TJ McDonald appreciation thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Not too bad for a guy whom many claimed had "stiff hips" (whatever the hell that means) coming out of College, and would never be more than a back up or ST player.

I've stopped caring of all the pre-draft labels.

It's simple: the players either make it or don't (the majority).

That 3rd round had some good players in addition to TJ McDonald:

Travis Kelce
Larry Warford
Sio Moore
Tyrann Mathieu
Terrance Williams
Keenan Allen
Maquise Goodwin
Markus Wheaton
Stedman Bailey
Knile Davis

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
From yesterday(just incase anyone missed it). Williams talks alot about TJMac and the defense here. I found these pressers to be very insightful from GW.
Part 2

FRO

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
It seems like those with good pedigrees end up turning out well. I guess mentally they really know what to expect coming into the league.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
I never thought I'd be this happy about the son of a famous 49er in the horns.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
It seems like those with good pedigrees end up turning out well. I guess mentally they really know what to expect coming into the league.
Though there are some exceptions... Kellen Winslow Jr. can't carry his dad's jock.

Though there are some exceptions... Kellen Winslow Jr. can't carry his dad's jock.

Yeah Peyton Manning hasn't got shit on his Dad either (that may be incorrect, the last two Manning games I saw were the Seahawks and Rams games, people say he's a good player though).

SteveBrown

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
I have to say I was wrong; he looks to be a very good player!
He has been in the right place at the right time, and that is better than speed!

FRO

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Good call. I forgot about him. My point isn't looking so good anymore.

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
I said in the offseason that McDonald could be as good as Chancellor this year. He's not falling short of that prediction so far

PowayRamFan

Hall of Fame
Love the way he tackles. Sure tackler but lays the wood at the right times. We got a player here boys...

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
The most maligned pick of the 2013 class has to this date probably been the best pick with Ogletree a close second. He has really taken off this year. I also love our defensive scheme with the three safeties. Barron and McDonald are big time thumpers and McLeod despite being small can level some hits too.
Better watch it. @Alan will think I put you up to this. :ROFLMAO:

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
Better watch it. @Alan will think I put you up to this. :ROFLMAO:

Yeah I'm going to have to respectfully disagree with Alan here, I'm pretty sure the Rams are set at both S positions for the immediate future, don't think they'll be drafting one next May.

V3

Hall of Fame
The most maligned pick of the 2013 class has to this date probably been the best pick with Ogletree a close second. He has really taken off this year. I also love our defensive scheme with the three safeties. Barron and McDonald are big time thumpers and McLeod despite being small can level some hits too.
He was maligned? Never heard that before. I know some didn't like the Ogletree pick but I didn't hear too much from anyone for McD.

Alan

Legend
OC--LeftCoast putting his money down on a a brief encounter:
Yeah I'm going to have to respectfully disagree with Alan here, I'm pretty sure the Rams are set at both S positions for the immediate future, don't think they'll be drafting one next May.
You're probably right about this OC. McD at FS and Davis at QB next year because it's obvious after their play in this and the Eagles game respectively that they're going to be our future. :whistle: :LOL:

Joking aside, I hope you're right about McD (I'll wait just a wee bit longer before I anoint him as our new FS) because we have some other holes to fill. Especially on the O-line and maybe a new QB.