year, so hopefully we’ll make some noise out there.”

Still emotional after a brief press conference backstage, Gurley said his remarks to St. Louis a few minutes earlier on TV were heartfelt.

“This is for them,” Gurley said, clutching the award.

Gurley is the first Rams offensive rookie of the year since quarterback Sam Bradford in 2010, but the team has now gone back-to-back in rookie honors because defensive tackle Aaron Donald was the AP’s defensive rookie of the year last season.

Donald was a finalist for defensive player of the year this season, but the award went to Houston Texans defensive end J.J. Watt on Saturday.

Only two other Rams besides Gurley and Bradford have won offensive rookie of the year awards – running backs Jerome Bettis (1993) and Eric Dickerson (1983). Both are in the Pro Football Hall of Fame.

This season, Gurley finished with 1,106 yards rushing and scored 10 touchdowns despite playing in only 13 games. He missed the first two games as he completed rehab work from a knee injury and subsequent surgery in 2014 in college at Georgia.

He also missed the season finale in San Francisco with turf toe, but played in the Pro Bowl and said Saturday night that the toe is fine.

Gurley became the first rookie in NFL history to rush for 125 yards or more in four consecutive games. His 566 yards rushing in his first four starts are the most for a rookie in the Super Bowl era.

“I couldn’t even picture myself being in these shoes a year ago,” Gurley said. “My biggest thing was to just try to get back playing on the field and get healthy. To get this award is definitely a blessing. I couldn’t imagine this in a million years.

“Thank you to my teammates, coaches, and everybody that believed in me and helped me get to this point.”