Dolphins activate T.J. McDonald after eight-game suspension

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
No way Baron will ever net us Cle 33rd pick. That pick has so much value to the teams that has it!
You get the best player who slipped out of the 1st Rd.
Baron only fits in a few Def systems so his value is extremely limited IMHO.
Why would a team in a major rebuild trade FOR a player w/ his contract & age?
Too juicy of a pick for a rebuild in progress to trade unless there draft board went "perfect" and would be willing to slide down a "few" picks

Slow your roll lol. Nobody said Barron was worth the 33rd pick. The trade that was discussed was Tru for the 33rd and Barron for the third round pick.

I also hugely disagree that Barron would only fit a couple defenses in the role he has been in. He would fit any 4-3 defense and even likely have a role in 3-4 defenses depending on the d coordinator.

And what's wrong with his age? He's only 27 years old. He's just entering his prime.

I do however agree that his contract sucks, but teams can accommodate. Just like we are.

Zero

Pro Bowler
How much Ram cap space is left to be utilized on a player who was having personal issues, missed early camp & then was charged with DUI. Now facing suspension & would play behind a better SS in Mo Alexander?
This.

JIMERAMS

Pro Bowler
Name
Bill
Barron's not going anywhere!!!!!:banghead:
Hopefully

Everyone keeps throwing Barron's name out there I think #sonofbum likes him and I think he will do fine in this 3-4.

On another note maybe TJ was over rated by some members here I don't think he is that special an ave SS

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
TJ McDonald can play. He brings an element to this team. He'll be missed. I'm sure the team that signs him will be extremely happy to have him on the field.

I like Barron....for SS....I like Mo for SS....I like Brian Randolph for SS/FS....Seems we stocked the team with too many SS's

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
TJ McDonald can play. He brings an element to this team. He'll be missed. I'm sure the team that signs him will be extremely happy to have him on the field.

I like Barron....for SS....I like Mo for SS....I like Brian Randolph for SS/FS....Seems we stocked the team with too many SS's
Fisher liked to say that both safety positions were interchangeable, but it really looked like 2 SS. McLeod would play CB/Nickle when called upon, but played like a SS most of the time. Big hitter, good against the run, just ok against the pass. It's pretty much what Mo brought to the table this past season.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Mo has been getting better in coverage with each season he's played. I don't think he's reached his potential. Phillips will bring him along further.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
My expectation is that teams are waiting for his possible suspension to be doled out.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Is it possible as fans we over valued McDonald? Even with a suspension looming teams would at least kick the tires. I haven't heard anything. If he's serviceable or better it wouldn't stop teams from showing interest. If he's low end teams tend to stay from the players facing a possible suspension.

Psycho_X

Legend
Everyone keeps throwing Barron's name out there I think #sonofbum likes him and I think he will do fine in this 3-4.

On another note maybe TJ was over rated by some members here I don't think he is that special an ave SS

Agreed on both, my expectation is Phillips will use Barron and Tree as his ILBs and letting them run free and do what they do best.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Is it possible as fans we over valued McDonald? Even with a suspension looming teams would at least kick the tires. I haven't heard anything. If he's serviceable or better it wouldn't stop teams from showing interest. If he's low end teams tend to stay from the players facing a possible suspension.

I don't think so. Michael Floyd has the same issue. There has been no real interest in him right now. Teams can afford to wait. The first wave of FA is over.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

T.J. McDonald - DB - Free Agent
NFL suspended free agent SS T.J. McDonald the first eight games of 2017.

The suspension likely stems from his September DUI. McDonald recently visited Miami, but hasn't had much free agent interest. The eight-game ban is a major hit to his chances of signing with a team. McDonald wouldn't count against the 53-man roster until Week 9 if he lands a contract

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...-mcdonald-suspended-first-8-games-2017-season

Free-agent safety T.J. McDonald suspended 8 games, says source

Free-agent safety T.J. McDonald, who played for the Los Angeles Rams in 2016, has been suspended for the first eight games of the 2017 regular season, a league source told ESPN's Field Yates.

McDonald, 26, pleaded guilty in January to a misdemeanor count of reckless driving involving drugs or alcohol, stemming from a traffic accident a year ago in Woodland Hills, California.

McDonald, who was originally charged with driving under the influence of drugs, was sentenced to three years' probation and fined $390 plus penalties as part of his plea deal. He also was ordered to do a one-month live-in drug program, attend alcohol and narcotics classes, do community service, and pay restitution to the driver of the other vehicle.

The second-highest-ranked unsigned free agent in the ESPN 150, McDonald visited the Miami Dolphins -- his first free-agent visit -- on the same day he learned his fate, a source said.

An aggressive, ball-hawking strong safety, McDonald started 43 of 48 games for the Rams over the past three seasons, compiling three interceptions, 14 pass deflections, two fumble recoveries, one forced fumble, four sacks and 171 total tackles.

McDonald started every game in 2016 and graded out 58th among 90 qualified safeties by Pro Football Focus.

McDonald was selected by the Rams in the third round of the 2013 draft out of USC.

Varg6

Starter
Name
Jake
per NFL.

Wonder how that'll affect things for him...

Does anyone know why he's suspended? I honestly forget.

Picked4td

Pro Bowler
Do we now cut him?

He's already a free agent but if anything I think the Rams should re-sign him since the suspension basically makes his value next to nothing and doesn't count against the 53man roster to week 9. Would be a good replacement if anything happened to a starting safety